The Ton v. The Struggling Smokie-Lichties, 28-1-23

3 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Well your ratings are going down just like our league position.

Carlo was very poor, no cover at back for first which was a dragged wide shot.

Not around for the second.

Nearly fell asleep giving away a third, just as well McKenna was also sleeping.

No idea what Dougie was up to with the team today. Has Lithgow left or just sick today?

O'Connor is all right foot so no use at left of Baird in the center. Maybe should have been our right back today.

King was exposed and sadly showed his lack of experience, by being out of position frequently, still a project in progress.

A comic part today was Blues being left to mark Adwarkwa at corners and set pieces. I dare say the chat was "what's the weather like up there mate" 

As for our new starts can't see any upgrades only a numbers increase which I dare say was needed but is not the promised land.

Arbroath were sadly well worth the win today. Don't know if Bitindou and Adarkwa are new lone signings but ruled the roost today.

There is a need to reset and get back to winning games but not with that eleven, ps Grimshaw was very good in midfield in the first half before McKenna upped his game second period. 

Apart from Cove looks like Arbroath and Hamilton are coming for us, glad we banked a few points before Christmas. 

Adarkwa is our player right now he was released by QPR I hope we make him some kind of offer for next season but would be surprised if we could keep him. Some touch on him, strong, quick, big and always trying to get a shot off. He’s been superb 

The last performance as bad as that was against Arbroath at home with the same result.  Utterly devoid of ideas or composure. No one comfortable on the ball. Dougie now has a real challenge comparable in a  number of ways with the one that faced him when he arrived.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Adarkwa is our player right now he was released by QPR I hope we make him some kind of offer for next season but would be surprised if we could keep him. Some touch on him, strong, quick, big and always trying to get a shot off. He’s been superb 

Who was the big guy in Central midfield? He absolutely dominated us. Looks a real find just like Oakley the first half of the season. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Can I also add that I hope the fully grown adult shouting in bairns faces that we are “going fucking down” as we left the ground has a wonderfully shite night. Mutant 

It'll be one of the four or five on here probably, a vile crowd.,

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is he only signed till the summer?  We need to offer him an improved longer term contract immediately.  No fannying around.

10 hours ago, port-ton said:

Who was the big guy in Central midfield? He absolutely dominated us. Looks a real find just like Oakley the first half of the season. 

Scott Bitsindou, on loan from Livi. It's funny, I didn't think he was up to much at all yesterday. 

Bitsindou like a lost puppy for me too yesterday but I love the big man’s attitude and desire. Looked like he’d won the World Cup at full time yesterday. He’s so hit and miss for me week to week I thought he was great last week but he’s been praised by a lot of Morton fans so we are maybe just not seeing the job he’s doing 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Can I also add that I hope the fully grown adult shouting in bairns faces that we are “going fucking down” as we left the ground has a wonderfully shite night. Mutant 

That's vile patter. Hope you told the guy to f**k right off.

I can’t help thinking Dougie’s a very good coach but loses the plot a bit when put in charge of recruitment. He seems to believe he’ll get a tune out of players who’ve fallen away from previous prominence or potential for various reasons. Top managers have done that in the past with the likes of Ballotelli, but normally it’s just one player they try that experiment with. Dougie seems to be trying it with every signing he makes. He’s even started trying it with players like Roy, who never had potential in the first place to “recapture”. I’m afraid he’s taken the club’s funds and invested them in a bit of an ego trip which has had the opposite effect than intended, flooding the squad with new signings of equal or worse ability than those who got us challenging at the top so recently. If only he could’ve used those funds to upgrade our midfield with one player of higher quality than what we have, that would’ve put us in a better position rather than a worse one.

I thought Scott Bitsindou put in a big effort yesterday especially in the second half. He’s not always the most organised or disciplined but definitely brings good energy and physicality to the midfield. He was absolutely delighted at the end of the game, prominent in celebrating with the fans.

11 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I can’t help thinking Dougie’s a very good coach but loses the plot a bit when put in charge of recruitment. He seems to believe he’ll get a tune out of players who’ve fallen away from previous prominence or potential for various reasons. Top managers have done that in the past with the likes of Ballotelli, but normally it’s just one player they try that experiment with. Dougie seems to be trying it with every signing he makes. He’s even started trying it with players like Roy, who never had potential in the first place to “recapture”. I’m afraid he’s taken the club’s funds and invested them in a bit of an ego trip which has had the opposite effect than intended, flooding the squad with new signings of equal or worse ability than those who got us challenging at the top so recently. If only he could’ve used those funds to upgrade our midfield with one player of higher quality than what we have, that would’ve put us in a better position rather than a worse one.

What the f*ck are you talking about?

Since he came in; Brandon, Wilson, Schwake, O’Connor, Grimshaw, Baird, Gillespie, Crawford and Quitongo can all be described as successes, with Ambrose’s form only suffering in recent weeks.

Roy, Miller and Oakley are just in the door, and the jury’s well and truly out on Pignatiello but beyond that, the only failure has been Kabia.

Another appalling take, hot on the heels of your conspiracy theories about the Celtic game on the Morton forum last night.

Edited by Toby

Morton also cannot currently sign ready made players. Guys who have lost theie way a bit is the market we have to operate in. There will inevitably be misses, but as pointed out above, Imrie’s succsess rate is pretty, pretty good for someone in their first managerial gig.