Signs you are getting old…

TxRover

9 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

See if we can get you out of the queue SD.

207255970_Capture1.PNG.0f12905cb85838670526a2f4bb588a79.PNG

It's my right hip and I only did it last year so your magnet will not work. Mind you, I've got a plate and 7 screws in my left ankle. That was about 25 years ago........

You're looking for a baldy b*****d but not the guy at the front.

33 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

It's my right hip and I only did it last year so your magnet will not work. Mind you, I've got a plate and 7 screws in my left ankle. That was about 25 years ago........

You're looking for a baldy b*****d but not the guy at the front.

Doesn't look a popular place with the quines.

6 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Are you Dead-Shot Keen? *

Not old at all, if you don't get this reference 

6 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Are you Dead-Shot Keen? *

Not old at all, if you don't get this reference 

I’m just a whippersnapper as I get it from Roy of the Rovers - if anyone gets it from the Tiger, Scorcher or Eagle then we’ve probably found the site’s oldest poster.

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If you come across a photo like this, and just know you were also standing somewhere in that queue to get into the Apollo, wearing flares just like those on display… then that’s a sign. Aye, it’s a sign alright.

68099B44-8BEE-4021-A822-1CBDC4DC9DA9.jpeg

Is that Dave Evans with the paper on the left Edge of the photo?

2 hours ago, greendot said:

Probably cos it had strippers in there on another day (or maybe that's the queue for that night) so not frequented by birds much!

Nah, that was Bugsy's next door.

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Doesn't look a popular place with the quines.

25 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Berlins looks a right sausage party.

It was always quite mixed.

30p a Vodka, 50p a pint, 70p a bottle of Becks. Drinking games, regular free booze, t-shirts, promotional gifts. Always a couple of brawls, then the inside door up to Zuu nightclub, they gave prizes of holidays to ibiza and such like, more brawls.

They just don't make Saturday nights like that anymore.

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I was looking to see if I was in that queue.

I have no doubt our paths would have crossed. I was in there every weekend.

On 20/01/2023 at 20:21, Raidernation said:

You automatically make odd noises/grunt when you sit down or stand up

I must be older, I make the noises a few seconds before doing any of these.

Young-Being able to guess the mystery sports person on Question of Sport before they were revealed.

Old-Not knowing them even after they are revealed and then even after they say their name. 

9 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Ankles, knees and this is my hip.

image.png.6cbe38182ba5f39afb678893b15abb6c.png

That's only going to get more painful as the years go by.

Luckily enough, I've got fewer birthdays ahead of me than behind me. I'm 55 tomorrow so this thread has fair cheered me up.

How long ago was that done?

My hip looks like that, and it's the same above & below the knee and at my ankle with rods connecting it all together. I did that when I was 20 (motorbike accident) and I'm now 43. At the time the doctors told me to expect mobility problems when I got into my 30s but I'm still playing 5's and the injuries generally cause no problems so far.

Tbh it's a bit disappointing that I can't predict the weather like everyone thinks I should with all my internal metal.

15 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

My hip looks like that, and it's the same above & below the knee and at my ankle with rods connecting it all together. I did that when I was 20 (motorbike accident) and I'm now 43. At the time the doctors told me to expect mobility problems when I got into my 30s but I'm still playing 5's and the injuries generally cause no problems so far.

Tbh it's a bit disappointing that I can't predict the weather like everyone thinks I should with all my internal metal.

When you go in the kitchen do all the magnets fly off the fridge?

8 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Just last year. Fell off my bike. In on Wednesday night, operation on the Thursday morning and kicked out on the Friday. Think they wanted the bed because there were delays back then as well. 

16 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If you come across a photo like this, and just know you were also standing somewhere in that queue to get into the Apollo, wearing flares just like those on display… then that’s a sign. Aye, it’s a sign alright.

68099B44-8BEE-4021-A822-1CBDC4DC9DA9.jpeg

14 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Lucky for me, I can do this in colour, still 25 years ago. Berlins in Aberdeen..

EMlEMmCXkAAM_RC.jpeg.jpg.fbba9f87e15c3172df33fdb5328527ba.jpg

image.jpeg.271b53265d1156635cc0f8b7e21504be.jpeg

20 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Hangovers that last for days, I'll be 50 this year and play in a 6 a side league with a group of Dutch lads whose ages range from mid 20s to mid 30s, I'm still pretty fit and can complete with the youngsters on the field, last night we had our team night out, started with a Whisky tasting, then a meal, then lots of beers, I can see this hangover lasting till around Wednesday.

This^^....could go on the pish for the whole weekend and take a day to recover. Now one day out needs three days to feel right,