P&B Weight Observers Thread 23/24

On 05/04/2023 at 08:01, Dons_1988 said:

Great thread idea. 

My weight is a constant battle, I just have that physique (not particularly tall but broad build) that a bad weekend has me feeling the belly wobble on the Monday. 

My most significant period of weight loss was back in 2018 when I went from 105kg down to 78kg in about 6 months. My biggest piece of advice is patience. I lost less than a kg in the first 5-6 weeks and had moments of feeling pretty down about it. Suddenly the weight just started falling off, it felt like I lost a kg every time I weighed myself. From then, the momentum just built and it really felt amazing. 

I now fluctuate somewhere in the low to mid 80’skg wise depending on my discipline. Having a child and juggling it with work and everything else makes a consistent routine really difficult to keep up over a sustained period of time. 

27 kg in 6 months 5 years ago is amazing!

I’m in the same boat as you with regards to kids and work.  It’s extremely difficult to stick to a routine.

Did my 1st of the month weigh in .Lost 11 lb in March , followed it up with 9 lb in April ,that's me at 17 at 1 ,down 4st 9 since I started. People starting to notice now and pay compliments which is nice and keeps the motivation going

Good luck to everyone else who's trying

Just now, dagane said:

Did my 1st of the month weigh in .Lost 11 lb in March , followed it up with 9 lb in April ,that's me at 17 at 1 ,down 4st 9 since I started. People starting to notice now and pay compliments which is nice and keeps the motivation going

Good luck to everyone else who's trying

17 stone 1 is what I meant to type

15 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Having had a quick skim over the last couple of pages, there are some fantastic success stories 😊

Well done folks!

Ive been on Keto since 26th March and gone from 89.7 kg to 81.4 kg.

I’ll be staying on it ‘til Friday, then hope to just eat healthily from there onwards, but that’s easier said than done!

If I manage to get under 81 kg then I’ll be delighted.

Has anyone else done Keto before, then wondered what to do next?

I did Keto during lockdown. Got rid of about 10% of my body weight. Have enjoyed putting half of that back on over the last couple of years so on it again for a little bit.

I’ve never done a diet before but I tracked what I’m eating and I’ve lost 1st 4lbs in 6 weeks. 

https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/Home#url

Currently available for £23.99 for 12 months. 

I just stuck in my initial target weight and the app works everything out based on what food I eat and track. 

What I also have done is also used an approach called “Time Restricted Eating” where I consume my food during a set period.

This application has made me alter my nutrition needs as it was clear that I was not getting enough fibre in my diet. 

It has been a game changer for me.

I’ve not looked at all the other options (see below) but it really is a fantastic application. 
IMG_1602.thumb.jpeg.57302ddd081f3f497c3f73ffe97df80b.jpeg

I'm pleased to see some of you have been making progress. I have progressed, just the wrong way...

I'm starting now.

On that Keto thing - careful there as I'm fairly certain ketones are harmful to some body organs unless I'm mistaking what the diet is doing.

On 02/05/2023 at 09:22, Molotov said:

I’ve never done a diet before but I tracked what I’m eating and I’ve lost 1st 4lbs in 6 weeks. 

https://www.nutracheck.co.uk/Home#url

Currently available for £23.99 for 12 months. 

I just stuck in my initial target weight and the app works everything out based on what food I eat and track. 

What I also have done is also used an approach called “Time Restricted Eating” where I consume my food during a set period.

This application has made me alter my nutrition needs as it was clear that I was not getting enough fibre in my diet. 

It has been a game changer for me.

I’ve not looked at all the other options (see below) but it really is a fantastic application. 
IMG_1602.thumb.jpeg.57302ddd081f3f497c3f73ffe97df80b.jpeg

These bots are getting more sophisticated.

• 4 weeks later...

May targets hit(ish) . Ran a 10k (in half marathon time). Had hoped to fit into a pair of 40 in waist trousers, but i don't have any. Did manage to fasten and was able to sit down in a 38 inch waist pair, but it wasn't comfortable. Verdict - not proven, but I'm claiming a win. 

Lost a stone. 

Targets for June, run 13k and lose ten pounds. 

Don't have a set of scales but have recently moved my belt from notch 3 to 4,  also able to fit into a few old-fave T-shirts including my Scissors, Paper, Rock Lizard, Spock which I'm about to take on a trip to the dentist - still got all my teeth but I increasingly get Little Shop of Horrors vibes when I'm due to attend.

Heaviest weight 21st 10 lb

1st May 17 st 1 lb

1st June 16 st 6 lb total loss 5 st 4 lb

Next target ,I've got a gym in my work ,time to start using it ,and to get my arse on to my bike before it rusts away 

Chuffed with the way things are going

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve had an absolute mare the last few months lads, was 13st 11lbs end of April. Went on the West Highland Way first week in May buggered my knee and wasn’t able to exercise for 6/7 weeks.

Back up at 15 stone 2lbs yesterday morning, annoyed at myself but back to the running tonight and sensible eating and it’ll fall off again sure enough 

21 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve had an absolute mare the last few months lads, was 13st 11lbs end of April. Went on the West Highland Way first week in May buggered my knee and wasn’t able to exercise for 6/7 weeks.

Back up at 15 stone 2lbs yesterday morning, annoyed at myself but back to the running tonight and sensible eating and it’ll fall off again sure enough 

Temporary blip. You sound motivated so you'll be fine.

Not updated in a while, mostly because I haven't done very well. Been trading the same few lbs back and forth for months and had serious difficulty getting below 16.7lbs. I've finally managed it in the last few weeks, with the motivation of an upcoming holiday to lose a bit for. It'll all go back on plus more, but I'll be starting from a better place when I get back at least. 5lbs down in 3 weeks, which I think is a decent effort. 

Just under 16st5lbs now, so should be about 16st3lbs next week before holiday. I had been hoping to get to 16 before I went, bit it's not going to happen. However, I'm 2.8lbs away from 2 stones off overall. 

I'd say it's a 6.5/10 for effort. Could've been better, but going the right way. I do notice the difference, though - my jeans are needing a belt and a few pairs of shorts I had filed away fit again. That's more important than the number on the scales. 

Edited by Michael W

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly disappointing July after shedding loads in June. Still lost 8 lb (half of June's) though so happy with direction. Suspect that the comparison might be affected by weighing in after a long run and big shit in June, so not too much of a slowdown yet hopefully.  

Managed a couple of 10 mile runs and got within a km of a half marathon, still very slowly. So that's good. 

I do feel like i'm having to fight cravings and temptation more recently. Fortunately my youngest has started watching old Simpsons with me and Homer is a brilliant anti - role model/ cautionary tale. If i want a bag of crisps i just imagine myself in a dress with a helper monkey. 

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm a fat kunt these days.

I've two dodgy knees and canny be fucked exercising. How do I change things?

Cocaine.

Not only will you lose weight, you'll also lose your family, dignity and will to live!