Players who carried your team.

I was speaking to someone the other day about Neil Lennon and that without Fraser Forster he would have never got the longevity he did as Celtic manager in both spells. Forster was just a colossus for us and turned pummellings for us in Europe somehow in to points, single handedly won us cup finals etc. The guy saved us in matches many times over.

Griffiths in Deilas final season was another (hitting 40 goals), if he got injured January onwards there was a decent chance we would have chucked the league as we had a team with little hunger and huddies like Carlton Cole behind him. People may also mention Larsson for us but tbh as much as he is our best player in my memory we had a very decent squad the majority of the time he was there if he was injured/off form.
Over to you…

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

People may also mention Larsson for us but tbh as much as he is our best player in my memory we had a very decent squad the majority of the time he was there if he was injured/off form.

Would’ve kept John barnes in a job and we may never have got Martin O’Neill if he hadn’t broken his leg in Lyon. 
sliding doors csc. 

Ryan Stevenson 2007-2010

Tomi Adeloye - not the best player but without his goal last season we would have been anchored to the bottom.

Dipo Akinyemi - the high placement in the league owes a lot to his goalscoring form earlier in the season. The goals appear to have dried up now though.

Kevin Kyle in the latter stages of Jim Jefferies' tenure. It's no coincidence that we started to be referred to as "Kylemarnock" when he was banging in goals for us and keeping us away from relegation during that time. 

3 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Kevin Kyle in the latter stages of Jim Jefferies' tenure. It's no coincidence that we started to be referred to as "Kylemarnock" when he was banging in goals for us and keeping us away from relegation during that time. 

Kevin Kyle is one of the most elegant, natural strikers I have ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Kevin Kyle is one of the most elegant, natural strikers I have ever seen.

Without him, we'd have gone down a lot sooner than we eventually did. Big man was brilliant for us and we were lucky to have him.

Mark Roberts 2005-06. One of the worst Thistle teams in my lifetime (not quite 1998-2000 bad) who could quite conceivably have been relegated to the Third Division without him instead got (undeservedly) promoted to the First Division all on his back, and then pretty much single handedly kept us in the First Division the following season.