Hamilton Academical v Heart of Midlothian, Scottish Cup Fifth Round, 10 February 2023 - 7:45pm

Elixir

On 31/01/2023 at 17:37, Elixir said:

Haven't seen anything from Accies but you guys getting 3500 tickets will definitely include part of the main stand as the away (North) stand holds less than 2500 all in - might include the gazebo too.

Any Jambos able to confirm what options it's giving you when buying tickets?

West stand will be the sections of the main stand closest to the away end, North stand is the normal away end & if it's listed East stand is the gazebo - you should have turnstiles 4-6, 7-9 & 10-12 if Accies bother to open them all!

Accies fans will be all in at the other end of the main stand using turnstiles 1-3 so even with the boycott ongoing it'll be a shambles for our fans getting in if not there early enough 😂

Edited by cdhafc1874

On 04/02/2023 at 01:21, cdhafc1874 said:

Haven't seen anything from Accies but you guys getting 3500 tickets will definitely include part of the main stand as the away (North) stand holds less than 2500 all in - might include the gazebo too.

Any Jambos able to confirm what options it's giving you when buying tickets?

West stand will be the sections of the main stand closest to the away end, North stand is the normal away end & if it's listed East stand is the gazebo - you should have turnstiles 4-6, 7-9 & 10-12 if Accies bother to open them all!

Accies fans will be all in at the other end of the main stand using turnstiles 1-3 so even with the boycott ongoing it'll be a shambles for our fans getting in if not there early enough 😂

North and East were the ones I seen.

4 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

North and East were the ones I seen.

Gazebo in use then as that's the 'East Stand' at NDP

Anyone in there you'll be pretty close to the pitch in first few rows & you'd better hope it's dry on Friday night!

Tough game and a potential bananna skin me thinks, but we really should be progressing to the next round here, I will go for a 0-2 win but will probably be a nervy affair.

Humphrys has to start, only area I think we need to look at is midfield, will snoddy be able to play on the astro? If devlin is fit I would play devlin and Halliday or Grant.

2 hours ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Humphrys has to start

He will. Shankland is suspended. To be fair, he probably would have started regardless after his second half performance yesterday.

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Is there no appetite from the home fans for it, or are the board just cashing in? Seems a lot to give us given the capacity. 

A mix of both I assume. Many would have been planning to stay away due to the unjust banning of a few fans, however this has been revoked today.

But £25 to watch Hearts pump us when the game is on council telly won’t appeal to most.

16 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Is there no appetite from the home fans for it, or are the board just cashing in? Seems a lot to give us given the capacity. 

A lot of us are boycotting games because of the continued actions of the Board of Directors and as a Season Book holder,I haven't attended a home game(like plenty others) since the fans were banned. 

Add in giving Hearts more tickets than The Old Firm get(including our Singing area) and a lot of us are saying fcuk that.

There will be more Accies fans in The Bay Horse and other local Pubs than the ground which sums up The mess this Board are making of the club and "Fan Engagement".

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

A lot of us are boycotting games because of the continued actions of the Board of Directors and as a Season Book holder,I haven't attended a home game(like plenty others) since the fans were banned. 

Add in giving Hearts more tickets than The Old Firm get(including our Singing area) and a lot of us are saying fcuk that.

There will be more Accies fans in The Bay Horse and other local Pubs than the ground which sums up The mess this Board are making of the club and "Fan Engagement".

Sounds like a clusterfuck. Shame as cup ties are better when there's good numbers from both teams.

I'll chuck in a team line up I'd like to see/predict.

Firstly I don't think any of our oldies will play as it's a plastic pitch. Smith would be a maybe but I think he's recovering from injury still. So something like this:

Zander

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Atkinson Devlin Kio Cochrane

Kuol Humphrys Forrest

I know McKay had a great match last week, but I'd like to see Forrest get a chance. I feel we can probably rest one or two if possible, but this is our most important match currently in the schedule IMO as we should be targeting a cup win, and we should ease home in the league.

Big question is who is captain with Shankland suspended - Haring and Halkett who've both taken it in the past when Gordon's been unavailable are out, and I don't think Snodgrass (who took it when Shankland got sent off) will play, ditto Smith.  I suspect Kingsley's in line?

This might be lingering PTSD from those dire Friday night Championship games on the BBC, but I think this could be difficult. Hamilton's recent form maybe elevates it to be potential banana skin territory. Has to be the strongest team available.

I'd be very surprised if Snodgrass doesn't start. It's 9 days til our next game and then 13 days after that so there's plenty of recovery time.