meadowbank thistle V Heart of Midlothian

16 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Aye, I'm sure we'd open up all 3 stands if required (think we have to Hearts on occasion?), only giving another 400 is a bit weird, but if those go fast then the next lot will be given as well. Doing it little at a time probably sparks a bit of FOMO so folk are more likely to get them quicker before we announce tickets being sold on the day.

Surprises me* if we've not got the tickets available online, best way of avoiding the high number of people buying a ticket on the day.

*Unless it's a Ticketmaster problem, those will never surprise me.

It's pretty much guaranteed that the OF will fill 3 stands but not quite as nailed on that Hearts will. Opening the 3 stands would require a bigger outlay for stewarding/policing which would hit the club if Hearts only end up filling 2 stands. Releasing them gradually seems like the sensible thing to do. As for PATG, I'm not sure if there will be the option on the day. I'm sure there's restrictions around these bigger games

19 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

It's pretty much guaranteed that the OF will fill 3 stands but not quite as nailed on that Hearts will. Opening the 3 stands would require a bigger outlay for stewarding/policing which would hit the club if Hearts only end up filling 2 stands. Releasing them gradually seems like the sensible thing to do. As for PATG, I'm not sure if there will be the option on the day. I'm sure there's restrictions around these bigger games

Don't think we've had PATG since being promoted, have to either get them online or at the ticket office at our ground if your getting them on match day. Risky going on the day to get a ticket and having to queue twice before getting in, think Hibs fans did this and missed the first 15/20 mins of the game.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't think we've had PATG since being promoted, have to either get them online or at the ticket office at our ground if your getting them on match day. Risky going on the day to get a ticket and having to queue twice before getting in, think Hibs fans did this and missed the first 15/20 mins of the game.

I PATG for this game last year tbf. I don't see why you wouldn't be offering the option again.🤷

Edited by the jambo-rocker

I imagine the tickets weren't opened for all stands as we didn't know how much Hearts will bring. If new sections open up then we need to pay for more stewarding (useless p***ks anyway) but no point having security for a section with 8 in it and another with 12. 

Apparently a few Livi fans have been unable to get home end tickets so I'm imagining that some Hearts fans have bought home end tickets. Here's hoping that they haven't. 

3 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I PATG for this game last year tbf. I don't see why you wouldn't be offering the option again.🤷

Did you PATG or buy a ticket from a window/separate spot and then queue to get in? I don't think we handle money on the turnstiles at all

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Improved their match day experience IMO.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I imagine the tickets weren't opened for all stands as we didn't know how much Hearts will bring. If new sections open up then we need to pay for more stewarding (useless p***ks anyway) but no point having security for a section with 8 in it and another with 12. 

Apparently a few Livi fans have been unable to get home end tickets so I'm imagining that some Hearts fans have bought home end tickets. Here's hoping that they haven't. 

Aye, doesn’t seem to be tickets on sale for it anymore so seems I won’t be going. I’ll phone Livi in the morning. To be fair, I make an absolute ‘mare of this every time it’s a big game.

55101DB8-9872-43F2-B67C-72E15DB401E8.jpeg

Edited by crispy

Here’s hoping the club haven’t fucked over home fans again selling tickets to away fans in the home end. I was hit by a coin by Rangers fans in the home end on match day 1, club made assurances to the fans that it would never happen again. 

22 hours ago, crispy said:

Aye, doesn’t seem to be tickets on sale for it anymore so seems I won’t be going. I’ll phone Livi in the morning. To be fair, I make an absolute ‘mare of this every time it’s a big game.

55101DB8-9872-43F2-B67C-72E15DB401E8.jpeg

I was slow to go online, really didn't expect to find no tickets available. 

Scrambling around for a decent stream tomorrow instead, really disappointed. 

Club have pulled home end tickets to stop away fans buying them, that's why they're no longer on sale. Fair play to the club because it seems like they're putting fan safety first after what happened on the opening day of the season

On the 29th of January last year we beat 4th-placed Motherwell to go 10 points clear and basically wrap up third. A year on to the day, we'll have the opportunity to do exactly the same tomorrow.

Easier said than done because I expect this to be our toughest game of the month. Our defence struggles with Nouble type strikers more than it does Nisbet types and I expect Livi to be all over our attempts to play it out from the back.

I suspect Neilson will stick with pretty much the same team and bring Grant and Humphrys on on the hour again, but I'd have them in from the start here. At the risk of prompting a recall from Wigan, Humphrys gives us the option to go direct more than Gino and offers a similar threat running in behind, while Grant should help us get more of a grip in midfield.