Syngenta FC-Pending doom

Hearing some extremly crazy noise surrounding Syngenta FC and their future, possible implosion regarding them folding their 1st team and that means they lose the U20s as well. All sponsors leaving and players not re-signing contracts.

What I heard was the main man himself is calling it a day, not surprised as very little support going his way from Syngenta Committee.

Again I havent heard this from a direct source but the sources are very reliable.

For some youth big shots on the Syngenta committee they are way out their depth and the dark clouds are now hanging over their bad decision making.

Edited by Kemlin Dan

3 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Hearing some extremly crazy noise surrounding Syngenta FC and their future, possible implosion regarding them folding their 1st team and that means they lose the U20s as well. All sponsors leaving and players not re-signing contracts.

What I heard was the main man himself is calling it a day, not surprised as very little support going his way from Syngenta Committee.

Again I havent heard this from a direct source but the sources are very reliable.

For some youth big shots on the Syngenta committee they are way out their depth and the dark clouds are now hanging over their bad decision making.

Personally I'd trust the committee of the long standing (60 odd years), respected youth club ahead of the guy who has bankrolled an amateur team and then folded them at the first chance to join the EoS. 

It was always a vanity project.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Personally I'd trust the committee of the long standing (60 odd years), respected youth club ahead of the guy who has bankrolled an amateur team and then folded them at the first chance to join the EoS. 

That committee hasn't been there for 60 years though so I think there's more to come from this 

7 minutes ago, alan862 said:

That committee hasn't been there for 60 years though so I think there's more to come from this 

You are right but I imagine a lot of them were there before Syngenta going senior was ever suggested. 

Will be interesting to see what happens but when you see a senior team like Syngenta turn up on the scene and do so well so quickly, there is always a chance it will fall apart just as fast.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Hearing now from people in the know, Syngenta committe are not taking the 1st team forward and the U20s will fold as well, hearing big news coming from another local team who have secured many big investors which wink wink is all tied into the Syngenta money.

The long standing youth committee havent got the experiance or knowledge to move into 1st team and run it. They struggled before at the Junior level  before the Pennies/Merge with an amatuer team collapsed and the Pennies team moving across to the Junior level(Syngenta) and then progressed to EOS as the Juniors folded, call it vanity or just pushing to a higher level each time who knows.

Syngenta wont move forward as the youth committee is a one man band with most members not knowing what is actually going on.

Edited by Kemlin Dan

7 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Hearing now from people in the know, Syngenta committe are not taking the 1st team forward and the U20s will fold as well, hearing big news coming from another local team who have secured many big investors which wink wink is all tied into the Syngenta money.

The long standing youth committee havent got the experiance or knowledge to move into 1st team and run it. They struggled before at the Junior level  before the Pennies/Merge with an amatuer team collapsed and the Pennies team moving across to the Junior level(Syngenta) and then progressed to EOS as the Juniors folded, call it vanity or just pushing to a higher level each time who knows.

Syngenta wont move forward as the youth committee is also a one man band with most members not knowing what is actually going on.

It would be interesting to see if Syngenta as a youth club were really keen to progress into adult football at all or if the Pennies merger was just a carrot dangled in front of them with a bit of financial incentive.

As you say, they wouldn't have that experience and if the senior team disagree with things then they may wish to just revert back to how they have always operated. 

4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

It would be interesting to see if Syngenta as a youth club were really keen to progress into adult football at all or if the Pennies merger was just a carrot dangled in front of them with a bit of financial incentive.

As you say, they wouldn't have that experience and if the senior team disagree with things then they may wish to just revert back to how they have always operated. 

My only guess to that would be the original application from Syngenta to play EOS and it was rejected due to their lack of due dilegence on them playing out of Grangemouth Stadium. Their only option was to play out of LK then Dunipace in the now defunct east Junior league. So 100% the willingness to be an adult team from Syngenta was defo there before Pennies.

I do think your right in part that the money side incentive to merge at the time was there as if memory serves me right the initial adult set up from Syngenta was going to be binned due to numerous failings.

Based on how they previously operated I think thats the best option for them. If they have no power in how the adult team was run then the whole thing isnt structured properly.

Based on their current standing in the league and seemingly decent set up, it seems ludicrous that they wouldn't explore others coming in to help before shutting up shop. 

And their 20s are decent too so surely something can be done. 

It always amazes me how insular and short sighted many clubs are in football. 

16 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Brilliant news they should never been allowed to play under syngenta  promised a path way to younger players that was never going happen and voted out an under 20 team that was already there from fun 4s 

You say that but half there bench last week was 20s players 

3 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

...hearing big news coming from another local team who have secured many big investors which wink wink is all tied into the Syngenta money...call it vanity or just pushing to a higher level each time who knows...

Which local team that would be is maybe the interesting part. The Shire or Stenny would be prime candidates if a higher level than the EoS is involved.

22 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Brilliant news they should never been allowed to play under syngenta  promised a path way to younger players that was never going happen and voted out an under 20 team that was already there from fun 4s 

Syngenta never had an U20s team, think the oldest was U19s and in all fairness were not even close to being at the standard needed for u20s.

36 minutes ago, Arnie said:

How many progressed if it’s developing players ? 

Again this is just a short sighted way at looking at Development football, if you think 2005 players will step into a 1st team like Syngenta within 6 months then you again are telling us all how little you know about this level of Development.

Not sure about a team being voted out, I do know that in a normal process the U19s,U18s,U17, and U16s will be assessed to see the standard and if there is any promising players ready to step up into an U20s environment. If Syngenta voted a team out and I assume your refering to an u19s team which was defunct age group in SYFA football this season and most likely have come to end of age shelf life, again if this U19s team never helped or promoted the players ready to step up and EXPECTED all to play at U20s then again your understanding of Development football at U20s level is non exsistant.

It sounds more like you were involved in Syngenta U19s and dont understand that taking players or lifting a full team from U19s to U20s would only result in a huge turnover of players that arent at that level.

As seen in the 1st season West of Scotland U20s this was the starting point for teams at U19s moving lock stock to U20s and the teams folding was in double figures.

The proof is in the pudding as they say at Syngenta U20s as it is a very good team with very promising young players, it is also run by very experianced people, going into the committee side as thats why this thread is really here due to Syngenta Committee lack of experiance and understanding of whats needed at this level and by all accounts your experiance with the committee I will guess wasnt a good one either.

32 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Again this is just a short sighted way at looking at Development football, if you think 2005 players will step into a 1st team like Syngenta within 6 months then you again are telling us all how little you know about this level of Development.

Not sure about a team being voted out, I do know that in a normal process the U19s,U18s,U17, and U16s will be assessed to see the standard and if there is any promising players ready to step up into an U20s environment. If Syngenta voted a team out and I assume your refering to an u19s team which was defunct age group in SYFA football this season and most likely have come to end of age shelf life, again if this U19s team never helped or promoted the players ready to step up and EXPECTED all to play at U20s then again your understanding of Development football at U20s level is non exsistant.

It sounds more like you were involved in Syngenta U19s and dont understand that taking players or lifting a full team from U19s to U20s would only result in a huge turnover of players that arent at that level.

As seen in the 1st season West of Scotland U20s this was the starting point for teams at U19s moving lock stock to U20s and the teams folding was in double figures.

The proof is in the pudding as they say at Syngenta U20s as it is a very good team with very promising young players, it is also run by very experianced people, going into the committee side as thats why this thread is really here due to Syngenta Committee lack of experiance and understanding of whats needed at this level and by all accounts your experiance with the committee I will guess wasnt a good one either.

The under 19s wanted to carry on but were told they couldn’t by the committee because they were starting up a new 20s team that’s why when it went to a vote 2 parents on the committee voted to pull the plug on the 19s cause the lads were going to the new team