The Jam Tarts vs The Dons

The two biggest teams from the battle for third place square off.

A win for HMFC would make it a bit of a mountain for Aberdeen, and leave Livingston as the main challenger to HMFC for the European group stage kicker card. 

A win for for AFC and things tighten up again in the race for third.

You would hope this means it is a blood and thunder affair, and a great game for the neutral to watch, but with us playing Hibs in the cup four days later, and AFC off the back of a gruelling extra time defeat to Rangers just three days before, it could easily be a cagey and uninspiring borefest too, and probably will be. 

From a Hearts point of view, two big games of such importance in the two competitions necessary for securing group stage football again, makes me a bit nervous. We struggled a bit with the two games a week schedule when we were in the conference groups. Hopefully we now have the squad to cope. 

2-1 HMFC

This fixture generally = home win and I’m expecting that on Wednesday. 

Yesterday plus injuries will leave us pretty short and I think hearts are at this moment a better side than us. 

Unfortunately that will probably kill any hope of third. If we could avoid defeat then that gives us a bit of belief but a draw probably not a great result either. 

I think if Aberdeen want to have any chance at 3rd, they really need to be winning given upcoming fixtures. Hopefully that means they come and open up a bit rather than just sit in, but I'm not sure if they will.

Won't be an easy game, but a win would be massive for us. Hoping the heavy pitch and playing for a period with 10 men has Aberdeen feeling a bit of a hangover and that Duk misses out as he looks clearly their best creative player.

Not the game we'd want after a hard 120+ minutes. Not that we ever win down the anyway. Not since 2017.

Home win. 'Mountain to climb'. On to Darvel.

And I'm pissed off that this is midweek and I can't make it. I go to very few away games but the Edinburgh trips are by far the best.

19 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not the game we'd want after a hard 120+ minutes. Not that we ever win down the anyway. Not since 2017.

And I'm pissed off that this is midweek and I can't make it. I go to very few away games but the Edinburgh trips are by far the best.

Going to be hard to get tickets at Tynecastle in the future as our allocation is down to 600. Points went down to 300 for this game but its going to be a scramble for tickets with a Saturday game. 

Game sold and Ticket Exchange now kicked in.

Should be a good atmosphere.

I'm not going to predict the result as we've not looked great but continue to gather the points, and I really haven't been watching Aberdeen but a very good effort against Rangers by all accounts. Very difficult to call.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Think thats  a Katy Perry song. 

Seemed more like a limerick…

I once kissed a girl from Darvel,

was a goth who was obsessed with hell,

I bought her a chippy, but her voice was pure nippy,

So I binned her for a lassie called Mel.

Hopefully Cochrane is fit, he's a big loss if not.  Would like to see us get an extra body in the middle as Snodgrass needs that extra man in there to allow us to get him on the ball in the right places.

It'll be a close game but we're usually decent at home so hopeful of getting the win

16 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Hopefully Cochrane is fit, he's a big loss if not.  Would like to see us get an extra body in the middle as Snodgrass needs that extra man in there to allow us to get him on the ball in the right places.

It'll be a close game but we're usually decent at home so hopeful of getting the win

While agreeing Cochrane is a loss, it's less of one if Kingsley is fit and comes in at wing back. If it's Halliday there instead then yes, huge loss.

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Our last win there was their last game in front of the old stand. We secured 2nd place that day.

I’m sure they had a “mass twirley” planned for the final whistle but they all pissed off home.

19 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Our last win there was their last game in front of the old stand. We secured 2nd place that day.

I’m sure they had a “mass twirley” planned for the final whistle but they all pissed off home.

Think that was Cathros last league game! I gave my ticket away…. Every team was out working us & knew the sheep would get the result!

12 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Think that was Cathros last league game! I gave my ticket away…. Every team was out working us & knew the sheep would get the result!

It was very amusing when cathro came out for an end of season lap of honour to the fans to a barrage of abuse. Good times. Amazed he was allowed to take you into the league cup groups.