Signs you are getting old…

TxRover

Planning your day in town so that you will be heading home before the pubs get too busy.

Used to love a night out in Glasgow or Edinburgh. Tomorrow we will be visiting the Weedge for food and drinks, with the intention of being on the train home by about 8pm. Boring auld fkrs!! (I'll be 50 in a couple of months).

Edited by 'WellDel

Technology. I find I struggle with some technology now that 10 years ago I'd have thought was a scoosh. 

Also realising you've gone from being one of the youngest in your workplace to one of the oldest and you can't be bothered with the younger peoples chat but realising you were the same wee d*ck at the same age.

Edited by FK1Bairn

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Planning your day in town so that you will be heading home before the pubs get too busy.

Used to love a night out in Glasgow or Edinburgh. Tomorrow we will be visiting the Weedge for food and drinks, with the intention of being on the train home by about 8pm. Boring auld fkrs!! (I'll be 50 in a couple of months).

Only way to survive a hangover these days is a lunchtime start/7pm finish.

When you stop to think that the year you were born in is only sixteen years after the end of World War 2, popped out right in the middle of the Cuban Missile crisis, and The Beatles were kids strumming cheap guitars in their bedrooms. If dealt a fair hand health wise though, I never, ever, plan to submit to genuine old fartdom. Hopefully, when I go, I’ll be carried out the Barrowlands after a rousing Wolf Alice gig.

2 minutes ago, Eednud said:

When nose hair and ear hair grows faster and thicker than other body hair.

See also fingernails, seems like I am cutting the b*****ds every week now to keep them at the same length that previously only needed a cut every now and then.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

50 is no age and if being tucked up in your bed with a cup of Horlicks is the height of your ambition then fair play

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

50 is no age and if being tucked up in your bed with a cup of Horlicks is the height of your ambition then fair play

Aye, I realise that 50 isn't particularly old (although when my parents were that age I thought they were fucking ancient). Just can't be arsed with the busy, fighting to get to the bar shite anymore. Will quite happily get the train home early evening and go for a quiet few/get canned depending on mood in our local with a lot less hassle. 

36 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

See also fingernails, seems like I am cutting the b*****ds every week now to keep them at the same length that previously only needed a cut every now and then.

It's not the nails growing quicker it's your body is shrinking mate.

43 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Bending down/contorting your body to cut your toenails doesn't get any easier either.