The Jam Tarts vs The Dons

1 minute ago, BrodieJ12 said:

I am pretty worried about this game. We looked completely dead on our feet at the end of the game on Sunday and sounds like we are missing minimum 3 players plus Stewart, which could be seen as a positive but without another CB not so much. Will see what this team is made of though, big test and if we are as committed as we were Sunday then we should get something from it. Can't wait though, love Hearts away. 

I agree

2-0 Hearts including the obligatory Hearts penalty given for very little.

On 16/01/2023 at 10:16, topcat(The most tip top) said:

She was a ginger so the Goth option wasn't really available to her

I think it was the same summer that Oasis released their first album so that's a while back.

I  assume you didn't meet this gothic girl from Darvel at an Oasis gig?

Around the time of your romatic liasion with the Darvel Goth, I was making a rather unpleasant journey into deep darkest Ayrshire to watch Oasis at Irvine Beach in 1995. In my musical innocence at the time, I quite liked the first album but then didn't like anything else that came after when it all went a bit anthemic.

To round the circle, I'm going to a dark wave festival next month in Den Haag so I'll keep an eye and ear out for any goth with origins in Darvel.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

By what Jim Goodwin was saying after the match on Sunday, it would seem that we will see Joe Lewis in goal tomorrow.

I thought there were concerns about Roos when I watched Samson put Lewis through a more vigrous warm-up than would be expected at Hampden as we waited for extra-time to begin.

I have kind of written this off.

Shame, as all things being equal it would be a key game - but the timing stinks for AFC.

However, we did beat Hearts back in October when they wilted somewhat in the second half following their trip to Florence, so can't moan too much.

Comfortable home win alas - and an ensuing battle with Livi, Smurn etc for the early round Conference slots ahead.

Edited by tarapoa

Fucking hell, and the Aberdeen fans call me boring! 😀

Toaster-level patter from the Aberdeen fans here.

Looking forward to this one. Truly blessed 🙏 to get two floodlight-ers at Tynecastle in less than a week and I think this will be a smashing night. Full house, floodlights, no doubt a noisy away support. This is what the fitba should be.

Hearts are favourites, no question, and the timing is poor for Aberdeen. That's fitba, though, given that injuries and the trip to Florence gave Aberdeen a near-gimmie against us in the last fixture. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Aberdeen pull out a big performance here. It's win-or-bust for them, really. We've had clean sheets in our last two at home, but I don't think that tells the full story. We're a bit slack at the back, which is understandable given how our season has panned out. So, I expect Aberdeen to score, and we'll need a strong start to get a good hold of the game.

I think if we win this one, we put Aberdeen out of the picture for third and they then go into the Hibs-land of focussing on making top 6. No reason we shouldn't, and I think it's telling when you're six points ahead of a side you've only lost to so far this season (although, as I said at the time, I think some people read far too much into that result given the circumstances). It's been an excellent return from the post-WC fixtures, and this is the chance to really cement things. Also significant, in that after this we'll have played everyone home and away and will have a fairer idea of how things lie than we have had so far.

It's a chance to put an end to any talk of St Mirren for third, with them being at Celtic, and with the trip to Livi coming, it's important to go there with a gap.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Not very confident with this game as our recent record at Tynecastle isn't great (drawn 2 lost 4). I think 120 mins in the cup game will take a lot out of us so with that I think we will get beat. I don't think 3rd is over even if we lose but we will have to go on some winning run.

Hope Duk isn't injured as he is so key for us and maybe the best forward we have had in long time, and hope Clarkson isn't injured either as he is key in the midfield. There is a few positives with Shinnie making us look a lot better in the last few games and Stewart being suspended! 

Edited by betting competition

Having constantly looked like, and frequently played like, a thug through his playing career Jim Goodwin has entered his 40s as the paul Hollywood of Scottish Football. The housewife's favourite is settling into a look that will probably see him through the next decade or, with a wig, possibly longer

Robbie on the other hand has suffered, like Samson, with the loss of his hair. Biting the bullet and leaning into baldness is probably the right decision in the long term  but for someone who's luscious locks were such a part of his look he's now needing to rebuild his entire sartorial game plan and that's going to take time. He's just not ready to go head to head against the Silver Fox of the North East yet. He currently looks like Goodwin did ten years ago

However Neilson will miss this one through suspension which means it will fall to either Gordon Forrest or more likely Lee McCulloch to step up to the challenge

Can they pull something out of the wardrobe to at least be competitive tomorrow evening?

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

24 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I don't think 3rd is over even if we lose but we will have to go on some winning run.

I mean, technically, you're correct. But I'm not sure what you're seeing that makes you think Aberdeen are likely to do that.

After Hearts, three of your next six are away at Hibs, Celtic, and Dundee United. Fixtures that have so far this season yielded 0 points and a 9-1 aggregate defecit.

A draw and you've maybe got a shot at this (and I think that's generous), but I think on form so far, it's hard to see where Aberdeen suddenly start making points up if you don't win on Wednesday.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I mean, technically, you're correct. But I'm not sure what you're seeing that makes you think Aberdeen are likely to do that.

After Hearts, three of your next six are away at Hibs, Celtic, and Dundee United. Fixtures that have so far this season yielded 0 points and a 9-1 aggregate defecit.

A draw and you've maybe got a shot at this (and I think that's generous), but I think on form so far, it's hard to see where Aberdeen suddenly start making points up if you don't win on Wednesday.

There is still 16 games to go after tomorrow game so still a lot to play for.

I expect Shinnie to make a massive difference to this Aberdeen team so hopefully can turn our away form around. 

12 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I would argue but no one knows this Aberdeen side like you do. I know when I’m out of my depth. 

12 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Do they still put the barrier up at full time so you can’t walk back onto Georgie 

I don't think it was up the other night as there were st mirren fans walking out along side us.

I think it depends on the team - aiberdeen are massive, as we know, so the barrier might be up right enough.