meadowbank thistle V Heart of Midlothian

Livvy 0 Hearts 0. Is there a chance, however small, that me saying ‘there’s not a lot between everyone outwith the two uglies, but admittedly Hearts are doing well just now’ might actually have some substance?

Naw, shut the fcuk up you Weegie-lite Paisley basturt’, Hearts are clearly better….

Kidding folks… well, a wee bit. Would love our league without the uglies, just love it. Would be feisty and competitive. I can dream, can’t I?

30 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Livvy 0 Hearts 0. Is there a chance, however small, that me saying ‘there’s not a lot between everyone outwith the two uglies, but admittedly Hearts are doing well just now’ might actually have some substance?

Naw, shut the fcuk up you Weegie-lite Paisley basturt’, Hearts are clearly better….

Kidding folks… well, a wee bit. Would love our league without the uglies, just love it. Would be feisty and competitive. I can dream, can’t I?

Tbf, Livi 0-0 Hertz doesn't prove anything when the Old Firm quite literally also struggle there. Not having them in the top flight last season or this wouldn’t see a terribly exciting title race either given we'll be double digits clear of the nearest team again come season's end.

Just now, Elixir said:

Tbf, Livi 0-0 Hertz doesn't prove anything when the Old Firm quite literally also struggle there. Not having them in the top flight last season or this wouldn’t see a terribly exciting title race either given we'll be double digits clear of the nearest team again come season's end.

OK, I change my mind. I hope we continue as we are. No-one outwith two huge clubs winning the title for a quarter-of-a-century, and, having seen the game at Ibrox on Sportscene, and the Celtic v Morton cup game, a VAR studio bending over backwards to aid the two kunts. Borderline corrupt, if not full blown, banana republic levels of corruption.

Silly me.

21 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Amazing to think that the height of anti-Hearts lampooning just now is based on the fact 2 of our 13 goals this month came from penalties, but here we are.

Conveniently ignoring the clear cut penalties that weren't given against.

4 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Conveniently ignoring the clear cut penalties that weren't given against.

Penalties plural? Ok Stellar.

Hibs have won 3 games against 11 men this season. Three.

Just now, StellarHibee said:

Yep, that sending off for Aberdeen in the 86th minute when we were 4-0 up, really made all the difference. 😂

A bit like getting a single (stonewall) penalty in a 3-0 or 5-0 win then? Now you're getting it.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

In any given match the gap is small enough that the games are competitive, but over a 38-game season I'm pretty sure we'll see that Hearts are significantly ahead of the others.

I've been confident since the autumn that we'll be third by double figures.

We're not Man City, but we're a step above the others. I'd be surprised if it's not the same again next season.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

In any given match the gap is small enough that the games are competitive, but over a 38-game season I'm pretty sure we'll see that Hearts are significantly ahead of the others.

I've been confident since the autumn that we'll be third by double figures.

We're not Man City, but we're a step above the others. I'd be surprised if it's not the same again next season.

Here’s the league table, and Livvy (a massive club with untold resources and a stadium and fanbase to rival Barcelona) are this far behind you with a game in hand. Excuse me if I don’t buy into your hyperbole about Hearts being double-digit third place finishers and “significantly” ahead of the others.

You are ahead, I recognise Hearts are on a good run, but in my opinion, you aren’t a shoo-in for being significantly better than anyone.

7C46C443-D41A-4A72-8160-B7E377C55A16.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Here’s the league table, and Livvy (a massive club with untold resources and a stadium and fanbase to rival Barcelona) are this far behind you with a game in hand. Excuse if I don’t buy into your hyperbole about Hearts being double-digit third place finishers and “significantly” ahead of the others.

You are ahead, I recognise Hearts are on a good run, but in my opinion, you aren’t a shoo-in for being significantly better than anyone.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I think Hearts will be third by miles. I suppose we'll see.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

You're entitled to your opinion.

I think Hearts will be third by miles. I suppose we'll see.

You may well be third, and deservedly so. The only ‘by miles’ thing in the league table is the gap between the top two and the rest of us. It’s truly frightening now.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

OK, I change my mind. I hope we continue as we are. No-one outwith two huge clubs winning the title for a quarter-of-a-century, and, having seen the game at Ibrox on Sportscene, and the Celtic v Morton cup game, a VAR studio bending over backwards to aid the two kunts. Borderline corrupt, if not full blown, banana republic levels of corruption.

Silly me.

Yeah, that's not what I was getting at, lad.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Here’s the league table, and Livvy (a massive club with untold resources and a stadium and fanbase to rival Barcelona) are this far behind you with a game in hand. Excuse me if I don’t buy into your hyperbole about Hearts being double-digit third place finishers and “significantly” ahead of the others.

Imagine where we would be if we weren't playing in Europe with half a team out during the first half of the season, m8.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You may well be third, and deservedly so. The only ‘by miles’ thing in the league table is the gap between the top two and the rest of us. It’s truly frightening now.

If you hit pause and look at the table now, you can argue it's up for grabs. But you need to take into account that Hearts had European fitba in the early part of the season and obviously loads of injuries. Since the World Cup break, we've scudded Hibs and Aberdeen easily, taken four points from St Mirren and got a draw at Livi. We've gone from fourth and four points behind to four points clear (if Livi win their game in hand).

The direction of travel is quite obvious.