The P45 showdown. Hibs v Aberdeen.

12 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

The biggest positive today after seeing that awful moment for Goodwin walking across the pitch was finding out what lies behind the big Hibs doors. A small detail but an important one.

1576807973_giphy(1).gif.a4f1c0d6a4ecadcedb0b0aba67038899.gif

55 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Not sure which of the 13 lucky goals in our last five games I enjoyed the most…

I quite liked Barrie McKay playing one two with Halliday and Shankland before smashing home a screamer…

I also enjoyed Shankland beating the Hibs defence when he had six players in front of him…

Sibbick’s three quarters of the pitch run and cool chip over Marshall was quite nice…

Ginelly made no mistake at the edge of the box though mind…

No, I think my favourite has to be when Cammy Devlin robbed that huddy Fish, and then slotted it to Ginnelly, who in turn had his saved shot put on a plate for Shankland…

Too many to choose from though, really… we do have quite a lot of luck. 😄

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?

My apologies, I should have used a possessive pronoun instead of a contraction.

I must confess that I was a wee surprised you couldn't work out what I was meaning. 

Conceding a Puskas nominee to a 50 year old Michael Smith, losing to a village team managed by a peri-peri chicken shop owner and failing to have a shot on target in 90 minutes vs Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson. What a couple of weeks to be a Don.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Getting beat by Hearts is worse than losing to Darvel? How did Darvel get on today incidentally?

He isn't a coward either. Presumably you think he's one for not quitting, but why should he quit? He's not an Aberdeen fan. Quitting will see him lose a lot of money. He took the job for the money, so why would anyone think he would walk away from cash owed to him as per his contract? 

When does it actually happen that a poorly performing manager quits? It's pretty rare and I'm struggling to recall the last one.

Aye, funnily enough. Tho Strachan did once, Middlesbrough I think. 

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Naming no names amongst the jambos but always amazed at the compulsion some people have to post on a website where c.90% of posters make it clear they think you're an awful moron 

In fairness, I’ve been there. Sometimes it’s a difficult hint to take 😂

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

In fairness, I’ve been there. Sometimes it’s a difficult hint to take 😂

Nah you've got the blindspots we all have for our own clubs and sometimes drag an argument out like we all do. If you ever start doing a bad VT impression, the lowest IQ trolling I've ever seen and getting angry at the news all day I'll let you know 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Nah you've got the blindspots we all have for our own clubs and sometimes drag an argument out like we all do, if you ever start doing a bad VT impression, doing the lowest IQ trolling I've ever seen and getting angry at the news all day I'll let you know 

Genuinely have no idea who you're talking about here.

th02.png.c995092b00b5169bf2708cbc940b4f0f.png

What on earth was Shinnie doing for Campbell’s second goal, the header from the corner?

Absolute dreadful, just stood there and made no effort to cut the ball out or make it difficult for him. Just gave him a free run at it.

Edited by AJF

49 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Naming no names amongst the jambos but always amazed at the compulsion some people have to post on a website where c.90% of posters make it clear they think you're an awful moron 

Thankfully I circumvent such accusations, as the proud owner of a very positive rep, and a one time “winner of the day”. 🥇🎖🥈

North Korea Parade GIF by The Guardian

12 hours ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

That was box office. Love it when the event delivers following the build-up. 

Yip, I fully expected either a dull draw or a narrow Aberdeen win.

For the match to produce a scoreline that would be sensational at any time, let alone in these circumstances, was great to see.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

A'deen and Hibs are two storied clubs going through a bad patch.  Having lived in EH7 and Deeside I'd be happy to have supported either club if circumstances were different.

The very definition of damning two great teams ( ok, one great team and Aberdeen) with faint praise