Celtic v Morton (with added VAR)

AyrshireTon

1 minute ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Absolute shambles of a decision. If that's a penalty then football is dying. I wonder if the ref would have gave Morton that penalty?

'Give who? Morton? Oh, aye, they're the other team that's playing. Naw, I widnae.'

1 minute ago, printer said:

Handball rule needs sorted ASAP. Wasting too many games.

I don't understand how Goldson's handball in the Old Firm cannot be given and that one can. I haven;t watched the former again, but didn't Goldson move his hands (albeit to protect his face) and handle the ball, whilst this one is 100% an accident and his hands are not in an unnatural position.

Saint Mirren had one at Tynecastle...the list goes on.

2 minutes ago, printer said:

The ref isn't the problem, he's just applying the laws. It's those that need sorting.

Nonsense. Ambrose's arm is in a 'natural' position and the ball is deflected towards him from about a yard.

Ask yourself what would have happened if it had taken place at the other end.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought it was only used in stadiums that have it in place, no? 

Only televised games are required to have VAR - should they have it. The clubs would have to pay for VAR in non-televised games. None of them have gone for it, unsurprisingly 

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

His hand is fucking behind him. What should he do with it, tuck them in? That would never, ever have been given at the other end. 

Wouldn't even have had the ref looking at it.

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Clubs needed to agree to use it and both clubs pay for it. Hence not in use at Dundee United or St Mirren today.

4 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Yes thats my understanding too. But the competition needs a level playing field imo. Either VAR in or out for all (or at the very least by round). Oh ffs games over now

Ridiculous. Doesn't surprise me that that's the case though. 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Our game is fucked. Get those two bigoted b*****ds of clubs and their fans to f**k out of our league asap please.

Blame every other fucking idiot club who voted this joke of a system in as well. Only Morton can hold their heads up for rightly telling them to shove it up their arse. Horrible bit of irony that they're truly pumped by a rotten VAR decision.