Only Beaten Domestically by St Mirren v St Mirren

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m actually fine with the decision and the result, every team gets decisions. We got a penalty against Hibs before the World Cup that was very soft. 

The only soft penalty we've had this season was at the dung heap when we were 3-0 down therefore immaterial.

We've had really pish ones against us v Motherwell, Hibs, the currants  and the Saintees so we need at least 4 to even that out.

Edited by Arch Stanton

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The only soft penalty we've had this season was at the dung heap when we were 3-0 down therefore immaterial.

We've had really pish ones against us v Motherwell, Hibs the currants  and the Saintees so we need at least 4 to even that out.

I definitely wouldn’t go as far as to say decisions even themselves out, but I also think we remember the decisions against us more than the ones for us.

I’ve seen decisions, not necessarily only big ones, given in our favour right in front of me where everyone in the ground apart from the referee seems to know he’s wrong. Some baffling decisions over the years. Same goes for those against us.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I definitely wouldn’t go as far as to say decisions even themselves out, but I also think we remember the decisions against us more than the ones for us.

I’ve seen decisions, not necessarily only big ones, given in our favour right in front of me where everyone in the ground apart from the referee seems to know he’s wrong. Some baffling decisions over the years. Same goes for those against us.

Still waiting on Brother Dallas's 4 penalties to Servo evening themselves out.............

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47011430

As always, at an away game at one of the two middens, there are things you don’t want to happen. One - an utter gubbing. Two - a defeat down to an ‘honest refereeing mistake’, either a joke penalty award to the arse cheek, your team denied a stonewall penalty, or a joke of a red card. Three - a gut wrenching 92nd minute goal conceded that costs you dearly. Four - there isn’t one. One or more of the first three is pretty much guaranteed. If we lose, and none of the first three happen, then fair enough.

0-3. McGarvey hat-trick.

Edited by pozbaird

On 16/01/2023 at 17:50, Bobby_F said:

Couldn't happen again, could it...

... at 22/1 against, the bookies seem to think not!

Well, in 66/67, the season Celtic won their one and only European trophy, they were beaten home and away by Dundee Utd. 3-2/2-3.

So it could happen. Good luck.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

Well, in 66/67, the season Celtic won their one and only European trophy, they were beaten home and away by Dundee Utd. 3-2/2-3.

So it could happen. Good luck.

In St. Mirren’s first season in the a Scottish Premier Division 1977/78, we beat Celtic twice at Parkhead (both 1-2), once at Love Street (3-1) and the other game at Love Street finished 3-3 with St. Mirren having been leading 3-1 with 10 minutes to go.

Basically we owned Celtic that season. 

We beat them home and away the season of the 3-0 win at Parkhead with Paul Lambert, etc. The other game at Parkhead was a draw.

We really should have taken something from the only game we lost as well, although that was in stark contrast to the game we won at Love Street, where it was close to a miracle that we kept a clean sheet.

To be fair though, that was also the day when Tommy Burns got sent off but the referee let Celtic bring on a substitute to replace him. 😀