🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v The Gl£$ga Gr€tna 🕷🕷

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Tomorrows Clach game has also been postponed due to the pie oven being on the blink.

So no football at all this weekend.

Same goes for the NCL. Had a look over at the Clach twitter, not seen them play yet this season. I do like their home top.

Probably most if not all the games off in the north tomorrow, Keith game off so likely the Elgin cup game will follow.

Doesn't leave many football options.

Much media interest and talk on BBC Sport of St Johnstone today on a reported six figure offer for Jordan White who has scored 13 goals in 72 Apps for the minks and then he goes and misses a penalty and puts County out of the cup.

If you ever wondered what is wrong with the Scottish game here it is.

While its not a great draw overall as it is most beneficial to have a few more all Premiership ties to reduce the number of top teams in the round after next, neither ICT or QP should fear Livi. While they are going well, its a tie either team can cause problems and potentially win.

The idea that fans of clubs want their team to not bother with the competition based on the draw is crazy, we have seen historically plenty times Championship clubs have made the semi or even the final - like when we beat Falkirk/Hibs v Rangers the season after. With a favorable draw where avoiding Rangers/Celtic or Hearts there is every chance of making further progress.

Personally I want to see us put out a strong team (injury permitting) and get past QP, then head to Livi and give them the best game we can to see what happens.

48 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

While its not a great draw overall as it is most beneficial to have a few more all Premiership ties to reduce the number of top teams in the round after next, neither ICT or QP should fear Livi. While they are going well, its a tie either team can cause problems and potentially win.

The idea that fans of clubs want their team to not bother with the competition based on the draw is crazy, we have seen historically plenty times Championship clubs have made the semi or even the final - like when we beat Falkirk/Hibs v Rangers the season after. With a favorable draw where avoiding Rangers/Celtic or Hearts there is every chance of making further progress.

Personally I want to see us put out a strong team (injury permitting) and get past QP, then head to Livi and give them the best game we can to see what happens.

I understand your point of view, but I disagree with it. Livingston away is a rubbish draw; it's a very difficult game where progression is unlikely, and it's not exactly a money maker either.

Of course I want us to win every game we play and I'd prefer we did go through, but not at the expense of the league (a competition which we might actually be capable of winning). 

We don't have much depth beyond our starting eleven, so if we were to pick up an injury or two because of the trip to Inverness, 3 days out either side from Dundee away then Ayr at Ochilview, then that'd be very disappointing.

It's just not worth the risk. I'm still going to be heading up for it, but I hope we rest at least 8 or 9 players.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Been a while since I was at the Macaroni, never liked it as we were usually crammed into one end of the stand, parking though not so bad and there is a stadium bar with another couple of bars nearby.

A fifth round win should bring around the £20,000 mark.

Could be wrong but would guess the difference (£) between winning the championship (or even a top 4 position with play-off revenue) and a mid table finish is more than £20k. As others have said, not worth the risk for us IMO. 

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

neither ICT or QP should fear Livi. While they are going well, its a tie either team can cause problems and potentially win.

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Livingston away is a rubbish draw; it's a very difficult game where progression is unlikely, and it's not exactly a money maker either.

We don't tend to do well in the Scottish Cup, haven't made the quarter final in about 20 years and not uncommon for us to be knocked out by teams in divisions below. Add to that we just stunk the place out for about 50 minutes against a League 2 side. Inverness have already beaten us at home this season too (albeit in the pre-season kick about cup).

Financially for the club and as a day out for fans however, shite.

Edited by LiviLion

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

It's just not worth the risk. I'm still going to be heading up for it, but I hope we rest at least 8 or 9 players.

Fair play for still making the trip up 

16 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

We don't tend to do well in the Scottish Cup, haven't made the quarter final in about 20 years and not uncommon for us to be knocked out by teams in divisions below. Add to that we just stunk the place out for about 50 minutes against a League 2 side. Inverness have already beaten us at home this season too (albeit in the pre-season kick about cup).

Financially for the club and as a day out for fans however, shite.

To be fair I wouldn’t take much from that game back in July. Had a proper friendly kick about feel to it. Although we did knock you out in 2019(?) I think.

Selfishly, I don’t mind Livi as it’s only a 20 minute drive for me. Can’t see us beating QP at the moment anyway 

21 minutes ago, an86 said:

Ghastly draw from a day out perspective. Certainly one that either side could cause an upset in, though.

Indeed & I'd certainly like to see us put out a stronger XI against Inverness then we did against Raith in the Diddy Cup. But I certainly wouldn't be having Murray Thomas or Savoury starting.

41 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Indeed & I'd certainly like to see us put out a stronger XI against Inverness then we did against Raith in the Diddy Cup. But I certainly wouldn't be having Murray Thomas or Savoury starting.

I’ve changed my mind now that Ayr are in exactly the same boat with a long midweek journey. Strongest XI for me. There’s a path to the quarters for both sides there. Wee bit of luck of the draw and rub of the green and you could find yourself at Hampden for the semis.

17 minutes ago, an86 said:

I’ve changed my mind now that Ayr are in exactly the same boat with a long midweek journey. Strongest XI for me. There’s a path to the quarters for both sides there. Wee bit of luck of the draw and rub of the green and you could find yourself at Hampden for the semis.

Good point about Ayr. I think the result against Dundee will influence decisions as no points makes the Ayr game more crucial. Probably completely wrong and would explain why its Coyle and not me thats in charge. Either way I trust Coyle will make the right call.