😺 Raith Rovers v Inverness CT 🔵 🔴

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

HMS Playoffs sailed long ago mate.

We would have been well in the hunt today if we had won.   Which would have been important for keeping gates as high as possible, in order to bring much needed revenue.

The past 2 league games have seen 4 vital points thrown away.

Thought Raith played some pretty some nice stuff just lacked that final ball at times. 

The game was always going to be tough when Welsh decided all he was going to do was boot the ball as far up the park as possible and Hyde was a headless chicken, as much as I like giving youth a chance I don’t think he’s at the standard. 

Good to see Allardice and Harper back though, hopefully get Deas back next as Duffy is steady but he gave me the fear at times. 

Have I missed something with the County loanee Akio? Some p**do chants on the go in our end 

An excellent first half performance from Rovers, then a horrible start to the second. We then regained control of the game... and shat the bed again losing yet another joke of a goal. This team's soft centre is so frustrating it's unreal, and it doesn't seem to matter who we are starting at the back. 

Knew when we dominated but only went in 1-0 up that it would unravel as per the usual script. Our defence is so poor at crosses. What the f**k does Murray say to the team at half time? They come out asleep every week.

Today pretty much confirmed to me that we’re a middling team with an average manager. Should be enough to stay in the league  Let’s just focus on not getting relegated and anything in the cups is a bonus. 

40 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We would have been well in the hunt today if we had won.   Which would have been important for keeping gates as high as possible, in order to bring much needed revenue.

The past 2 league games have seen 4 vital points thrown away.

We may well have been in the hunt arithmetically,  but this team doesn't have the consistency to stay there.

On the positive, we have all our influential players fit again, bar Matthews, and we're not getting beat, so we can still maybe find some consistency before season's end. When the squad will break up and we'll be back to square one...

Dontcha love following the Rovers?

44 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I wonder when we’ll beat Inverness. It’ll happen someday. Will I still be alive?

Am asking myself the same thing. We should have that won today but for yet more calamitous defending.

11 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

4 wins from the 13 games left to go should see us avoid any trouble at the bottom, Arbroath next week in who knows what conditions is bordering on the must not lose category 

Think we just need to make sure we don’t gift the three teams below us three points in our match ups. Draws fine, sneak a win or two against them and we should be safe. Let’s start at Arbroath on Saturday 

41 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Thought Raith played some pretty some nice stuff just lacked that final ball at times. 

The game was always going to be tough when Welsh decided all he was going to do was boot the ball as far up the park as possible and Hyde was a headless chicken, as much as I like giving youth a chance I don’t think he’s at the standard. 

Good to see Allardice and Harper back though, hopefully get Deas back next as Duffy is steady but he gave me the fear at times. 

Have I missed something with the County loanee Akio? Some p**do chants on the go in our end 

My son was telling me at the game he seen something about him on twitter some kind of sexual charge in his past, Don’t know exactly what it was so probably to do with that

Thought we were pretty poor overall, have to be satisfied with a point. For the entire first half we created one real chance, a Billy McKay shot that was saved. Raith had far more of the ball, they kept Danny Mackay and Henderson completely under wraps and looked solid. Their first goal was an excellent finish, Vaughan hit it early after the ball dropped to him from a headed clearance, very clever. 

Early in the second half we looked a bit sharper and scored a great goal, slick movement from McKay and Henderson with the latter rattling in a cracking finish. I’d thought we could push on and take hold of the game but things really just fell back into the pattern they had been and Raith came back into it and retook the lead. Some careless play in midfield have them the ball and we didn’t close down Connolly down quickly enough, he finished really well. 

We subbed on Allardice and he made a difference but Raith could have extended their lead from a corner, given away extremely cheaply by Duffy. The ball was scrambled off the line and from behind the goal it looked almost like either handball or a goal. It wasn’t given though and we equalised when Welsh chipped in a free kick on the edge of the box and McKay headed it in, from the far end it looked a terrible goal defensively, McKay was in yard and yards of space.

Overall, a good point co soldering how poor we were. Our attacking players couldn’t get going at all as there eas no real service coming from the middle or defence. I thought Welsh was poor as was Hyde, either could have been pulled for Allardice. Duffy was a bit shaky at the back, the corner he gave away for nothing was terrible.

Our best players were Billy Mackay and Doran, who worked really hard and were the likeliest to create things. I thought Raith were good, Vaughan and Connolly were dangerous and they contained us defensively apart from the second equaliser.

Good away support, complete with smoke bombs, police interventions and verbal tiffs with strange locals in the street outside the ground.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Agree with this. Raith were probably the better team overall. Aside from a period either side of half time where we played some nice stuff we were pretty direct whereas Raith played some nice, quick passing football for most of the game. They really should have won the game as I thought we were really poor. Welsh and Hyde were dreadful in the middle of the pitch and, apart from his goal, Henderson did almost nothing of note on the right. Danny MacKay was quiet and didn't react well when he was subbed off to make way for Shaw later on who, like his fellow sub Boyd, did precious little. A real come down after the encouraging performance against QP the other week.

Billy Mckay worked his socks off all afternoon and Devine was solid enough at the back. Allardice in the few minutes he was on the pitch was better than Welsh and Hyde combined. Wrap him in cotton wool the rest of the week so he's fit to go next weekend please.

Raith's goals were both excellent from an ICT POV they were poorly defend. I felt like we should have closed down Vaughan long before he got the chance to shoot and we also looked to be sleeping when Connolly got his standard goal against ICT with a lovely curling effort just inside the penalty area beyond Ridgers at the far post.

Similarly, Raith will be bemoaning their defending for our strikes with Henderson doing really well to get a quick shot off to beat MacDonald and Mckay finding acres of space at a free kick to head in the second equaliser.

Really starting to wonder if Raith will ever beat us based on games like today. We were honking and we still got a point.

Finally, Jamie MacDonald remains one of the best guys in football taking the usual "He won us the Cup" chants in his stride and conducting the away support with a big smile on his face, Top guy.  

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Allegedly, and I cannot stress that enough allegedly, there are videos doing the rounds of him and a very young girl at a party getting pretty close. Probably best to leave it there.

ETA: Forgot the Mckay handball mentioned by @ICTChris above. Looked like we got away with one there.

Edited by RiG

I think that match really sums us up. 

Between each 18 yard box we're probably as good as anyone in the league but despite all our good football, we really struggle to carve out clearcut chances. I think other than the goals there was only the Gullan header in the first half and then the one cleared off the line in the second half.

Meanwhile we consistently give away the sort of cheap goals from set pieces that we can never score ourselves. 

Very frustrating, but still some optimism that we aren't far away from getting it right. 

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Can't understand the Rovers fans disappointment at the score as this thread is riddled with RR fans negativity before the game stating they weren't going to win.

Your club has been the first goalscorers in the last 7 league matches. They have won one.  Is that no justification to be pissed off. 

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Given the heavy use of allegedly, then probably better not repeating hearsay that is most likely absolute shite. The ‘sex charge’ nonsense someone mentioned before appears to be based on a still photo of him and Ross Callahan talking to folk at a party. Ridiculous. 

Do Raith Rovers not do due diligence on the strikers they hire?

On another note a crowd of over 2000 for a run of the mill league game against ICT is good going. A shite month financially for a lot of folk, shite time financially in general for a lot of people as well, so kudos to the home and away fans that turned up.