Amber Livi v. Tangerine United

3 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Utterly amateur pathetic officiating and somebody needs to be accountable. Invariably it is the fault of “mister nobody”.

To call a pitch inspection mid afternoon highlights the fact that there is a problem with the surface. No evidence that temperatures falling dramatically so why not take the sensible course of action at 3.00 pm.

For fans to travel in these freezing conditions for a late postponement midweek is horrendous. No sympathy for the officials responsible at 3.00 pm and there has to be consequences for this incompetence.

Are you expecting the officials not to close ranks? The referee for this game had only 4 premiership games under his belt but he was accompanied by three other experienced officials.

An absolutely horrendous situation

4 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:

"Supposed to be an all weather pitch...rip it up...tin pot club...shouldn't be in the Premier League...got no fans...Franchise FC".

You forgot the administrations, not paying rent on your tinpot stadium, winning a trophy and playing in Europe paying wages to a squad a shitehawk club like Ferrantibank clearly couldn’t afford.

Here to help.

9 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Every Livi fan will tell you that it is the same every winter. The goalmouth at the south stand never gets the sun because it doesn’t rise high enough over the stand. Pitch heaters at that end would work, but come at an astronomical cost. 

The idea that the goalmouth was playable at 3pm and not 6pm seems fanciful, but not outwith the realms of possibility. I don’t the think the temperature has dropped that drastically in that amount of time. But hey ho. Feel heart sorry for the United fans who had arrived or were very near to it. 

One thing though. See this “emb@rass1ng” patter? Get in the fucking sea. The club should perhaps feel perplexed, apologetic, raging, disappointed - but embarrassed? Aye, right ye are. 

So wouldn't you be better with a grass pitch and USH if plastic can't overcome that issue ?

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You forgot the administrations, not paying rent on your tinpot stadium, winning a trophy and playing in Europe paying wages to a squad a shitehawk club like Ferrantibank clearly couldn’t afford.

Here to help.

Don't forget hiring people with criminal records. Davie's been in the jail!!!!

3 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Apparently United manager said it was unplayable at 3 but got overruled.

I don’t normally go in for paranoia, and I’m not saying this is, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if what you’ve said is true. 

Just now, ol1vercloff said:

Apparently Davie and the ref were winching at the time.

That's easy for you to say, but maybe if they had spent more time looking at the pitch and less playing around with wires and ropes, this nightmare would never have happened in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So wouldn't you be better with a grass pitch and USH if plastic can't overcome that issue ?

I genuinely don’t know. We used to have terrible pitch issues in the years immediately preceding the Astro being installed. The same end was a quagmire in winter and would be rock hard when frozen. USH was also very prohibitive cost wise (into five figures for use a couple of days before a fixture), and I actually vaguely recall the system having been decommissioned and a huge outlay needed to get it working again. 

The Astro is seen as a community asset and probably makes us/WLC decent dough. 

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

That's easy for you to say, but maybe if they had spent more time looking at the pitch and less playing around with wires and ropes, this nightmare would never have happened in the first place.

Is that code for drugs? Davie sold drugs.

From Fox,

“The inspection was at 3pm because we had serious concerns and I was here personally,” said Fox. “I still had those very strong concerns at 3pm.

“That adds to the frustration because if you just looked at the temperature forecast for tonight, it was only going to go one way. However, the fourth official deemed the pitch playable. … With the temperature forecasts what they were, I couldn’t imagine the pitch getting any better. That’s on the SPFL and the referees; they make the calls and hopefully they look into this.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4069477/dundee-united-demand-answers-livingston-posponed-liam-fox/

1 minute ago, Troy.1995 said:

FFS.Its been freezing the last 3 days.The inept official made a horrendous call at 3 o'clock when it should have been called off.But fill yer boots and aim yer bile at the club.👏.

Livi as a club have the responsibility to maintain the pitch and ensure games are playable on it.

Now don't get me wrong the refs deserve massive flak here too but there's no way the club are getting away from the criticisms either.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When the pitch was deemed dodgy enough to get an inspection at 3.00pm, and the forecast was for temperatures to get lower as the afternoon went on, this was guaranteed to be off by time the evening came.

Have to say i was surprised it was given the go ahead when they had the pitch inspection. Pitch inspections at Livi are generally like VAR saying to the ref to go have a look at the monitor, you know you're fucked the second you see him walking towards the monitor.