Darvel vs Falkirk - 5th round

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You can’t hope that Falkirk make some money from this Cup on one hand and complain that we charge too much on the other. There’s only 900 tickets and they will get snapped up at £20 irrespective of your complaint……

A win sees us net £100k plus £32k for being televised.  

We will already a decent profit on the cup run at this rate.

There is just no justification to charge an extra £2 on top of what we already would for league games for an inferior experience.

7 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

A win sees us net £100k plus £32k for being televised.  

We will already a decent profit on the cup run at this rate.

There is just no justification to charge an extra £2 on top of what we already would for league games for an inferior experience.

An extra £675, call it 0.67% of this years rent on the North Stand?

20 hours ago, TxRover said:

You realize that the pricing for these matches is determined as follows:

Until the semifinals, the two slides shall agree upon ticket prices.

If the two sides cannot agree, then the standard fixture admission of the home club shall be charged.

As I doubt Darvel charge £20 per game (looked it up, £8), Falkirk agreed with Darvel to jack the rates up…if Falkirk simply said no, it would have been £8.

“28. Minimum Charge for Admission
28.1 All Home Clubs shall ensure that the minimum adult, non-concessionary admission charge for Matches in the Preliminary Round(s) (if applicable), Round One, Round Two and Round Three shall be £5.
28.2 All Home Clubs shall ensure that the minimum adult, non-concessionary admission charge for all other Matches, excluding the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match, shall be £8 for all.
28.3 Subject to the terms of this Competition Rule 28, the charges for admission for Matches shall be agreed by the Clubs competing in that particular Match. If the competing Clubs are unable to agree, the charges which are normally made for the regular fixtures of the Home Club will apply.
28.4 Except as provided in Rule 28.5, a Club which is the Home Club for a Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to accommodation designated for supporters of the Away Club than for broadly comparable accommodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at the same Match.
28.5 The prohibition in Rule 28.4 does not apply to any: -
28.5.1 element of discount in the admission price per Match integral in the price of a season ticket or season book for all of the Matches of the relevant Club for the complete season in which ground access is permitted by such season ticket or season book;

28.5.2 concessionary admission prices for the relevant Match charged exclusively to persons who are senior citizens, children and/or disabled and who qualify as such; and
28.5.3 concessionary admission prices for the relevant Match charged to individuals comprised in groups of two or more persons, at least one of whom must be less than sixteen years of age, for admission together to a bona fide family enclosure exclusively used and designated as such for the complete season in which the relevant Match falls.”

19 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Yep, that is why I am disappointed we have agreed to it.

Our board will be well aware this game comes after 4 straight away games and I would have expected them to have had a more reasonable approach to pricing.

18 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You can’t hope that Falkirk make some money from this Cup on one hand and complain that we charge too much on the other. There’s only 900 tickets and they will get snapped up at £20 irrespective of your complaint……

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Fair enough, but with £18 for the previous round, this was a given. Now, for a little math…at an average of £17 per ticket versus perhaps £10 if they cheaped it, 3500 x £17 = £59,500 versus £35,000. The difference is roughly £24,500 x .375 = £9,187.50 extra for Falkirk, versus just £13,125 in total the cheap way. Not bad for that tiddly little stadium.

It’s all about the #NBP!

15 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Has the away section capacity been recalculated following the Aberdeen game ? Noticed Aberdeen had more tix, albeit didnt sell them all.

I reckon that's why it's been reduced. The segregation barriers looked pretty new/ permanent so imagine we'll have exactly the same size of standing area. Aberdeen only had 800ish there and it looked full. It was already reduced from 1750 to 1200 for their game.

On 02/02/2023 at 11:02, Shodwall cat said:

20 quid to stand at that hovel is really taking the piss.  Our bod are as much to blame for agreeing to it though.

Think it's been upgraded since Kemlin were last there. Fence has been replaced, so would imagine nobody can exercise their dogs on it anymore.

On 01/02/2023 at 23:01, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I reckon that's why it's been reduced. The segregation barriers looked pretty new/ permanent so imagine we'll have exactly the same size of standing area. Aberdeen only had 800ish there and it looked full. It was already reduced from 1750 to 1200 for their game.

It seemed that everyone who was there that night (😭) was able to see. I got in early so was at the front and because the terracing had been built up I had a great of view of everything that happened. 

22 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It seemed that everyone who was there that night (😭) was able to see. I got in early so was at the front and because the terracing had been built up I had a great of view of everything that happened. 

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/09/scared-peeking.gif

On 09/02/2023 at 18:31, kingjoey said:

And did you enjoy your Ayrshire experience, joey?

Watching it on TV was rank, to be pfhwy.