Past goals that would have ruled out (or in!) if VAR was in place

22 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

...and involved the ball hitting a chest, not an arm.

Same happened to us v Motherwell earlier this season, with Montano chesting the ball out for a corner, and Nick Walsh gave them a penalty.

Clancy sent Montano off against Aberdeen when Anderson pushed the Aberdeen player away and he fell into Montano. 

Clancy again ignored a blatant penalty by a St Johnstone player diving and punching the ball out of their box. I've no confidence in VAR changing any of those Clancy decisions right enough, he's just as incompetent with VAR showing him what happened.

*edit, oops fucked up there not reading the title of the thread before jumping in with pre VAR fuckups, then seeing it was only about goals.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

7 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

In the spirit of Celtic and their oppression by the refs, here's a couple more.

Or Gary Hooper's offside equaliser in the 2012 cup semi. Fortunately justice was done and Hearts went on to win.

Lol there was a near carbon copy handball  that one wasnt given minutes before the Hearts one. I find it funny that you have to scrape the barrel with a tight offside decision and also casually ignore getting away with a penalty claim. 

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Lol there was a near carbon copy handball  that one wasnt given minutes before the Hearts one. I find it funny that you have to scrape the barrel with a tight offside decision and also casually ignore getting away with a penalty claim. 

The 1st clip guidetti just fell, was never a dive, or a foul. Diddies are funny as f**k. 

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The 1st clip guidetti just fell, was never a dive, or a foul. Diddies are funny as f**k. 

Hearts especially often get caught out for lying through their teeth. Budge and Neilson have been caught out in the past for it, a strange bunch.

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The two penalty decisions are completely different, thank you. The Celtic player handles the ball, then handles it AGAIN. It's a stick-on.

Celtic's 'appeal' is just mad. Never a penalty unless you're a paranoid wreck of a Celtic fan.

'Scraping the barrel' for a late equaliser in a cup semi. 😀

Of course, I could have included Sutton's dive at Parkhead, Maloney's dive in 2006 to change the momentum of the title race, Elliott's non-goal at Tynecastle. Could go on. We all could.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

The two penalty decisions are completely different, thank you. The Celtic player handles the ball, then handles it AGAIN. It's a stick-on.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hearts especially often get caught out for lying through their teeth. 

https://twitter.com/Kieran_Celtic/status/591336832727670785?t=4uoDzujXI8iRvEKfc7jg2Q&s=19

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of the Celtic "carbon copy" didn't even hit an arm. Was quite funny hearing Davie Provan crying about it as the replays showed him talking complete shite.

What a tit Lennon made of himself that day. Glorious.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I always laugh when Celtic fans try to go on about conspiracies against them, so here’s a couple for them:

Or this one where John Beaton refuses Saints’ Dave Mackay a stonewall penalty before awarding one against him minutes later for a Celtic dive, sending Mackay off for it. From 4:40 on.

Not a great angle here, but Jota tries to catch the ball with his hand in the build up to the Celtic goal in last season’s cup final, in a match where referee Nick Walsh was taking part in a sponsored book-as-many-Saints-players-as-you-can-athon. At 3:32

There’s the famous John O’Neil sending off one from years back, and a more recent one at McDiarmid where Danny Swanson is playing and we’re denied a certain penalty, I think Scott Brown was involved, but I can’t remember the year or score.  They all just merge into one.

It certainly does make you wonder how many league titles and cups St Johnstone would have won if it wasn’t for all the pro-old firm refereeing over the years…

Aye. We were 1 up. Swanson is denied a stonewall penalty. The ball goes up the other end. Hits Spoony on the hip and Celtic get the pen. 

Would have been the difference going in at half time 2 up.

8 minutes ago, DC92 said:

If it's the one I'm thinking of the Celtic "carbon copy" didn't even hit an arm. Was quite funny hearing Davie Provan crying about it as the replays showed him talking complete shite.

What a tit Lennon made of himself that day. Glorious.

Lennon has form for making a c**t of himself at Hampden to be fair, was same in league cup final against Killie where we didn't get a penalty but the reality was he picked the wrong team and we didn't really turn up.

6 minutes ago, DC92 said:

This cuts immediately before Wanyama also handles the ball. Very funny.

The wanyama 'handball' isn't even a handball in today's rules. The penalty was for Lesley's handball which was very similar to ours.  Personally I don't think there was any real bias just right calls which is why I find it strange for someone to post it on this thread as there was hardly any real injustice to Hearts from the game, had a tight offside against them and had the benefit of two hand ball claims. 

This is all from the same game!

When we beat Celtic 2-1 in the Scottish Cup in 2006, numerous decisions would've been overturned today. 

First of all we went 1-0 up with a perfectly good bit of upper body strength from Tom Brighton to get away from Du Wei. Disallowed for a "foul". Then we scored a second through Alex Williams after some pinball in the box. Disallowed for offside when he wasn't. 

When our 3rd goal of the day through Craig Bryson finally counted, it shouldn't have as Williams was offside from the cross he challenged Boruc for (they both missed it and left Bryson an open goal).

This part wasn't a goal as such but we then get a correctly awarded penalty for a Du Wei professional foul, who somehow escapes any sort of punishment. Was a clear red but didn't even see yellow. 

We got a goal disallowed in the 2nd half too but my memory of that incident is fazy compared to the others so can't remember if it was correctly or incorrectly ruled out. 

It's fair to say Kenny Clark and his mates had an absolute mare that day. Thank f**k we still won :lol: 

53 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Very selective there as it then hits Wanyamas hand, good to see you're still not bothered by it though.

GettyImages-142933131.jpg

ETA from a good Sellick man aswell, what a day.

Edited by Empty It

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Very selective there as it then hits Wanyamas hand, good to see you're still not bothered by it though.

GettyImages-142933131.jpg

ETA from a good Sellick man aswell, what a day.

It wasn't wanyama that the handball was given for, match reports all say it was Ledley which was way more of a handball than wanyama imo. Beattie is also a *** btw. And no all were tight decisions which I struggle to get bothered about tbh which is why I found it strange for a Hearts fan to be posting this but then I remember they like a fib.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Lennon has form for making a c**t of himself at Hampden to be fair, was same in league cup final against Killie where we didn't get a penalty but the reality was he picked the wrong team and we didn't really turn up.

The wanyama 'handball' isn't even a handball in today's rules. The penalty was for Lesley's handball which was very similar to ours.  Personally I don't think there was any real bias just right calls which is why I find it strange for someone to post it on this thread as there was hardly any real injustice to Hearts from the game, had a tight offside against them and had the benefit of two hand ball claims. 

I'm not claiming there was any bias. I'm just pointing out that (despite the deranged narrative) Celtic benefit from bad calls at big moments (like the last minute of cup semi finals) sometimes like any other club.

Back in your box, please.

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not claiming there was any bias. I'm just pointing out that (despite the deranged narrative) Celtic benefit from bad calls at big moments (like the last minute of cup semi finals) sometimes like any other club.

Back in your box, please.

Ok but I don't think posting a game where they got more contentious decisions against them than for is the right way to be going about it tbh.