Signs you are getting old…

TxRover

3 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Technology. I find I struggle with some technology now that 10 years ago I'd have thought was a scoosh. 

Also realising you've gone from being one of the youngest in your workplace to one of the oldest and you can't be bothered with the younger peoples chat but realising you were the same wee d*ck at the same age.

When you sit down to train someone, and while chatting you realize they were born AFTER you started in the job!

27 minutes ago, TxRover said:

When you sit down to train someone, and while chatting you realize they were born AFTER you started in the job!

Over the years with apprentice's; 

You get your first apprentice in your early 20's- "Who is your older sibling, I might know them?"

2nd Apprentice in your late 20's- "Who is your older sibling, I might know them?"

3rd Apprentice in your mid 30's- "Who is your Parent, I might know them?"

4th Apprentice in your early 40's- "Who is your Parent, I might know them? Ah I know his older brother, what? He's a grandad now? Fuckin hell I must be getting old!"

I am sure by apprentice 7, I will know his dead grandfather.

As a young nipper at 48 and 6 months. I'm doing not bad, so far.

However when I'm ill (which is not very often) I automatically think this is it.🙁

Listening to a podcast the other week, and the guy was talking about old age....

He was saying the brain stops growing around 22 yo and that is when you will always think your health state is at, however, your body will tell you different.

That's me to a T.

I have a good healthy diet, no junk food, but I like a few beers.  Have 2 kids at 10 & 4, that keep me on my toes.

There is no chairs in my house,  sit on the floor. My mattress is about 10cm thick and on the floor. Very Thai style.  Which I believe has kept me very supple.

I don't lift! I do punch like Sonny Liston.

4 minutes ago, btb said:

For me it was the day I looked in the mirror and it was my dad looking back at me.

1 minute ago, btb said:

For me it was the day I looked in the mirror and it was my dad looking back at me.

Aye, repeating yourself is a sign.😏

When, during an office chat about music, you mention that Leftfield's "Leftism" album is one of your favourites of all time, one of your colleagues asks when that was out because she's never heard of it. You reply with 1995, following which she helpfully informs you that since it was released, she has:

• Been born
  • Got married
  • Had two kids
  • Bought a house
  • Been in her current job for over ten years

Other horrific reminders of being an old b*****d include:

• Footballers you remember making their debuts retiring and becoming managers
  • Footballers you remember making their debuts, becoming managers and then retiring from management
  • Discovering that Gianluca Vialli was 58
  • Not entirely trusting a fart

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I haven't got a pill case - maybe I should have - but when a small pill practically launches itself out of its protective strip when you exert slightly too much pressure and you have to scrambe around on your hands and knees - something that is only done in dire emergencies - in order to retreive it.

My wife bought me one of those daft plastic multi-coloured things with numbers. More hassle putting the pills in them than setting a reminder on your phone and taking your pills. Fucking stupid thing. It is now landfill. You’re welcome young people.

Feeling tired by about 9pm is a thing for me.

Also more people you know dying. I’ve not noticed many divorces though.

I’m in my early 50s.

8 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

When you have to Google young whippersnapper posting stuff like MHYG

I'm refusing to do that on a point of principle.

18 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

My wife bought me one of those daft plastic multi-coloured things with numbers. More hassle putting the pills in them than setting a reminder on your phone and taking your pills. Fucking stupid thing. It is now landfill. You’re welcome young people.

Feeling tired by about 9pm is a thing for me.

Also more people you know dying. I’ve not noticed many divorces though.

I’m in my early 50s.

My wife has one of those. Fortunately for her/us the chemist supplies it pre-filled every week.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Opting for films* and music you've seen / heard a million times rather than take a punt on any of "this new sh*te".

*also, calling them 'films' rather than movies.

And then not even remembering what it was about despite having seen it not that long ago!

39 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

When, during an office chat about music, you mention that Leftfield's "Leftism" album is one of your favourites of all time, one of your colleagues asks when that was out because she's never heard of it. You reply with 1995, following which she helpfully informs you that since it was released, she has:

• Been born
  • Got married
  • Had two kids
  • Bought a house
  • Been in her current job for over ten years

Other horrific reminders of being an old b*****d include:

• Footballers you remember making their debuts retiring and becoming managers
  • Footballers you remember making their debuts, becoming managers and then retiring from management
  • Discovering that Gianluca Vialli was 58
  • Not entirely trusting a fart

Feel your pain 'jupe' all my fucking life.....dance MUSIC as you know it,  however as I know it... put this on your work line and sit back....

12 hours ago, Raidernation said:

You automatically make odd noises/grunt when you sit down or stand up

I only do this when I tie my laces, sitting down or 'working' on the floor riggling about. It was pointed out to me a while back and now I notice it every time.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

The amount of hair you sweep up every week gets less each time, after shaving your coupon.

My mate showed up yesterday with a rats tail. He missed a massive clump on his own head shaving.

Fucking lol.

You can remember a time when over 10 seasons 5 different teams won the Scottish League Division One Title and 6 different teams won, were runners-up or reached the semi final of the then 3 European major club competitions.