Past goals that would have ruled out (or in!) if VAR was in place

For your club there would surely have been goals, big and small, meaningful and meaningless, that would have been ruled out if VAR was in place.

What are they? You can go back in history as long as you like!

Likewise what goals would have been ruled in for your club?

Also, goals rules out/in against your team.

I recall Jim Hamilton pretty much carrying the ball over the line in an equaliser at Tynecastle in 2006/07. Had there been VAR it would have instantly been dismissed the second it was reviewed.

Edited by DA Baracus

Would like to see what VAR would have made of Artur Boric charging out of his goal at Love Street, halving Craig Dargo in two, and not seeing red. Ach, I know what they’d have made of it. ‘Free kick Celtic and yellow card for Dargo’. Who the fcuk am I kidding.

• DA Baracus changed the title to Past goals that would have ruled out (or in!) if VAR was in place
1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Thought multiple Arabs would have been on by now wondering if VAR would have had a look at their disallowed goal in the 1987 Scottish Cup Final. That’s a scab I never really tire of picking again from time to time. 😜

Redford was offside when the ball was played out to him on the left wing.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

I know. At the time though, on that terracing at the opposite end of Hampden, my heart stopped. 😎

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Thought multiple Arabs would have been on by now wondering if VAR would have had a look at their disallowed goal in the 1987 Scottish Cup Final. That’s a scab I never really tire of picking again from time to time. 😜

We win the Scottish Cup all the time so not a big deal.

Not so much VAR but we would have won the cup in 91 with the current  offside rules.

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We win the Scottish Cup all the time so not a big deal.

Not so much VAR but we would have won the cup in 91 with the current  offside rules.

A League Cup in the early 80s too, when a Sturrock screamer was ruled out because of someone loitering in a harmlessly offside position well out of the way.

No prizes for guessing the side getting helped to win the trophy.

24 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Ah. There may have been a dive involved in that but I'm gonna be quiet on that.

In any case, that would have been cancelled out with the addition of the obligatory *HEARTS VAR HANDBALL PENALTY*

It definitely wasn't a dive and the red card was correct. It was outside the box, though.