Stupid segregation at Scottish football games

3 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Poll taken on Jambos Kickback, which is pretty representative of Hearts fans, December 2019.

image.png.04a81eb6113b92506abb0f52f0c1901c.png 

Wasn't there something on P&B a few years back that had the biggest percentage of Tory voting football fans being Queen of the South.

53 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Wasn't there something on P&B a few years back that had the biggest percentage of Tory voting football fans being Queen of the South.

I've no idea but that wouldn't be a shock as Dumfries and Galloway is a Tory constituency.

Slightly off-topic, but anyone know why in two tier stands away fans are often papped in the top tier leaving the bottom tier completely empty? Takes fans away from the action and looks absolutely shite on TV. 

8 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Can anybody explain what the deal is with this shit? This was from last nights Hearts vs Aberdeen match. 

stupidsegregation.thumb.jpg.f463437602ff5f36d96abd26f38030b4.jpg

Is it just me who think that this is an utterly ridiculous amount of segregation? The white square is particularly bad - it just looks awful. The columns down the left, there's no need for 3 of them. One would suffice along with extra stewarding if necessary. There's a good few hundred seats covered up that both Hearts and Aberdeen fans could have used.

Who is making these decisions to install so much needless segregation, is it the club or the police? It never used to be this bad, you only need to look at highlights from a few years ago to see that this didn't happen.

image.png.0738ea78f225ef2a03ec89cfa798e531.png

St. Johnstone are guilty of it as well, we also cover up a block of seats nearest to the away end - something that never used to happen. It's a ridiculous carry on. This isn't Leeds vs Millwall - it's St. Johnstone vs Motherwell, mate. In England you don't get segregation like this, even between supporters who bitterly hate each other.

As a fan of Scottish football, this stuff pisses me off. We should be trying to cram as many folk in as possibly to games like this, promoting the game and making it a noisy spectacle. More fans = better for the atmosphere. Covering up seats like this and trying to keep opposition fans apart also takes a bit of sting out the atmosphere. It would appear the authorities are hell bent on making attending football matches as miserable and boring experience as possible, whether it be the alcohol ban, overzealous stewarding and policing or stupid shit like this.

Please share any examples of stupid segregation you have come across.

The problem we (HMFC) have, is that we do not have enough land to enlarge our stadium any more. We have a 2500 waiting list for tickets, so we would be mental not to sell season tickets in our ‘away stand’, but we have to lose thousands of seats due to the risk of fan violence. 

I would like to see us trial some sort of thin and transparent hard-wearing Perspex divider. Less space taken up and more fans, without locking out our own supporters.

1 minute ago, StellarHibee said:

Waving hello and offering hugs? You won't find that from fans of any other club.

Kidding aside, what is actually going on with your Ultras just now? They seem to be adopting a very Celtic Lite persona. Seems to have come from nowhere.

7 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The problem we (HMFC) have, is that we do not have enough land to enlarge our stadium any more. We have a 2500 waiting list for tickets, so we would be mental not to sell season tickets in our ‘away stand’, but we have to lose thousands of seats due to the risk of fan violence. 

I would like to see us trial some sort of thin and transparent hard-wearing Perspex divider. Less space taken up and more fans, without locking out our own supporters.

Have you considered selling the land for housing and moving to a part of town with more space?

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Kidding aside, what is actually going on with your Ultras just now? They seem to be adopting a very Celtic Lite persona. Seems to have come from nowhere.

Calm down m8, they're still waving the utterly horrendous butchers apron.

1 minute ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Have you considered selling the land for housing and moving to a part of town with more space?

Me personally? No, not really … I’m not sure I’d have a lot of say in the process.

1 minute ago, StellarHibee said:

Calm down m8, they're still waving the utterly horrendous butchers apron.

And celebrating the death of Lisbon Lions too, tbf. Although they were maybe only celebrating the last three… 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I haven't an issue with Hearts their fans seats in the Roseburn. My issue lies with the segregation, I think it's unnecessary. Agree that a moveable perspex wall  would be a good option.

Is there no way you could lift the roof off the stands and make them slightly taller? I guess HMFC would have to decide whether it would be worth doing to for the sake of maybe another 3000 odd seats.