scores 21.1.23

The initial anger has came from the largs bench,  we scored a third goal to clinch the three points and go top of the league and had zero reason to be angry , I think we could have been far cuter regarding our reaction to the largs bench and maybe laughed them off but it all kicked off verbally,  can't only blame strain for that as both managers were giving it loads of verbals. 

2 hours ago, Between the Dugouts said:

Let’s be clear the game would have finished soon after the restart and it’s not the referees fault Strain lost the plot. 

I had read on Twitter that the ref had intended playing a further 3 minutes injury time. I'm led to believe if it's on Twitter you can take it to the bank that it's true as they remove ALL disinformation.

2 hours ago, Between the Dugouts said:

Largs v Beith from where I stand.

The game is into time added on and Largs are pushing for an equaliser.  Beith number 9 breaks clear and scores to make it 3-1 to Beith. He then runs over to Largs bench and there are word exchanged. The teams then form up for the restart and the referee calls the Beith number 9 over and books him.

The game is ready to go again when the Beith manager Strain starts shouting and wanting to fight, not sure who with. He is being restained by the Beith coaching staff and the referee runs over and gives him a red card.

As he is lead away by the Beith coaching staff he starts shouting at the Largs manager Davidson and it gets out of control from there with the referee and his two assistants standing in the centre circle.

Things start to calm down the referee blows his whistle and as everybody makes their way off the field, at that point he red cards the Largs manager.

My first thoughts were that the referee had blown for full-time but as we leave the ground it is confirmed that he has abandoned the game.

Let’s be clear the game would have finished soon after the restart and it’s not the referees fault Strain lost the plot. 

Have you ever considered becoming an author? Because that us one great piece of fiction you have written there.   The Largs manager was sent off first, the Beith players did not say anything to the Largs bench, yes they ran through the dugout area but no words were exchanged.  Was the Largs bench that started the shouting and threw the toys out the pram as they were getting beat.  As the Beith manager was making his way off the park members if the largs dugout decide to confront him, that’s when all hell broke loose. 

Largs are not innocent in this incident and in fact their actions escalated the situation. 

10 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I had read on Twitter that the ref had intended playing a further 3 minutes injury time. I'm led to believe if it's on Twitter you can take it to the bank that it's true as they remove ALL disinformation.

Not true he was intending to play 3 minutes of injury time this was relayed to the players as we entered injury time or thereabouts we had already played most of that when the game was abandoned 

2 hours ago, the nearly man said:

That’s not very accurate both managers were red carded at the same time Davidson then Strain plenty of verbals but to blame one person for the incident is wrong and not an accurate account .

The Beith player could have avoided running through the Largs touchline area but instead barged past the manager and assistant. The later was a mouthpiece the entire game whilst striding about with his clipboard. Arnie seemed relatively calm and placid during a firey game and tbf Strain also discouraged his staff from getting involved prior to the main incident.

The ref red carded BOTH managers at the same time and what ensued was a combination of the good old hold me back routine, hand bags and a few slaps exchanged. The big skinny Largs forward was gunning for Fowler during it but maybe wanting his boots going by his level of finishing infront of goal compared to the Beith lad!!

All in all no bad for £8 and also witnessed by a fellow Premier league clubs management team!

Edited by AM-1

14 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

The Beith player could have avoided running through the Largs touchline area but instead barged past the manager and assistant. The later was a mouthpiece the entire game whilst striding about with his clipboard. Arnie seemed relatively calm and placid during a firey game and tbf Strain also discouraged his staff from getting involved prior to the main incident.

The ref red carded BOTH managers at the same time and what ensued was a combination of the good old hold me back routine, hand bags and a few slaps exchanged. The big skinny Largs forward was gunning for Fowler during it but maybe wanting his boots going by his level of finishing infront of goal compared to the Beith lad!!

All in all no bad for £8 and also witnessed by a fellow Premier league clubs management team!

There's loads to be said for both dugouts being at opposite sides of the park....... if only  .......

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Johnny Sox said:

So Beith keep the points, prob correct shout.

But when do you decide ach the games nearly finished? 1 min? 3 mins?

Only takes about 10sec for a goal 

There were 15 seconds left in injury time when the ref screwed it up,  I would ask at what point would you ask two teams to replay a game when the result is a foregone conclusion? you risk antagonising the situation where there is already bad feeling by getting them to play the 90 mins again.  By all means punish the clubs for behaviour but in this case common sense has prevailed. 

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

There were 15 seconds left in injury time when the ref screwed it up,  I would ask at what point would you ask two teams to replay a game when the result is a foregone conclusion? you risk antagonising the situation where there is already bad feeling by getting them to play the 90 mins again.  By all means punish the clubs for behaviour but in this case common sense has prevailed. 

Fair enough.