Stupid segregation at Scottish football games

39 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I haven't an issue with Hearts their fans seats in the Roseburn. My issue lies with the segregation, I think it's unnecessary. Agree that a moveable perspex wall  would be a good option.

Is there no way you could lift the roof off the stands and make them slightly taller? I guess HMFC would have to decide whether it would be worth doing to for the sake of maybe another 3000 odd seats.

Greetin faced Gorgie based Hibs fans would complain about light. 😕

Ridiculous segregation:

Dumbarton v Meadowbank Thistle, 1994 at Boghead.

Thistle fans were segregated from Sons fans despite there being no history of trouble between the two (we were Meadowbank FFS!). The only refreshment stall was in the home end which meant on a pretty cold day OAPs and other Thistle fans couldn't get a hot drink as the stewards wouldn't let us get past the segregation. I think a couple of us managed to get some obliging Sons fans to pass over some Bovrils which we paid them for

As we were protesting against the move to Livingston at the time I still think it was a dirty trick perpetrated by the Thistle directors.

15 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I haven't an issue with Hearts their fans seats in the Roseburn. My issue lies with the segregation, I think it's unnecessary. Agree that a moveable perspex wall  would be a good option.

The segregation solution we have at the moment was presumably devised on the basis that aside we wouldn't need to worry about a lack of seats all that often so something like a perspex wall would be a big investment for not much return

Having a shortage of seats for games against, with all due respect, less glamorous opposition like St Johnstone is a relatively new problem. Obviously there's no guarantee that the good times will continue but risking the investment on something a bit more sophisticated over the close season make sense  to me

15 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Is there no way you could lift the roof off the stands and make them slightly taller? I guess HMFC would have to decide whether it would be worth doing to for the sake of maybe another 3000 odd seats.

There's a bit more space behind the Wheatfield stand now than when it was constructed so theoretically a new deck could be put on top of that but it would be a huge investment so you'd need to be very confident that the good times were here to stay for a long time.

The Club Deck at Ibrox shows what's possible but that will have taken the best part of a decade to repay it's costs.

53 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The segregation solution we have at the moment was presumably devised on the basis that aside we wouldn't need to worry about a lack of seats all that often so something like a perspex wall would be a big investment for not much return

Having a shortage of seats for games against, with all due respect, less glamorous opposition like St Johnstone is a relatively new problem. Obviously there's no guarantee that the good times will continue but risking the investment on something a bit more sophisticated over the close season make sense  to me

There's a bit more space behind the Wheatfield stand now than when it was constructed so theoretically a new deck could be put on top of that but it would be a huge investment so you'd need to be very confident that the good times were here to stay for a long time.

The Club Deck at Ibrox shows what's possible but that will have taken the best part of a decade to repay it's costs.

Is the blast zone from the nearby factory still an issue? I remember it being cited years ago as a problem for development. 

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Ridiculous segregation:

Dumbarton v Meadowbank Thistle, 1994 at Boghead.

Thistle fans were segregated from Sons fans despite there being no history of trouble between the two (we were Meadowbank FFS!). The only refreshment stall was in the home end which meant on a pretty cold day OAPs and other Thistle fans couldn't get a hot drink as the stewards wouldn't let us get past the segregation. I think a couple of us managed to get some obliging Sons fans to pass over some Bovrils which we paid them for

As we were protesting against the move to Livingston at the time I still think it was a dirty trick perpetrated by the Thistle directors.

Yeah would that not be so that the Meadowbank fans were kept a decent distance from Bill Hunter

23 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

13% is more like 1 in 8,

1 in 6 is more like Edinburgh in general, Aberdeen was more like 1 in 3

The overall breakdown for Edinburgh Constituencies in 2019 was
SNP:42%,LAB:23%, CON:17%, LIB:13%, GRN:4%, Other:1%

Your comparing apples with oranges.

The 2019 figures count people who actually voted.

The recent poll counts people sitting at their keyboard, some of whom will have been 12-years-old. And a large proportion of those actually registered to vote simply won't bother.