meadowbank thistle V Heart of Midlothian

Livi are a pain in the arse to play against and I mean that as a compliment, they actually play some decent stuff at times aswell.

I wonder if we will change it up a bit, we've been having success with the formation recently but the way livi will shut us down might cause us problems with the way we play out from the back.

10 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I was a slight bit gutted when Livi fell out of the top 6 last year because I genuinely thought they'd have conducted themselves quite well in Europe IMO.

Still hope they get 4th this season. Just as long as it's not too close.😅

I'm in a minority of one among the Livi support with this but I saw missing out last season as a blessing in disguise. County and Motherwell pipped us for Top Six and are both underperforming this season. Dundee Utd's successful 4th place finish saw them lose their manager. Then theirs and Motherwell's involvement in European competition last summer went very badly. St Johnstone came 11th last season, one in which they played in European competition. Going back a bit further, Killie were relegated only the season after playing in European competition. Same with Inverness, going back further still.

For a club like Hearts, qualifying for European competition is taken in stride and entirely befitting. For more diddy clubs, though, it can potentially unsettle things. The team and manager are suddenly thrust into the spotlight by the success and that can see them poached away. Supporter and media expectations can change and create new pressure. I felt Livi as a club weren't ready last season for the elevation in profile a higher league placing and European qualification would've brought. I'd be much more comfortable if it was achieved this season, though. Both Martindale and the key players will've had another year's experience. The club's had another 12 months to renew player contracts too, so potential transfer fees could hopefully be negotiated higher now.

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hopefully this isn't Davie playing games. Livingston striker set for return from injury for Sunday's clash with Hearts - Daily Record

However i'll believe it when i see it.

First thing I thought when I saw it is that he's been 'ready for the next game' for about a month now, hopefully he's telling the truth this time :lol:

57 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

First thing I thought when I saw it is that he's been 'ready for the next game' for about a month now, hopefully he's telling the truth this time :lol:

Aye, was on the commentary team in our last home match. Doesn't say he'll play tbf, just making the bench, sure Anderson sat getting splinters for a few games before coming on, and Montano has been an unused sub for a couple of games too, after coming back from an injury.

Would be great if he could get on for the last 15 mins or so, as it says in that article, he gets us up into the final third a bit deeper, with his strong hold up play and ability to get past players. With Anderson, Bradley and Kelly looking in good form in front of goal, with their willingness to take on shots, Nouble would be perfect for supplying them with assists.

48 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Surely a wee cash gate will be opened anaw to bank more maroon pound.

Just give Hearts more tickets. Theyl sell them no problem.We rarely if at all have a cash gate for the bigger games.But agree.It won't be a sell out.🤷‍♂️🦁❤£.

31 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Just give Hearts more tickets. Theyl sell them no problem.We rarely if at all have a cash gate for the bigger games.But agree.It won't be a sell out.🤷‍♂️🦁❤£.

Is it a deliberate shift to stop selling as many tickets to away fans, or just poor organisation between the clubs? If it's Livingston not wanting to give away too many then fair enough, it's your ground. Just don't recall that before.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Is it a deliberate shift to stop selling as many tickets to away fans, or just poor organisation between the clubs? If it's Livingston not wanting to give away too many then fair enough, it's your ground. Just don't recall that before.

Its well documented that we give 3 sides of the ground to OF fans.Why the couldn't offer the same to Hearts,knowing the support they'll bring baffles me.The club obviously have their reasons.Just seen Livi have offered more tickets,so at least that's something. 👍.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

4,500 away tickets is a decent amount. But yeah, we'll have 3 stands not filled by Livi fans so don't know why we aren't making more available, it'll only be the West stand that has our fans in it, and i doubt that'll be sold out either.

As Troy said, the erse cheeks get 3 stands, and some of them manage to get into the home stand too, which might happen on Sunday with Hearts fans buying home tickets if we're not giving them enough in the away ends.

I'm all for limiting away fans tickets if the home support can fill their own stadium, very unlike us not giving out as many tickets as we can to the away club when they can sell them.

Aye, I'm sure we'd open up all 3 stands if required (think we have to Hearts on occasion?), only giving another 400 is a bit weird, but if those go fast then the next lot will be given as well. Doing it little at a time probably sparks a bit of FOMO so folk are more likely to get them quicker before we announce tickets being sold on the day.

Surprises me* if we've not got the tickets available online, best way of avoiding the high number of people buying a ticket on the day.

*Unless it's a Ticketmaster problem, those will never surprise me.