🔵 🔴 Inverness CT v The Gl£$ga Gr€tna 🕷🕷

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

An outstanding record achieved three centuries back against massive teams such as Renton, Clydesdale, Vale of Leven, Thornliebank and Third Lanark etc.

Achieved playing with shorts down to their ankles, bunnets, tackety boots, and beards down to their navels.

Those were the days when sheep shagging was an acceptable form of social life and men ran amock at the sight of a womans ankle.

No need to lock away your womenfolk. We've put on a free truck to bring our own sheep🐑🐑

I see Owen Coyle has defended himself for his disgraceful post match comments about Inverness CT claiming that we are a counter-attacking team and also made comments about Billy McKay. https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/5288770/queens-park-boss-owen-coyle-apologises-after-caley-thistle-head-coach-billy-dodds-irked-by-comments/

So is Coyle correct and Dodds is over reacting or is Dodds correct and Coyle is out of order?

Manager bingo - "disrespected" "disgraceful"..  A blind man could see that ICT played with everyone behind the ball and attacked on the counter. And it worked; that's the best anyone has played against us for months.  Dodds got his tactics spot on.

McKay is indeed a great player "at this level". If he was a top striker at Premier level, he'd be playing there. 

Coyle has conducted himself really well in his time at QP and gives opposition every respect. Dodds is coming out with a load of pish for the papers.

He should be out on the pitch sweeping the snow off it rather than spending his time spouting nonsense like a wee immature fanny.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

29 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I see Owen Coyle has defended himself for his disgraceful post match comments about Inverness CT claiming that we are a counter-attacking team and also made comments about Billy McKay. https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/5288770/queens-park-boss-owen-coyle-apologises-after-caley-thistle-head-coach-billy-dodds-irked-by-comments/

So is Coyle correct and Dodds is over reacting or is Dodds correct and Coyle is out of order?

I’d just assumed Coyle had done a separate interview to the one I seen after the game when I heard about this, Dodds is impressively rattled.

Absolute state of Dodds with those comments. Totally misinterpreted as it’s abundantly clear that Coyle isn’t disrespecting Inverness whatsoever.

Coyle is correct in what he says. Billy McKay in 2023 is indeed a very decent championship striker, you can’t say he’s a top premiership player anymore and there’s no shame in that. Inverness did play counter attacking football for large spells also which again there’s no shame as we’re an excellent team going forward. 

Coyle is generally incredibly respectful of any opposition in his post match interviews. Surprised Dodds is in tears over this

I see the re-arranged date is scheduled for Tuesday 31st January, which is just before our Friday night TV fixture vs Ayr United and would mean three games in seven days. Coyle was keen to make wholesale changes vs Raith Rovers due to the Wednesday to Saturday turnaround ahead of last week's league fixture, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us play a weakened side if this does get postponed.

Given the recent games called off elsewhere with short notice, doing an early inspection is welcomed. While over the following 24 hours the situation may change (in either way) if a holistic view is taken of travel conditions and local to the stadium, it saves the QP fans the potentially wasted & dangerous journey up the A9 for nothing, especially those who may plan to head up later today (hopefully any hotels or accommodation would be sympathetic in refunding or changing dates)

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Absolutely no danger of this being ready by high noon. Freezing all night and morning.

I'd imagine our visitors requested this early inspection if it is arranged prior to them travelling.

If that's the case it is a misstep that plays right into Billy Dodds' master tactician plan.

Through exhaustive debate it has been objectively established that having better and more players available is directly proportional to positive performance.

These extra days, in terms of recovery from injury, may well prove to be significant in the context of this tie.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

especially those who may plan to head up later today (hopefully any hotels or accommodation would be sympathetic in refunding or changing dates)

Strongly suspect this is the key driver. Very likely our team are booked in somewhere. Most hotels have a 4pm-day-before policy, hence the early shout. And then there’s coach hire.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I'd imagine our visitors requested this early inspection if it is arranged prior to them travelling.

If that's the case it is a misstep that plays right into Billy Dodds' master tactician plan.

Through exhaustive debate it has been objectively established that having better and more players available is directly proportional to positive performance.

These extra days, in terms of recovery from injury, may well prove to be significant in the context of this tie.

If our chances of progress in the cup are dependent on Billy Dodds’ master tactician plan, I’m comfortable we’ll be in the next round. But these delays can make a difference. It’s happened to us in previous years in league games. Not only players coming back is a risk, but we’re at the stage of the season where a few key defenders/midfielders are starting to rack up bookings.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

15 hours ago, approximately dave said:

I can see nothing in Coyle's remarks which borders on antagonism or disrespect, his take on the game, for me, was insightful and correct, he has been around in management for a long time and knows well the do's and dont's.

The remark on Billy was correct, he was released by a Premier club and was not taken up by another, he has done well for us.