Accies v County - Return of the Diddy Derby

Matty-RCFC

Well well well, we meet again Accies. A chance for both sides to forget their respective league woes this season in, for my money, the highlight of the season. The Scottish Cup Fourth Round. We’re all praying that Hiwula’s goal yesterday is the game that will finally give our season a bit of a jump start, but I think we’ll need more than a jump start to get off the base of the league now. That being said, we’ve not had a good Scottish Cup run in years, and I’d like to think that the Accies are more than beatable. From the outside looking in, things don’t look so rosy in that neck of the woods. Hopefully all is sorted in the near future and your dictator-like chairman is shown the door soon, as I have a lot of respect for Accies fans. 

All that being said, I hope you’re all greeting at 4:45pm on Saturday as the Staggies march* into the 5th round draw**.

*limp

**out of the cup

An Accies player has not scored from open play in the league since 5 Nov so would be astonished if Ross County don't win.

There will be a boycott by around 70-80 of the most loyal fans so will be a worse atmosphere than normal.

Apparently it is £22 to get in.

Not the most appealing looking game of the season.

screams someone sclaffing a shot into the net from a crap set piece after multiple failed clearances

either side could be the one scoring from that

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

An Accies player has not scored from open play in the league since 5 Nov so would be astonished if Ross County don't win.

There will be a boycott by around 70-80 of the most loyal fans so will be a worse atmosphere than normal.

Apparently it is £22 to get in.

Not the most appealing looking game of the season.

We have a similarly dreadful goal scoring record. We’ve only scored twice in the last six games and only 15 in 22 league games.

All set up for a high scoring game im sure!

On 16/01/2023 at 10:55, Pete the Jakey said:

Right here's the deal:

You let us win, and you can have Ross Callachan back for free.  Who will shake my hand?

Callachan is better than what we have in midfield at the moment.

Anyway, regardless of form County should have enough to beat this Accies team.

We do look more solid defensively since McGowan & Sparrow signed along with a switch to a back 3 but still offer little threat going forward as shown by our win against Morton coming via a penalty.

It's Adults £15 & O-65's/U-18's £5 to get in on Saturday which is pretty reasonable.

Link to buy tickets online below but you can still rock up with cash & PATG too.

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=2447

Edited by cdhafc1874

Its a good price for the game, but I will be giving it a miss. The club treats the fans like shit and McGowan and co have no interest in football, so why should we mere fans give a f**k either. Once McGowan goes, and that aint gonna be anytime soon, will go back to games

There should be a sizeable Accies support; however they will all be in the nearby Bay Horse pub. Dont think many have any intention of going to home games until such times as the bans are lifted.

despite the recent signing of McGowan we are still too lightweight all over the park and the big boys of County will run riot over the top of them.

Accies 0, and you can add your own figure to the County scoreline, personally, I go for 0-3

2 minutes ago, smc4761 said:

Its a good price for the game, but I will be giving it a miss. The club treats the fans like shit and McGowan and co have no interest in football, so why should we mere fans give a f**k either. Once McGowan goes, and that aint gonna be anytime soon, will go back to games

There should be a sizeable Accies support; however they will all be in the nearby Bay Horse pub. Dont think many have any intention of going to home games until such times as the bans are lifted.

despite the recent signing of McGowan we are still too lightweight all over the park and the big boys of County will run riot over the top of them.

Accies 0, and you can add your own figure to the County scoreline, personally, I go for 0-3

I will be back when the bans are lifted but apart from that I agree entirely.

2 hours ago, central staggie said:

Best place to park my slab the morra?

Caird Street car park - massive, free & much easier to get away from after the game than anywhere else.

It's about 10 mins walk from the away turnstiles.

Don't park in Morrisons or the 'underground' car parks next to NDP as it'll take you ages to get back out cos of the queue of cars at the traffic lights after the game.

Edited by cdhafc1874

53 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Caird Street car park - massive, free & much easier to get away from after the game than anywhere else.

It's about 10 mins walk from the away turnstiles.

Don't park in Morrisons or the 'underground' car parks next to NDP as it'll take you ages to get back out cos of the queue of cars at the traffic lights after the game.

Cheers fella.

Accies have tweeted an update on match entry arrangements.

Both sets of fans are in the main stand with Accies fans using turnstiles 4-6 at junction of the stands.

Ross County fans are to use turnstiles 1 & 2 at the Sainsbury's End - that's all the way down in the corner past the front door of the main stand.

13 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Accies have tweeted an update on match entry arrangements.

Both sets of fans are in the main stand with Accies fans using turnstiles 4-6 at junction of the stands.

Ross County fans are to use turnstiles 1 & 2 at the Sainsbury's End - that's all the way down in the corner past the front door of the main stand.

Jeez, this could be like watching a game down the green on a Sunday morning.

Did the BISC get enough interest to run their bus?