Dundee v Queen’s Park

2 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

A bad day at the office or maybe the Dee were just too good.  

Very much both. QP looked jittery from the start. First half we competed ok, without creating anything at all. Second half the subs changed the game, not for the first time. Thereafter they were pacy and direct and harried us very effectively. I can't see Dundee not winning the title, but bizarrely we are top of the league still. We can play better than this, and Dundee will need consistency.

4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I would like to see us sign a RB and CD before the deadline.

This.

5 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Try punch a puss as they flee...

4 hours ago, Big Gus said:

Standard of your post are not what they should be at this level...

Thought QP played some tidy stuff, particularly in the first half, however it invariably fell apart once the ball got to Murray.   I can see how they’re up at the top end of the table though.  

The 3 quick goals led to some genuine joy for the Dundee faithful and smiles all round at the final whistle.  You love to see it 🤩

Just saw the goals back, I'd missed the 1st goal but a good run from Jakubiak. No idea why he shoots but it worked out, great shot from Williamson considering how little time he had to react.

At the time I agreed with Coyle's thought that Fisher had fouled Robson in the build-up to the 2nd goal, but it's an absolutely spectacular sliding pass to Maguire, who wins his tackle really well. What a goal that is looking back, Fisher ought to be proud of that and Jakubiak deserved that goal. Just wish he carried that flag a bit longer, great celebration!

And yes, Clampin's run is still fantastic (though like with French's run vs. Arbroath, it's one of those rare times when watching it from the Coxy makes for an improvement). He manages to make Savoury look like an amateur, and I rate Savoury very highly.

Wow. Looks better watching without the tension. We were so on top and failed to take so many chances you felt the sucker punch was always coming. 
Surprised nobody else has mentioned how good Jordan McGhee was yesterday, my MOTM. 

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just saw the goals back, I'd missed the 1st goal but a good run from Jakubiak. No idea why he shoots but it worked out, great shot from Williamson considering how little time he had to react.

At the time I agreed with Coyle's thought that Fisher had fouled Robson in the build-up to the 2nd goal, but it's an absolutely spectacular sliding pass to Maguire, who wins his tackle really well. What a goal that is looking back, Fisher ought to be proud of that and Jakubiak deserved that goal. Just wish he carried that flag a bit longer, great celebration!

And yes, Clampin's run is still fantastic (though like with French's run vs. Arbroath, it's one of those rare times when watching it from the Coxy makes for an improvement). He manages to make Savoury look like an amateur, and I rate Savoury very highly.

Looked back at where Coyle claims there should have been a penalty - very very soft claim - we probably had 2 other calls which were better claims.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Been a pretty good natured thread this in the main. Would like to see you lads pump United/St J/Killie in the playoffs. Good luck and au revoir. 

We’ve one fixture left at the end of the season. À bientôt.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Looked back at where Coyle claims there should have been a penalty - very very soft claim - we probably had 2 other calls which were better claims.

I thought it was a decent tackle too, maybe a little heavy. To be fair to Coyle, he quickly balanced it with the ball being lost at the half way line. We had plenty of time and space after that to stop the attack. But didn’t.

Maybe not their favourite highlights video to edit, but credit to @behindthelens for the quality of the video. I've seen some clubs try to hide negative highlights, so I'm always pleased when the effort is clearly still put in regardless of result.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

That Thomas was brilliant in hold up play , how many times was Sweeney in the opposition box outwith set pieces?, looks like he wasn’t bothered by Murray whatsoever, lastly that run from the new LB 🍆

That Dundee stream was horrific btw - like watching a re-run of the 1979 Dryburgh Cup Final or original footage from Scott of the Antarctic’s 1912 expedition. 
no replays, no clock and the camera only panned over 60% of the pitch. 
I know it’s only Fife, but Mon tae.