Syngenta FC-Pending doom

3 hours ago, Marooneye said:

There is a big difference between starting off and building up a club compared to what they did.

They never had a ground, they never had a support, they bought the league.

It was one man's play thing.  That's the difference.

Makes it even more incredible that an established team like Camelon is allowing him in the door. 

4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Makes it even more incredible that an established team like Camelon is allowing him in the door. 

Standards are not what they once were at Carmuirs.

2 hours ago, drs said:

Standards are not what they once were at Carmuirs.

Don't know the guys . Don't know if true, but if true. why would a supposed community club want to be associated with a known convicted drug dealer. As I said I don't know the people involved, but heard that story from a couple of people now.

29 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Don't know the guys . Don't know if true, but if true. why would a supposed community club want to be associated with a known convicted drug dealer. As I said I don't know the people involved, but heard that story from a couple of people now.

Sure everbody deserves a 2nd chance and seems to work ok at Livingston just now.

34 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The lad Tansey that was at ww earlier this season and the lad Goodwillie might beg to differ. I'm sure there's other examples out there. 

Think there's a difference from a convicted drug dealer whos done there time and beasts who still deny any wrong doiing . As i said the guy at Livingston is an example of people doing ok after being convicted.

So what happens now? Do the results get deleted for the whole season or are the remaining fixtures awarded to the opposition? They have played more than half their fixtures and is there a rule covering it?

Its a shame for those affected by this.  Thought they could have become another Inverkeithing who have managed the transition well.

2 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

So what happens now? Do the results get deleted for the whole season or are the remaining fixtures awarded to the opposition? They have played more than half their fixtures and is there a rule covering it?

Its a shame for those affected by this.  Thought they could have become another Inverkeithing who have managed the transition well.

Everything should just be voided. Don't see why that would have changed from the last time it happened in the EoSFL (Duns/Kelso United?)

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Unfortunately this is a recurring theme at this level of clubs taking  money for short-term gain and ultimately ending in disaster.

Syngenta being the latest victim.

Maybe some sort of fit and proper rule or similar needs to be applied.

52 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Unfortunately this is a recurring theme at this level of clubs taking  money for short-term gain and ultimately ending in disaster.

Syngenta being the latest victim.

Maybe some sort of fit and proper rule or similar needs to be applied.

Very surprised that clubs in the EOS are happy that the Director of Football and an entire team of players can just up sticks and essentially take over a team in a higher league part way through a season. Can you imagine the outcry if say people involved at Stirling Albion did the same next week with Alloa or Hamilton/Motherwell or Boness Ath/United etc etc etc

Certainly needs to be something put in place to ensure this never happens again.

Edited by drs

5 hours ago, drs said:

Very surprised that clubs in the EOS are happy that the Director of Football and an entire team of players can just up sticks and essentially take over a team in a higher league part way through a season. Can you imagine the outcry if say people involved at Stirling Albion did the same next week with Alloa or Hamilton/Motherwell or Boness Ath/United etc etc etc

Certainly needs to be something put in place to ensure this never happens again.

I agree with what you say, but I would go further and say that nomad teams like syngenta should not be allowed to get an SFA licence. They got a licence because of the facilities of Stenhousemuir, while my team who have done nothing wrong and have been in existense about 100  years longer than Syngenta and have an excellent ground except no floodlights can't get licenced. Something wrong when that can happen and a team that don't even have their own ground can get licenced.

1 hour ago, monthehoose said:

I agree with what you say, but I would go further and say that nomad teams like syngenta should not be allowed to get an SFA licence. They got a licence because of the facilities of Stenhousemuir, while my team who have done nothing wrong and have been in existense about 100  years longer than Syngenta and have an excellent ground except no floodlights can't get licenced. Something wrong when that can happen and a team that don't even have their own ground can get licenced.

That’s changed now if you ground sure you will not get your club license 

6 hours ago, drs said:

Nobody cared when Airdrie got away with it, granted it wasn't midway through the season - but still jumped by clubs.

Edited by not man of the match
factual update

1 hour ago, monthehoose said:

Pretty sure there is more to a Licence than a ground share.

13 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe with all these players being released from a nearby club they could cobble together a first team and see out the season...?

Since Syngenta Juveniles have already done a deal with Bo'ness Athletic. Those left behind don't seem to have any interest in keeping a first team going. Better to just cut bait in that case. A clean slate would be better for those in the 2nd Division than skewed half seasons.