Dundee v Queen’s Park

12 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Dundee deserved winners but standard of football from both teams poor for this level.

You’ve got to be kidding. We were fucking magnificent against a pretty decent team. We’d have easily gubbed half the prem today ffs. 
McGhee my mom, thought he was great in midfield today. 

Again what’s quite evident when playing Dundee is how subs impact games. Today none of our attack clicked whatsoever yet we had nobody on the bench that could change the game. Longridge is past it, Healy has just came in from arthurlie and Williamson is still finding his way since coming from cambuslang. You could only turn to Henderson to potentially help and he only joined this week. 

In every league encounter this season, at least one of Dundee’s substitutes have scored a goal against us. That tells its own story on how crucial squad depth is if you want to win this league. I’d obviously adore to win the league but we’d get absolutely hounded with this squad in the premiership. 

Edited by qpfc

Seems like Queens Park players took the message of 'playing with no pressure' on board a little too much. Nothing offered and we were comfortable all game. 

I agree with previous posts that Williamson and Jakubiak coming on changed the game for us. Williamson was excellent and had real desire. I thought Maguire showed real quality in midfield all game - something we have been bereft of at times. 

First time I've seen Thomas and was very impressed - doesn't stop and constantly hassles defenders bringing others in to the game. It seems to have put a rocket up Sheridans proverbial as well because he came on with real intent late on. 

Great result overall with a couple hard away games coming up. 

Just now, Den Spark said:

That's not what Coyle will say. Queens dominate every game even when they get pumped.

He was over at the referee at full time feeling hard done by about something...can't wait to hear what deluded excuse he has for getting pumped rotten again.

Better team won. Good run was always going to come to an end, but still in a much better position than anyone could have anticipated at this point.

Looked a bit leggy and were punished by a sharper side. Got to get back on the saddle and get on with it. The need for a couple of more bodies to bolster the squad is evident. There’s not a lot of real quality beyond the starting XI. 

Thought we were excellent today from start to finish.. Terrible penalty but after that we could have easily scored 5. Fisher was very good at the back.. McGuire had a good debut and the new left back looked like he could be a really good signing.. big shout out for me though goes to Thomas upfront.. thought he was excellent and won everything in the air and didn't give there centre halves a seconds piece. Play like that more often and we will win this League 💙

That was easy in the end. Manager has to get huge credit for the subbies, who changed the game.

Surprised at McMullen getting MOTM, although I guess it was easy to forgive and forget the penalty in the end. 

It seems to be a recurring theme that teams come to us and play pish, but their fans still applaud them off at full time. Given where they are in the league, I’d have been raging at a performance like that if I were a Queen’s Park fan. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

That was easy in the end. Manager has to get huge credit for the subbies, who changed the game.

Surprised at McMullen getting MOTM, although I guess it was easy to forgive and forget the penalty in the end. 

It seems to be a recurring theme that teams come to us and play pish, but their fans still applaud them off at full time. Given where they are in the league, I’d have been raging at a performance like that if I were a Queen’s Park fan. 

Can’t stay I’m raging. Incredibly underwhelmed by the performance but we’re top of the league and picked up numerous results where I didn’t think we’d get anything from. You’ll naturally get the Gretna narrative but it’s been an incredible season so far from a squad nobody predicted to be up at the very top. Dundee are clearly very good when it clicks and there’s no shame losing to them away from home. The manner was very disappointing admittedly, we just didn’t lay a glove on youse. Think Dundee will have enough to win the league but it’s been proven in the last month that anyone can pick up a daft and unexpected result so you never know 

Don’t think Legzdins had to make a single save all game? The fitness levels looked to be the decider today also. QP number 12 was breathing out his arse after 70mins along with the other defenders. Looked like he was wading through treacle as McMullan burned past him to the ball. All the players were excellent today. Don’t think Thomas lost a header all game, just a shame we didn’t have someone to latch on to the ball. Clampin looks like he’s going to be a good signing too. Hope Jakubiak can kick on now!

44 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Again what’s quite evident when playing Dundee is how subs impact games. Today none of our attack clicked whatsoever yet we had nobody on the bench that could change the game. Longridge is past it, Healy has just came in from arthurlie and Williamson is still finding his way since coming from cambuslang. You could only turn to Henderson to potentially help and he only joined this week. 

In every league encounter this season, at least one of Dundee’s substitutes have scored a goal against us. That tells its own story on how crucial squad depth is if you want to win this league. I’d obviously adore to win the league but we’d get absolutely hounded with this squad in the premiership. 

"Squad depth is crucial" We had six on the bench, you had nine.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Baker said:

"Squad depth is crucial" We had six on the bench, you had nine.

Quantity and quality are two completely different things. Williamson, jakubiak, Sheridan have all made positive impacts on the occasions we’ve played each other and would walk into our squad. Whilst the latter two aren’t particularly amazing, they’re very much competent enough at this level to still contribute. When our first eleven aren’t performing, we’ve generally not had the personnel to counter that issue, especially against the teams around us unfortunately

Edited by qpfc