Past goals that would have ruled out (or in!) if VAR was in place

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

Although with the way these clowns have been using VAR this season, i'm not confident the goal would have been given.

And then there's the Oli Shaw one at Tynecastle...

That Griffiths one was the first one I thought of, was in the away end and we could see it was over the line from the other side of the stadium.

52 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Barry Ferguson's equaliser against Italy in that infamous 2-1 qualifying defeat. Miles offside.

Earlier on in the same game, Italy would have had a goal allowed to stand, and gone 2 up.

People make a lot of the bad decision that went against Hutton at the very end, totally ignoring the two bad errors we'd already benefited from.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

It was outside the box, though.

We can prove this by using science and the measurement of speed called 'The Fulton'. 

Travelling at a full Fulton for 36 seconds would only get you from the halfway line to around the D. 

Therefore it was outside the box, not that I bothered much at the time 🥳

Can’t remember the exact year but Ally McCoist’s penalty against Aberdeen in a late 1989’s League cup final.

Penalty awarded because sally sat down on Willie Miller’s knee!

Actually, who am I kidding, CAR would still have given them a penalty.

Josh Meekings saving a header from Leigh Griffiths in the 2015 Scottish Cup semi final will be the first thought for every Caley fan. VAR would’ve had him sent off and Celtic given a penalty, which if scored would’ve sent us 2-0 down and basically put the tie to bed. 
1174B08D-54AD-47CF-B92B-FE8ABE5FCF7B.thumb.webp.5877a91423f5018918d06a95edd30bd3.webp

Happily the official behind the goal missed and the Celtic meltdown ensued. 

“aw they caley thistle fans pulling Celtic players doon in the boax” 😂

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Again not Scottish football but this one ruffled a few feathers here in Ireland with Thierry Henry stopping Ireland getting to the world cup. 

doubt he would have done it if VAR was around. 

was offside before it anyway.

Thankfully not around then. The whining from the South Irish was tremendous. Fifa bought John Delaney off with €5 million so I have no sympathy at all.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Can’t remember the exact year but Ally McCoist’s penalty against Aberdeen in a late 1989’s League cup final.

Penalty awarded because sally sat down on Willie Miller’s knee!

Actually, who am I kidding, CAR would still have given them a penalty.

1989-90 season, the ref was under instructions to award them a penalty and make sure it’s a Mason who scores the winning goal! 😉

Craigan knocks the ball in towards the back post, Ross Forbes comes from deep, follows it in and taps it over the line.  But it is against Rangers to go 2-0 up, and Motherwell don’t do that.  Goal given as offside, Craigan is raging at Forbes as his header was going in, Rangers score a late equaliser.

It wasn’t offside.

Edouards blatant dive for the penalty in the 2019 Scottish Cup final although we're kidding ourselves saying our VAR would overturn a decision for the OF in a game like that.

ETA just remembered Gary Hoopers offside goal for Celtic in the semi final in 2012 aswell, seems to be a reoccurring theme here.

For the refs being against them they don't half get some amount of honest mistakes fall their way.

Edited by Empty It

17 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Although with the way these clowns have been using VAR this season, i'm not confident the goal would have been given.

And then there's the Oli Shaw one at Tynecastle...

The oli shaw one was offside.

The Leigh Griffiths one was just plain hilarious