Cove v Ayr (Part 1)

AUcal

Aye that statement is basically saying it's off.   Will still get train as planned and either jump off at Perth, Dundee or stay on to Aberdeen depending how we feel at the time.

Think the moral of the story is to stop planning big away days in winter, absolute lottery shit whether it's on or not.  

Screenshot_20230120_155330_Chrome.jpg

32 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye that statement is basically saying it's off.   Will still get train as planned and either jump off at Perth, Dundee or stay on to Aberdeen depending how we feel at the time.

Think the moral of the story is to stop planning big away days in winter, absolute lottery shit whether it's on or not.  

Come to Gayfield (home end of course) for the Arbroath v Motherwell game and have a few beers in Arbroath afterwards. Loads of good pubs to choose from. Game looks likely to be on.

I’m in Aberdeen and I’d be amazed if the game was on at Cove tomorrow. My son plays for Cove boys club and their training on astro (right next to Balmoral stadium) was off last night as the pitch was like an ice rink. Not been much of a thaw today either and the temperature is plummeting again overnight.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

I'd already bought match tickets- can anyone at Cove confirm that these can be refunded as I won't be able to make the rearranged one?  First time il have bought in advance for a postponed game

Let's face it, there is no way this game is going ahead.

We're in the same boat, so would be good to know!

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Why could it not have been postponed today like Inverness was?

*Great effort clearly been made there to clear the snow, ref just gone for the view

Edited by rb123!

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Why could it not have been postponed today like Inverness was?

*Great effort clearly been made there to clear the snow, ref just gone for the view

Ground is just frozen here so in theory just needs to thaw (it won’t). 

Also with Aberdeen playing on Monday I suspect cove will want to give it every chance to accommodate tourists like me. 

52 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Should Ayr start the same 11?

Only issue with yesterday is Dipo was still too isolated up front.

54 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

If Reading is available, do we put him back and stick Houston at RB?

Keep Houston at LB

54 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Can Cove avoid another thrashing?

Hartley will park the bus for this surely?

Well after a crushing defeat and emphatic Ayr second half performance it's a chance for redemption or a chance we get run ragged again. Thought Mullin was immense. 2 goals and the cross for Dempsey was pinpoint.

Team news:

Weston and Naismith ineligible and both Fyvie and Yule out with ankle injuries.

We'll have 16 players available with only 4 outfield subs.

Could line-up as below. No attacking options on the bench with 2 defenders and 2 defensively minded midfielders. 1 who can't run the length of himself 

Subs: Gourlay, Ross, McClleland, Dunne, Vigurs

Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-01-24-48_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Well after a crushing defeat and emphatic Ayr second half performance it's a chance for redemption or a chance we get run ragged again. Thought Mullin was immense. 2 goals and the cross for Dempsey was pinpoint.

Team news:

Weston and Naismith ineligible and both Fyvie and Yule out with ankle injuries.

We'll have 16 players available with only 4 outfield subs.

Could line-up as below. No attacking options on the bench with 2 defenders and 2 defensively minded midfielders. 1 who can't run the length of himself 

Subs: Gourlay, Ross, McClleland, Dunne, Vigurs

Screenshot_2023-01-30-21-01-24-48_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

Virtanen could even not be eligible as signed the day after the postponement.