Darvel vs Falkirk - 5th round

Last night was hilarious but it can easily happen to us. 

Darvel looked very solid defensively and also very dangerous on the break so McGlynn will have a lot to consider. I think he will pay Darvel a bit more respect than Goodwin and will properly prepare for it. 

Expecting BBC to pick this one up but there will still be another full house. Reckon we will fire through tickets very quickly. 

Looking forward to it but would gladly take a scrappy 1-0.

It's all getting a bit comfortable for Falkirk recently in the league, and Darv££££l did pump Montrose already, so another home win (hopefully on telly, and hopefully with the away support given more than a hill and a bit of tape for an enclosure) would be great fun.

4 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Could be a bit of a scramble for tickets. Aberdeen initially got 1,750 but that got reduced down to 1,200. The view from the away end didn't look the greatest but looking forward to it regardless.

Reading the Darvel v Aberdeen thread, it seems they simply created a flattish area atop a bank at the end. They prohibited umbrellas among the Dons fans to reduce impediments to viewing, but most people said the view was horrific beyond the front couple of rows. There’s a couple of phone videos that seem to show the area in question, and it’s great for saying you were there…beyond that…

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

I hope Darvel have a big enough capacity to hold the the thousands of Falkirk fans expected to travel to this one. If not, we (Dumbarton) have a spare stand you could borrow which is specifically for the Falkirk support.

Pulling out all the stops for the #NBP.😉

7 minutes ago, microdave said:

I hope Darvel have a big enough capacity to hold the the thousands of Falkirk fans expected to travel to this one. If not, we (Dumbarton) have a spare stand you could borrow which is specifically for the Falkirk support.

I hear they're looking to move it to Broadwood, m8.

Only time I was ever in Darvel’s ground was a right struggle too. Almost 28 years ago & yes, it was future/former Bairns Jack Ross, Brian Kemp, Alan McGonigal & Derek Haston in the Kemlin team

1C386DB5-5B0D-4D99-9DC7-B8C362F9A8BD.jpeg

Edited by kiddy