The P45 showdown. Hibs v Aberdeen.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

What on earth was Shinnie doing for Campbell’s second goal, the header from the corner?

Absolute dreadful, just stood there and made no effort to cut the ball out or make it difficult for him. Just gave him a free run at it.

They covered it quite well on Sportscene last night, the Aberdeen defensive setup was all over the place. Shinnie had 2 players to cover, Jeggo and Campbell, while Duk was marking nobody on the 6 yard line.

Campbell put his hands on his knees like he was knackered, Shinnie turned to focus on Jeggo at exactly the wrong time and was totally wrongfooted as the corner came in.

Edited by Leith Green

21 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

They covered it quite well on Sportscene last night, the Aberdeen defensive setup was all over the place. Shinnie had 2 players to cover, Jeggo and Campbell, while Duk was marking nobody on the 6 yard line.

Campbell put his hands on his knees like he was knackered, Shinnie turned to focus on Jeggo at exactly the wrong time and was totally wrongfooted as the corner came in.

Ah fair enough, I never realised when I seen it he had been left 2 men.

Still though, it seemed like the cross was at a height he could’ve cut out but he seemed to panic a bit and just got indecisive.

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Even I'm feeling sorry for Jim here.

Agreed. I don't blame Goodwin for bailing and leaving us for a bigger club with a bigger budget. 

Think many folk did say though that the job is a poisoned chalice with massive demands, a bit of delusion sprinkled in and not lot of patience given if it goes wrong. Shame that we were proven right.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Much as I dislike them I'm almost rooting for Livingston to win tomorrow for the lolz.

Jack Ross and Jim Goodwin started their managerial careers at Alloa (as did Paul Hartley). At least the current Alloa manager is unlikely to be hired by a Premiership club (although you never know ...) 

Aberdeen next manager hunt LIVE as Dave Cormack ponders new names in ...

"And I'm delighted to announce our new manager fae Alloa.

Fit's his name?"

Has there ever been a case where an opposing manager has been sacked at an away ground so suddenly?  There’s been countless times a manager has in effect lost their job at an away ground.  But it’s normally formalised many hours later or over the next few days.  It was about 30 mins was it not?

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. I don't blame Goodwin for bailing and leaving us for a bigger club with a bigger budget. 

Think many folk did say though that the job is a poisoned chalice with massive demands, a bit of delusion sprinkled in and not lot of patience given if it goes wrong. Shame that we were proven right.

This is a nice narrative and allows you to pat yourself on the back and say I told you so, but events don’t really reflect this. 

Goodwin was allowed from his appointment until the end of the season winning (I think) only two games without any repercussion or retribution from the fans. 

From august through to the World Cup if anything he was over praised. The team was doing ok points wise but with a few absolute horror show red flags thrown in. 

Since the World Cup it’s one win in 10, the worst week of results I’ve ever seen in my lifetime and performances on a par with the lowest points of any Aberdeen era. 

I don’t think that suggests delusion and a lack of patience, but just a guy who wasn’t getting the job done. 

Edited by Dons_1988

13 hours ago, Bodie said:

Fair play to owning up to stinking out the thread with your shan patter m8.

As your well aware, things can change quickly in football. I'd look forward to reminding you of this when Hearts look to draw level with Dundee as the most relegated side in the modern era in a few years but alas, I suspect you'll have coincidently taken one of your periodical 'holidays' from the forum.

If hypothetical fantasy helps you out - you go right ahead in believing such things.

you're*, btw

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Not answering this one @Elixir?

I decide when I wish to bless the forum with my presence, thanks. 😎

10 hours ago, AJF said:

Absolutely everyone on this thread: “Hearts fans are having a mare”

Hearts fans: “Actually it’s YOU who is having a mare”

I just wanted to come on and enjoy this, ffs

It's not surprising plenty on the board are seething with Heart of Midlothian at the moment. Can't think of why that might be.

But you're just the token Old Firm sook.

9 hours ago, Bodie said:

Genuinely have no idea who you're talking about here.

th02.png.c995092b00b5169bf2708cbc940b4f0f.png

Same. Thankfully not something box office posters like myself need to be concerned with. 😎

15 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Don't worry Aberdeen fans. No matter how bad it is right now, the fact that teams like St Johnstone, Motherwell, Dundee United, Kilmarnock and Ross County exist ensure that there won't be a relegation fight to be worried about.

Worth noting that all of the teams in bold there have won the Scottish Cup more recently than Aberdeen, with Ross County having also won the only trophy Aberdeen managed during that period.

A fun time for a new manager to take over, especially with the dross he'll inherit.

Edited by Hedgecutter

54 minutes ago, bennett said:

I feel sorry for the Dons fans that turned up for the last few matches, they are the people who count.

Not Jim Goodwin, although no doubt we will hear him on Sportsound soon with all the other experts.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I feel sorry for the Dons fans that turned up for the last few matches, they are the people who count.

Not Jim Goodwin, although no doubt we will hear him on Sportsound soon with all the other experts.

You must have a heart of stone.

36 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It's not surprising plenty on the board are seething with Heart of Midlothian at the moment. Can't think of why that might be.

That’s kind of my point. When you have pretty much every other fan base saying that (some, not all) Hearts fans have turned into complete melts recently, then I think that tells you it’s maybe an issue with them rather than the rest of us. I think an inward look is required here.

So no, it’s not surprising is it.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s kind of my point. When you have pretty much every other fan base saying that (some, not all) Hearts fans have turned into complete melts recently, then I think that tells you it’s maybe an issue with them rather than the rest of us. I think an inward look is required here.

So no, it’s not surprising is it.

You’re wasting your time there I’m afraid 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I don't understand why he didn't go out like the dressing room door or something? I know nothing of the geography of ER, perhaps it's a quicker way out? Is it closer to the train station/his car? I feel it raises many questions