Signs you are getting old…

TxRover

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

When you recall a game you attended, where Dundee fc won a trophy.

Urgh. 

Not quite that old yet!

Who is the oldest on here?

@Eednud @Jacksgranda @Granny Danger

There are some older than us but I’m a few months older than @Jacksgranda , I think. No idea about @Granny Danger but reckon he’s the least mature out of the 3 of us. 

31 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I am on the younger side of this thread, possibly by a fair distance, but starting to see the sons of players that I watched/remember making appearances left me thinking I am definitely starting to get on a bit. 

I still feel fairly young but;

I was at Tannadice today and Dundee United print the dates of birth of their squad in their programme.

I was depressed to see that Tony Watt was born 6 months after I attended Dundee United v Meadowbank in the Scottish Cup

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

When you recall a game you attended, where Dundee fc won a trophy.

Urgh. 

Not quite that old yet!

Who is the oldest on here?

@Eednud @Jacksgranda @Granny Danger

@Eednud is older than I am. but there are others older - can't remember who they are,though...

11 hours ago, Michael W said:

I am on the younger side of this thread, possibly by a fair distance, but starting to see the sons of players that I watched/remember making appearances left me thinking I am definitely starting to get on a bit. 

For me it's seeing people the same age as me retiring from football, making me realise that it's too late for me to be a professional footballer.  Not that I actually want(ed) to be one, but for the first time there's something I can't do because of age, even if I wanted to. 😕

Edited by Hedgecutter

11 hours ago, Michael W said:

I saw the racing driver Enzo Fittipaldi on the telly and I naturally assumed that he must be the son of Emerson who retired from racing relatively recently.

He is, in fact, his grandson.

On 21/01/2023 at 10:28, Eednud said:

Possibly a local thing but you get offered a seniors discount without asking for one or having to show your seniors card.

Lately the lollipop lady at the local school has started to stop traffic for me.

20 hours ago, Venti said:

Knees are fine, it's the ankles for me.

Snap crackle and pop noises.

I've torn ankle ligaments many a time in both feet.

A full 360 degree ball rotation of my right ankle joint is now constantly crunchy. It doesn't hurt, it just makes a disgusting crunching, clunking noise that reverberates all the way up my leg.

I was doing foot rotations sat at the desk in my office about 18 months back and the woman next to me was like 'Do you hear that clunking noise, what is that?' and when I told her then showed her 'as she didn't believe it was me' she was utterly appalled that my ankle had been so badly damaged that the noise every time i moved my ankle joint was the lasting reminder.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

For me it's seeing people the same age as me retiring from football, making me realise that it's too late for me to be a professional footballer.  Not that I actually want(ed) to be one, but for the first time there's something I can't do because of age, even if I wanted to. 😕

Finally getting round to taking your football boots down to the charity shop probably a good 15/20 years after last using them and realising you’ll never buy another pair again.