Syngenta FC-Pending doom

On 12/02/2023 at 06:57, Kemlin Dan said:

If there is work going on at LK to suggest that it will become SFA compliant then they will be staying in Camelon as I really cant see them giving up the Licence to move to LK unless Stevie is giving them the full place for free and the £££ out weigh losing the SFA Licence vs free digs.

Stevie will do what makes more money for him 

17 hours ago, Retiredandhappy said:

Stevie won’t have the Syngenta name anywhere near Little Kerse.. that ship sailed before the pandemic when their wee blue portacabin left hastily. The place is better off without them.. 

remember it was syngenta that helped him out to get the fun 4s down there 

17 hours ago, Retiredandhappy said:

Stevie won’t have the Syngenta name anywhere near Little Kerse.. that ship sailed before the pandemic when their wee blue portacabin left hastily. The place is better off without them.. 

Dont think the rumours are about Syngenta going there. 🤔

3 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

This is the problem allowing boys clubs and amateur teams with no fans join the leagues.

The committee resign and the club folds as there’s no one else.

Literally amateur. 

All clubs have to start somewhere, don't automatically come with everything nicely setup, it takes time. Some will sink some will swim. Did your club automatically start up with everything in place.

There is a club on the brink of promotion to WOS Prem who came from a boys club. They weren't bankrolled by a money man and are now a important part of the community. I give you Gartcairn Academy. I agree there is a right way to do it. There are enough examples in our league's.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

All clubs have to start somewhere, don't automatically come with everything nicely setup, it takes time. Some will sink some will swim. Did your club automatically start up with everything in place.

There is a club on the brink of promotion to WOS Prem who came from a boys club. They weren't bankrolled by a money man and are now a important part of the community. I give you Gartcairn Academy. I agree there is a right way to do it. There are enough examples in our league's.

Fair enough. It’s a sort of FFP test at this level. It’s an absolute farce a team folding kid season at a promotion spot because a committee resign and they’ve no fans to pay their players. You get what I mean.

13 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

There is a big difference between starting off and building up a club compared to what they did.

They never had a ground, they never had a support, they bought the league.

It was one man's play thing.  That's the difference.

11 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Fair enough. It’s a sort of FFP test at this level. It’s an absolute farce a team folding kid season at a promotion spot because a committee resign and they’ve no fans to pay their players. You get what I mean.

I just felt it was a bit of a sweeping statement, was fully aware your ire was directed at one club.

When they were allowed into the old East Juniors everyone around knew it was a project doomed to fail. Where was due diligence then and also when they ported across to EOS. Others have to share some of the responsibility.

Anyways enjoy your football. Promotion this year?

25 minutes ago, Marooneye said:

There is a big difference between starting off and building up a club compared to what they did.

100% agree, I just felt that it was a generalisation from grinder and wanted to highlight that.

I follow the new Div 4 in the West and although it's early days the clubs therein are working hard to becoming part of their community. Attendances are increasing and maintaining.  🤞

44 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

When they were allowed into the old East Juniors everyone around knew it was a project doomed to fail. Where was due diligence then and also when they ported across to EOS. Others have to share some of the responsibility.

Well no.

When they joined the East Juniors it was basically their Under 20s team that was playing in the league - offering a pathway for the younger ages to a higher level of football and that would have been easily sustainable in a league where the likes of Harthill and Pumpherston reside. Its when the outside influence and the pennies came in that it became unsustainable.

As we've seen in the West with the likes of BSC and Rossvale - once it becomes all about the "first" team and the pathway for younger players in the youth structure closes off then it inevitably creates a schism between the original youth club and those running the "first" team and you end up with a joke club in Cumbernauld, a club with no name in Petershill and no club at all representing Syngenta.

Edited by drs

22 minutes ago, drs said:

Well no.

When they joined the East Juniors it was basically their Under 20s team that was playing in the league - offering a pathway for the younger ages to a higher level of football and that would have been easily sustainable in a league where the likes of Harthill and Pumpherston reside. Its when the outside influence and the pennies came in that it became unsustainable.

As we've seen in the West with the likes of BSC and Rossvale - once it becomes all about the "first" team and the pathway for younger players in the youth structure closes off then it inevitably creates a schism between the original youth club and those running the "first" team and you end up with a joke club in Cumbernauld, a club with no name in Petershill and no club at all representing Syngenta.

Was involved with one of the clubs the year they joined the juniors, yeah that's a fair point 're under 20's. It became clear quickly that the team was going to struggle. Then suddenly at some point that 1st season they were gone and pennies took over. And all the fun started.

The 'pathway' appears to be the issue. Both clubs quickly became physically distant from the parent club not being visible in the local area. Could that be the problem?

Gartcairn are still very much in their community. Drumchapel the same.

St.Cadocs are at New Tinto, could that present issues if they don't move back to their roots?

I know from the Div 4 newbies. Harmony Row have had problems with parent club. Others like Kilsyth, Easterhouse, St.Peters, West Park seem to be one club. 

Don't have a solution that guarantees success for new clubs, just don't like the way new clubs are dismissed by some from the traditional clubs.

3 hours ago, Marooneye said:

What league did they buy ??