Dundee v Queen’s Park

I left before full time, because if I can't applaud the players off the park I'm not just going to stand there like a spare p***k.

Baffled to hear Coyle had some kind of issue with the ref at full time. Can have no complaints other than us getting absolutely pumped today. 

He doesn't take losing particularly well, which I'm all for, but sometimes it is what it is. Today is one of those days.

Pretty much a rerun of the first Dens match. Bullied and disrupted all over the pitch with no real threat from Dundee’s long central pass. Dundee forced us out wide and worked very hard to close down our ball players. Second half was another crumple after the first goal. When your centre back is the only one prepared to make an attack down the middle of the park you know you’re in trouble.

Not a shock or disappointment. We’ve reached top by some good effort but also a lack of sustained pressure from other teams. Today is another example of how mentally weak we are when challenged physically and when we go goals down. 

Honestly thought Dundee were nothing more than industrious in the first half. Credit due for disrupting our game and for being ruthless when we started to collapse.

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

" and for being ruthless when we started to collapse."

The statistics say that we had 13 attempts at goal with 7 on target (compared with your 4-0). So not really ruthless at all. Your tears are salty and delightful

I thought the Dee had a good balance to the side today even with the swathe of changes made by Bowyer in the second half. Equally I liked that we looked like we wanted to win.  
it was a much changed side and yet it looked settled.

Legzdins didn’t earn his keep today as the QP lads didn’t get near to testing him. Sweeney had plumber Murray on tap all day, the latter didn’t get any drip feed at all. Fisher and Kerr put in good performances keeping the crosses down and when Clampin came on as a left back, my goodness, a fast overlap and a goal! 
The midfield looked good, a combination of flair and brawn for most of the game and a fine debut for  McGuire, Williamson was lively on his arriving on the pitch. 
Funnily enough I thought McMullan was having a howler until the subs came on and he suddenly transformed into the threat he can be with a great assist for a fine team goal for Jakubiak. 

A big shout out for Thomas at no9. He gave no peace to the QP defence and his replacement did the same. There will be s big cheer when Sheridan eventually scores. 
I was surprised at how ineffective QP were as they’ve been getting the results. A bad day at the office or maybe the Dee were just too good.  

Anyway I enjoyed the win, the performance and the players playing for their boss. Cheers lads  👍

ps Owen Coyle is an unmitigated grumpy deluded muppet. 

10 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

McMullan had a bit of an off game today but my word there isn't many things more beautiful to watch as a Dundee fan than when he gets the ball and runs full pelt at a defender. 

The funny thing with McMullan is he can easily have a howler of a performance because he always tries passes that others would probably hide from trying, but eventually one of them pays off and we have a goal. The good kind of frustrating player, where you know something at some point will click and he'll do something big.

That being said, him getting chosen as Man of the Match was a bit of a pisstake. If I couldn't choose Jakubiak, I'd have said Sweeney or Ashcroft, as both of them utterly strolled it today against the "mighty" Simon Murray & co.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The funny thing with McMullan is he can easily have a howler of a performance because he always tries passes that others would probably hide from trying, but eventually one of them pays off and we have a goal. The good kind of frustrating player, where you know something at some point will click and he'll do something big.

That being said, him getting chosen as Man of the Match was a bit of a pisstake. If I couldn't choose Jakubiak, I'd have said Sweeney or Ashcroft, as both of them utterly strolled it today against the "mighty" Simon Murray.

Today was one of those days where the team performance was that good there was hardly a stand out if that makes sense. Obviously Jakubiak and Williamson coming on made the clinical difference for us I'd say but the two centre backs were solid and I thought Maguire and Fisher were brilliant too. Great overall performance.