meadowbank thistle V Heart of Midlothian

• Gorgie greatness changed the title to Heart of Midlothian V meadowbank thistle

Isn't this one over at the palace of pasta so the title should be the other way round

Anyway Hearts and Livingston have 5 red cards each this season (equalled only by St Mirren) so it shouldn't be assumed that this will end with 22 men on the field

Livingston have an unremarkable 45 yellow cards while only Celtic (29) have had fewer than Hearts (33)

The red and yellow totals suggest that this Hearts squad don't often lose the plot but when they do  they're liable to do it in style

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

29 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Isn't this one over at the palace of pasta so the title should be the other way round

Anyway Hearts and Livingston have 5 red cards each this season (equalled only by St Mirren) so it shouldn't be assumed that this will end with 22 men on the field

Livingston have an unremarkable 45 yellow cards while only Celtic (29) have had fewer than Hearts (33)

The red and yellow totals suggest that this Hearts squad don't often lose the plot but when they do  they're liable to do it in style

Does Shankland's on Sunday count in that total? Not so much 'Losing the Plot' as 'Standing Near Rocky Bushiri'.

5 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Does Shankland's on Sunday count in that total? Not so much 'Losing the Plot' as 'Standing Near Rocky Bushiri'.

I was going off spfl stats so no it doesn't

The other statistical insight I found was that Hearts (9) are the only team to have been awarded more penalties than Livi (8)

Livi have only scored two of them so if you hear someone dismiss Shankland as a player who "just" scores penalties the chances are they're not from Livingston

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The other statistical insight I found was that Hearts (9) are the only team to have been awarded more penalties than Livi (8)

Livi have only scored two of them

That's a shocking statistic.

Pre-Shankland we'd been shit at penalties for a bit (wee burst of Sean Clare pens aside, you'd need to go back to Pressley for someone who scored them consistently), but even we surely scored better than 1 in 4?

40 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Livi have only scored two

Genuinely surprised me, I thought it was only one.

Hearts are starting to put some distance between themselves and the rest, lonely wee losers. If we can play to our best and avoid winning any penalties there's no reason we can't get the win, but I'd be more than content if we can take a point.

I just want to see Nouble back in the squad.

4 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Pre-Shankland we'd been shit at penalties for a bit (wee burst of Sean Clare pens aside, you'd need to go back to Pressley for someone who scored them consistently), but even we surely scored better than 1 in 4?

The average for the league is about 3 in 4

19 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Genuinely surprised me, I thought it was only one.

Sean Kelly got one in a 3-2 win at Rugby Park on November the 4th and then the following Tuesday night in a 2-1 home win against Aberdeen

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/livingston-fc/elfmeterschuetzen/verein/1241

20 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

A point would do just fine here. Am I f**k going to Livingston twice in one season, so an afternoon off 'enjoying' Sportsound for me.

In fact, it's Sunday lunchtime, isn't it? Probably won't even listen in that case.

I don't normally do away games but I've just realised that there's practically a door to door bus service so I'm now tempted

I take it sections V and X are both behind the goals?

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don't normally do away games but I've just realised that there's practically a door to door bus service so I'm now tempted

I take it sections V and X are both behind the goals?

Not sure. I just checked my ticket from September, and I was in Block Q, which was up the touchline, maybe midway inside the half.

Get a curry pie, they're excellent.

• Gorgie greatness changed the title to meadowbank thistle V Heart of Midlothian
7 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Think you're forgetting a certain someone.

A fixture which usually has "crashing back down to earth" written all over it. Livi are the only team outside the OF we haven't beaten yet and we struggled in both matches.

We're certainly in far better shape than our last visit though and we've got options to mix it up with the team selection and subs. Really difficult to pick a team but assuming Hill's head-knock will keep him out I'd go for something like this:

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Smith Devlin Snodgrass Grant Cochrane

Humphrys Shankland

That leaves McKay, Kuol and Gino as options off the bench.

Another win would be brilliant and a draw would be fine. Losing would put third back in doubt.

I doubt if a defeat here would really put third back in doubt. Will Livi hit the 60+ points threshold that we almost certainly will? Probably not. It would sour things with a game against Rangers next up, however, and would probably make Livi favourites for fourth spot.

The above team will also probably be a goer, though perhaps still with Gino in and Grant on the bench. Grant could still 'come good', but if a third red card of the season has his name on it, then this could be the fixture.