The P45 showdown. Hibs v Aberdeen.

I still maintain that getting beat by Hearts was the worst result out of the three. Sad it had to get to this point, first time I wanted my team to lose.  Hated Goodwin when he was a player...I don't know what word would describe how I feel about him now. Pathetic excuse for a man, a true coward. 

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Miller there saying that there's far too many forin players and not enough who 'know what it means to play for Aberdeen'.

Know what it means = be better at football.

Seems to be a theme up that way. Remember Dick Gordon telling Miko to f**k off home a few years ago. 

10 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Tom English and co are always embarrassing whenever one of the usual Scottish fitba characters lose a job. Blame is on the players 'nae characters, nae fight, nae leaders' and inane shite about modern players having it easy.

As much as I want to join in with a BBC shortbread whinge, they have a point. The players are most definitely not blame free here. The Rangers games aside, they chucked it weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Ironic coming from a Celtic fan!

FWIW i think anyone banging on about 'getting it' and knowing what it means to play for Celtic is similarly full of shite for the most part. The last couple of years have shown that especially.

2 minutes ago, gazelle83 said:

I still maintain that getting beat by Hearts was the worst result out of the three. Sad it had to get to this point, first time I wanted my team to lose.  Hated Goodwin when he was a player...I don't know what word would describe how I feel about him now. Pathetic excuse for a man, a true coward. 

Aye, true. Getting thrashed by an experienced team full of better players that are well above you in the league is WAY worse than getting pantsed but Darvel and a shockingly bad Hibs team. flexing delusions of grandeur GIF

9 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Miller there saying that there's far too many forin players and not enough who 'know what it means to play for Aberdeen'.

Know what it means = be better at football.

I think if you put those 11 players in the jerseys of 'insert club from post-industrial central belt mid-sized town' FC instead of Aberdeen, they would probably be okay.

There is something about AFC over the last 25-30 years (other than the Calderwood/McInnes regimes) where we seem to drag good players that join us down, and they will head off elsewhere and be fine again.

Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United have had spells of suffering similarly with some of their recruits - but we seem to be the masters at temporary career ruination.

Edited by tarapoa

Just now, Karpaty Lviv said:

Hibs players cheering in the background during Cormack’s speech :lol: 

They don’t get too many opportunities for that sort of thing, bless them. Best to let them enjoy the moment. 

23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Genuinely comes across like a decent bloke but seems he's upset many players.

The senior players who went to bat for him should be out on their arse too.

If there is substance to the suggestions he upset the players, I actually think that underlines that they are unprofessional pea hearted sh1tebags. 

Would be very interested to know who went in to bat for Goodwin and convinced the FMB that he was worth a final shot. They clearly didn’t read the (dressing) room. Hayes?

1 minute ago, bpdon said:

If there is substance to the suggestions he upset the players, I actually think that underlines that they are unprofessional pea hearted sh1tebags. 

Would be very interested to know who went in to bat for Goodwin and convinced the FMB that he was worth a final shot. They clearly didn’t read the (dressing) room. Hayes?

From what I was told, any fall out and that's it. Player cast aside. 

Hayes looked in disbelief at the end..I don't know what he expected but I'm certain he'll have been one of the senior players who was desperate for him to stay.

Aberdeen losing 5-0 to Hearts and 6-0 to Hibs back to back who are both arguably their main rivals for 3rd most seasons, with darvel sandwiched in between has got to be one of the worst run of results ever in football that I can remember. 

Then there was the late goals conceded against Rangers* and Smeltic recently...you really couldn't get any worse.

Shame on the players for obviously absolutely chucking it. You would think players would be professional enough to play for their own pride and the club's but they've clearly chucked it in the last 3 games. Just wtf did Goodwin do or say to let it get this bad.

5 minutes ago, bpdon said:

As much as I want to join in with a BBC shortbread whinge, they have a point. The players are most definitely not blame free here. The Rangers games aside, they chucked it weeks ago.

I already have the rotten fruit looked out for the unprofessional imposters on Wednesday night.

Apparently they had the audacity to tell the board they were behind the manager.  They could have saved 2K dandies the time and expense by informing them that the actual intention was not to try a leg (again).  It is going to be very difficult to support guys who I have such utter contempt for in these games ahead of us - despite the obvious problems elsewhere in the club, including a manager who sadly proved to be tactically inept.