The Jam Tarts vs The Dons

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was very amusing when cathro came out for an end of season lap of honour to the fans to a barrage of abuse. Good times. Amazed he was allowed to take you into the league cup groups. 

We have a long tradition of not giving a toss about the league cup

letting Cathro handle it is very much in that tradition 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

While agreeing Cochrane is a loss, it's less of one if Kingsley is fit and comes in at wing back. If it's Halliday there instead then yes, huge loss.

I think Sibbick will be making way for Kingsley if he's back. If Cochrane doesn't make it it'll probably be Halliday (provided he's fit). Neilson loves Halliday and seems to prefer Kingsley in the three and I'm not sure he's even played the latter at wing-back before.

I also suspect it'll be Kingsley in the middle and Rowles on the left, which seems like a waste of Kingsley, although I think his aerial stats are better.

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

letting Cathro handle it is very much in that tradition 

Ah that old hearts line.. didnt want to win it anyway

Weird so many of you turned up for that league cup semi final at Murrayfield against Celtic 😁

35 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Ah that old hearts line.. didnt want to win it anyway

Weird so many of you turned up for that league cup semi final at Murrayfield against Celtic 😁

History has also shown that they’re not that interested in remaining in the top flight.

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

It was within walking distance of my house

i certainly wouldn’t have hauled myself all the way to Glasgow for it

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Unlike the Tennants Sixes, where that 1980s consecutive victory trophies take pride of place on the Tynecastle sideboard.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

45 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It was within walking distance of my house

i certainly wouldn’t have hauled myself all the way to Glasgow for it

Fair enough. I guess those 3 proper trophies in 60 years are enough for a team like Hearts (not including the tennents sixes.. sorry 😁)

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Unlike the Tennants Sixes, where that 1980s consecutive victory trophies take pride of place on the Tynecastle sideboard.

It really is a mystery why some people suggest Aberdeen fans are stuck in the eighties.

48 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Fair enough. I guess those 3 proper trophies in 60 years are enough for a team like Hearts (not including the tennents sixes.. sorry 😁)

Is 1998 really 60 years ago already? Time flies. 😕

21 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Is 1998 really 60 years ago already? Time flies. 😕

Since 1963 hearts have won 3 major trophies.

3 major trophies in 60 years 

As i originally posted

Hope this helps. Whataboutery doesnt save you from the fact that 1963-1998 Hearts won nothing 😁

Relegated 5 times in that period though!

Relegations 5  Major trophies 3 - Hearts (1963-2023)

Edited by afc_blockhead

7 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Since 1963 hearts have won 3 major trophies.

3 major trophies in 60 years 

As i originally posted

Hope this helps. Whataboutery doesnt save you from the fact that 1963-1998 Hearts won nothing 😁

Relegated 5 times in that period though!

Relegations 5  Major trophies 3 - Hearts (1963-2023)

The mental gymnastics of a bitter codheid. We have won three Scottish Cups in 25 years. Not a great record, by any means… but what have Aberdeen won in that same 25 year time period? It’s laughable stuff to be honest, akin to your escaped relegation twice trophies. 😄

39 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The mental gymnastics of a bitter codheid. We have won three Scottish Cups in 25 years. Not a great record, by any means… but what have Aberdeen won in that same 25 year time period? It’s laughable stuff to be honest, akin to your escaped relegation twice trophies. 😄

Come on now, don't put your club down like that. Even someone stuck in 1980s remembers that Hearts have also bagged a couple of second tier championships in that 25 year time frame... it's been one of the most successful 25 year periods in your club's history. 

14 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Come on now, don't put your club down like that. Even someone stuck in 1980s remembers that Hearts have also bagged a couple of second tier championships in that 25 year time frame... it's been one of the most successful 25 year periods in your club's history. 

Not to mention becoming fan owned and spending millions on upgrading our stadium.  Imagine that eh?   

8 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Weve won a trophy more recently than Hearts!

I was nice and chose to ignore 2 of those 3 cups came during a sevco esque spending money you didnt have period. Enough to almost go bust.

1 legitimate trophy since 1963! We have 16 in that time period by the way and ZERO relegations ever.

The fact you've finished top 3 in the top flight back to back only once in 60 years should be another clue that you are not and have never been "third force"

Edited by afc_blockhead

Can’t agree with my fellow dons fans. 

3 trophies and extended periods of top flight football in 25 years is excellent for a club like hearts. 

No league titles and two trophies in 28 years is laughable for a club like Aberdeen. 

We just need to take our medicine here.