😺 Raith Rovers v Inverness CT 🔵 🔴

41 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

A standard 3 points awarded to ICT i'm assuming. Who is the guaranteed dog muck official this time round anyway?

Probably Colin.

Saw him the other night at Macleods chippie with his Caley top and Toorie on.

Edited by SandyCromarty

We don’t seem to have had Colin Steven as a referee since the last time he reffed us at home to Inverness. What’s the chances of that? Surely there isn’t that many referees who take charge of Championship games. 

edit: I make it 37 competitive games since we last had him stretching back nearly a year. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We don’t seem to have had Colin Steven as a referee since the last time he reffed us at home to Inverness. What’s the chances of that? Surely there isn’t that many referees who take charge of Championship games. 

edit: I make it 37 competitive games since we last had him stretching back nearly a year. 

It’ll be 38 if Grainger is still up for Linlithgow…and he is.

I wouldn’t be surprised by Euan Anderson either.

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We're essentially onto a whole new roster of referees. Since the Premiership introduced VAR, they use twice as many of the "good" referees as they used to, each weekend. 

The likes of Colin Steven now spend most Saturdays in a wee box watching replays, while we get the dross who would've otherwise been doing League One games. 

36 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There is no difference between any league games as far as refereeing is concerned, none of them are absolutely reserved for any one league.

Colin does play down being a Caley fanatic even though he wears his Caley top under his referee's shirt.

9 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

We're essentially onto a whole new roster of referees. Since the Premiership introduced VAR, they use twice as many of the "good" referees as they used to, each weekend. 

The likes of Colin Steven now spend most Saturdays in a wee box watching replays, while we get the dross who would've otherwise been doing League One games. 

Actually, Colin has already called the weeks 2, 9 and 13 ICT matches this year…so he’s about due again.

What's with all this negativity Rovers fans? We're starting to get back to health, we're unbeaten in the last 7 games in all comps and it's....ah for f**k sake. Well, maybe we can get lucky and the game is called off to delay the inevitable Caley pumping we always get? 

The Ian Murray games against Caley haven’t had quite the same hilarious implosions as the John McGlynn era. A run of the mill daft decision to give away a penalty from Millen and getting caught on the break late on while playing Murrayball (RIP) saw us lose 2-0 at Starks, and we were the better team by a distance but ultimately drew 1-1 in Inverness. No Rovers sitters, no 98th minute punt in from 40 yards, no contentious red cards, no real drama.  An inability to score goals cost us and that hasn’t been unique to our games with ICT  

Hopefully we’ll up our game in this one. 2-0 up, a couple of red cards and a 4-2 defeat for me. 

On the topic title, was there not an eagle emoji?

Should Inverness get a better animal into their badge?

I’m thinking Nessie rather than the eagle.

We’ve got to beat Inverness some day but I have my doubts it’ll happen this weekend. We’ve only beaten Accies in the league since the dreaded clocks went back.

Edited by Scary Bear