🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v The Gl£$ga Gr€tna 🕷🕷

4 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Could be wrong but would guess the difference (£) between winning the championship (or even a top 4 position with play-off revenue) and a mid table finish is more than £20k. As others have said, not worth the risk for us IMO. 

it's all well and good talking about dropping players and losing games so as to win the Championship but a lot could happen between now and April.

There's a long way to go and it's better to take one game at a time.

It wasn't that long ago when Dundee were 15 points ahead in the Championship at Christmas and guess who passed them on their way to winning and promotion.

The Famous Caley of course.

Don't get too carried away as I said to the wife's sister in bed last night.

10 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

While its not a great draw overall as it is most beneficial to have a few more all Premiership ties to reduce the number of top teams in the round after next, neither ICT or QP should fear Livi. While they are going well, its a tie either team can cause problems and potentially win.

The idea that fans of clubs want their team to not bother with the competition based on the draw is crazy, we have seen historically plenty times Championship clubs have made the semi or even the final - like when we beat Falkirk/Hibs v Rangers the season after. With a favorable draw where avoiding Rangers/Celtic or Hearts there is every chance of making further progress.

Personally I want to see us put out a strong team (injury permitting) and get past QP, then head to Livi and give them the best game we can to see what happens.

Mr Coyle’s mantra is “we want to win every game”. I want to win the lottery every week. 

The Challenge Cup game against Raith we switched 9 out of the 10 outfield players, “give them minutes, rest the squad etc.” Well, they had their time and we didn’t have a single shot on target. As for the resting, there were quite a few players in our next game against ICT who were a bit sloppy and off the boil. So I’m unconvinced that experiment was useful, other than prove we’ve lack of depth for a champion campaign.

The Scottish Cup is different. Aside of the money and the obvious, 11th win, it’s a chance for Coyle to match his wit and his squads skills against a Premiership team. If he really wants to win every game, we should be going for this one as hard as we can.

P.S. Haughey has unfinished business with Livingston. Just saying…

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

it's all well and good talking about dropping players and losing games so as to win the Championship but a lot could happen between now and April.

There's a long way to go and it's better to take one game at a time.

It wasn't that long ago when Dundee were 15 points ahead in the Championship at Christmas and guess who passed them on their way to winning and promotion.

The Famous Caley of course.

Don't get too carried away as I said to the wife's sister in bed last night.

Don't think anyone on here is getting carried away and no-one is playing to lose. Instead I think its the complete opposite. 

At the moment the squad depth is not there to properly cover the (injury) loss of certain key players. The games against Dundee and Ayr are way more important (IMO). As you can see from this thread, there is a split of views on the best way foward. Would imagine OC doesnt read this nor care for any views outside his own his team and however he plays it I'll be right behind him

Edited by mcjameos

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

Don't think anyone on here is getting carried away and no-one is playing to lose. Instead I think its the complete opposite. 

At the moment the squad depth is not there to properly cover the (injury) loss of certain key players. The games against Dundee and Ayr are way more important (IMO). As you can see from this thread, there is a split of views on the best way foward. Would imagine OC doesnt read this nor care for any views outside his own his team and however he plays it I'll be right behind him

Indeed, in Coyle we trust.

20 hours ago, approximately dave said:

https://ictfc.com/ticketing-info-queens-park-h-31-01-2023

Main Stand only for home support.

Supporters who bought tickets for the North Stand for the original fixture have the choice of either being reseated in the Main Stand or refunded.

Can't see many NS fans happy with this move to the weather exposed Main stand with rain forecast for Tues night.

Obviously poor ticket sales the cause and the cost of lighting/stewarding the North Stand.

I can see well under a 1000 attending.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Can't see many NS fans happy with this move to the weather exposed Main stand with rain forecast for Tues night.

Obviously poor ticket sales the cause and the cost of lighting/stewarding the North Stand.

I can see well under a 1000 attending.

Yeah, despite this unbeaten run that appears to be trumpeted about just now.........still not selling ourselves as box office just yet.

I suspect the floodlights will be turned off right on the final whistle so bring your own torch.

9 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

We'll see on Tuesday and Friday but we are not playing as well as we were before playing you this month. 

If you have been playing as well as you did in the second half against us at stenny in November up until the end of December then I’m not surprised you’ve had a bit of a drop off. It’s got to be impossible for a Championship side to keep up that level of performance over a prolonged period. A drop was always bound to happen.

That was the best I’ve seen a team play against us in a very very long time and that includes games against the OF.

I highlighted the fact that QP have to take one game at a time in my post at the top of this page, far too much talk of dropping players on the cup game with us to concentrate on league business.

As I said there's a long way to go and the Dundee win was a wake up call.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I highlighted the fact that QP have to take one game at a time in my post at the top of this page, far too much talk of dropping players on the cup game with us to concentrate on league business.

As I said there's a long way to go and the Dundee win was a wake up call.

The Ayr postponement changed the landscape. We can go with a stronger team, knowing that they’ll be travelling north and playing at least 90 minutes. The result at Dens hasn’t changed a thing because there was always a realistic possibility that we could lose the game anyway. 

Yellow weather warning for Tuesday btw. 

Edited by an86

27 minutes ago, an86 said:

The Ayr postponement changed the landscape. We can go with a stronger team, knowing that they’ll be travelling north and playing at least 90 minutes. The result at Dens hasn’t changed a thing because there was always a realistic possibility that we could lose the game anyway. 

Yellow weather warning for Tuesday btw. 

For most teams losing a match is a realistic possibility.

Anyway going by that we could say if we lost the cup game we are free to focus entirely on the league while all the pressure builds on you plus having the added distraction of the next round. Meh! Livingston, been there pumped them out of the cup before, bought the t-shirt etc.

1 minute ago, approximately dave said:

For most teams losing a match is a realistic possibility.

Anyway going by that we could say if we lost the cup game we are free to focus entirely on the league while all the pressure builds on you plus having the added distraction of the next round. Meh! Livingston, been there pumped them out of the cup before, bought the t-shirt etc.

I know, which is why that’s not what has changed my thinking towards this game. My thinking was Ayr were going to have a six day break and we were going to have three games in six days. That’s why I felt we’d probably need to make major changes. Them being in the same boat changes that to a certain extent. 

The Ayr game is the more important, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t desperately want to win this one as well. I’m not travelling up to Inverness on a Tuesday night in January hoping we half arse it. There’s certainly a route for a wee run for both sides with a bit of luck and the right draw. Livi an extremely tough opponent, but not an impossible one. 

It'll be a grim night sitting in that main stand if it's windy and raining. That's bound to put some people off.

I see us resting Simon Murray and only bringing him on if we're losing. Garrett in, I reckon.

We were poor in Saturday with too many passes going astray.

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

High winds, heavy rain, feels like -2 degrees. What can possibly go wrong? 

Wind direction looks unhealthy for home fans🙁 

image.thumb.png.51e2d3e99c5612e0afc25e59c1f24771.png

Always thought it was bonkers that Highland Thistle built the main stand facing into the prevailing wind and down the Great Glen. The weather is as unpredictable as the recent Queen's performances. 

12 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Always thought it was bonkers that Highland Thistle built the main stand facing into the prevailing wind and down the Great Glen. The weather is as unpredictable as the recent Queen's performances. 

It couldn’t be built on the other side due to a gas pipe that is buried under ground.

26 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

It'll be a grim night sitting in that main stand if it's windy and raining. That's bound to put some people off.

I see us resting Simon Murray and only bringing him on if we're losing. Garrett in, I reckon.

We were poor in Saturday with too many passes going astray.

They propose to decant me into the main stand to sit with the Tories and that along with the weather is giving me every disincentive to avoid this game.

I'm seriously considering inventing an excuse such as a family meal to justify a cozy evening.