Albums of 2023

Miguel Sanchez

On 01/02/2023 at 11:45, betting competition said:

Looking forward to Young Fathers and also Hamish Hawk new album which both are getting released on the 3rd. 

Cheers, I like what I’ve heard of Hamish so I’ll order the CD off his Bandcamp and get the old man to mule it over when he comes out in March. Is Aznavour worth slinging in alongside it, you reckon? 

ETA - seems the new ones been pushed back to the 24th?

Edited by carpetmonster

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2022 at 21:29, Miguel Sanchez said:

The new Paramore album is influenced by Bloc Party says Hayley Williams (nme.com)

Not sure I'm wild about seeing Bloc Party without Matt and Gordy but needs must

Let's have a recap of Bloc Party('s first four albums, with the original line-up). What characterises them? Despite coming from the time and area of the period rightly known as indie landfill there was always something different about the band. Musically they were actually talented and interesting. Russell Lissack remains the best guitar player I've seen live with a seemingly never ending array of pedals and effects allowing him to create... whatever he wants. Kele's vocals range from soft-spoken tender moments to full-on desperate howling, and lyrics that cover a range of topics from the personal to the global. Matt and Gordy made up a final rhythm section, and the band's actual music over those four albums was varied and always interesting, with a range of different influences and styles.

What type of song is the main influence? So Here We Are? SRXT? 3x3? Ion Square?

Hard to Beat by Hard-Fi, actually.

NANANANANA. 

Orbital - optical delusion 

Much fresher sounding than their last offering, probably because of the strategy of having different collaborators on each track. 

The highlight for me is the Sleaford Mods on Dirty Rat, very much a state of the nation address. 

An unexpected return to form. 

22 hours ago, coprolite said:

Orbital - optical delusion 

Much fresher sounding than their last offering, probably because of the strategy of having different collaborators on each track. 

The highlight for me is the Sleaford Mods on Dirty Rat, very much a state of the nation address. 

An unexpected return to form. 

Love Dirty Rat track with Sleaford Mods. Suppose I better give their album a listen. 

Edited by betting competition