Hibernian v Hearts

Lyle Lanley

5 minutes ago, Zing. said:

This is going to be fucking horrible. Could end up with LJ getting sacked so there’s the silver lining in our inevitable pumping. 

If he’s still there if we lose then the club are out of fucking touch with the supporters. 

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

JDH is now a doubt. Cadden and Hanlon are 50/50.

We’re gonna start Porteous in midfield, Campbell at right back and Fish again aren’t we. 

Not buying it tbf. If there was ever a game to play through the pain barrier, it's this one. Unless the players hate LJ that much, then it will absolutely happen.

22 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

On paper we should be winning this. We are in good form without really hitting top gear performance wise and are scoring goals for fun, 18 in our last 7, plus Hibs look an absolute rabble at the back and in midfield. 

Yet I have a horrible nagging feeling I can't shake that this is going to be far closer than the majority expect. 

I do think if we can put a full 90 minute performance in we are capable of winning comfortably, and our depth off the bench is great, but Hibs carry a goal threat. If they get the first it'd be interesting to see how we'd react.

I'm reluctant to post this, but I honestly can't remember looking forward to a derby less than this. :lol:

If you want the superstitious/nonsense explanation, this is just a game we absolutely don't need. It's coming at a time where things are going really well in the league and we've already got the bragging rights. We've won bigger derbies in recent years so this one wouldn't seem that special, whereas if we lose it has the potential to be a huge distraction for the rest of the season. It's a bit like the cup ties in 2016 and 2017 when we were in the league above, feels like there's much more to lose than to gain. In 2018 and 2020 the roles were reversed and we won.

On the football side, yes we're the better team, but it's 6th v 3rd - not the massive gulf that's being made out. And derbies are a bit different, but we haven't won away to anyone in the top 7 yet this season. They've also got a striker in brilliant form while we've struggled for periods in most of our recent games and generally got out of them unscathed.

One thing that gives me some confidence is Lee Johnson. Aside from being a bit shite, he's just not the kind of personality you want leading your team into a big derby. I'd be more worried if they had a Stubbs/Lennon type to get them fired up. 

Team selection-wise it'll also be interesting to see what Neilson does with Kingsley because I find it hard to see him changing anything at the back. I don't see him making any changes actually, although I wouldn't be averse to starting with another body in midfield.

Rumours of Nisbet carrying a knock which would be good news considering he's the only thing on that Hibs team that even slightly resembles a football player.

Hearing from loads of Hearts pals they've got tickets in the home end and got offered one, f**k being in the wrong end for a derby, sounds like torture. 

48 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Hearing from loads of Hearts pals they've got tickets in the home end

I will let you know on Monday, however it sounds a bit implausible unless -

They are already on Hibs database and have previously bought tickets from Hibs - which they wont have done.

Hibs fans have given them "loads of tickets" - who would do that?

The only exception is if they buy a hospitality ticket, so in summary it sounds like a bit of a fairy story.

I agree with your final point, watching a match from the opposition end is something I would never do.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I will let you know on Monday, however it sounds a bit implausible unless -

They are already on Hibs database and have previously bought tickets from Hibs - which they wont have done.

Hibs fans have given them "loads of tickets" - who would do that?

The only exception is if they buy a hospitality ticket, so in summary it sounds like a bit of a fairy story.

I agree with your final point, watching a match from the opposition end is something I would never do.

The guys I know that have got tickets are all via hibs mates (which is stupid from the hibs guys) but also hearing the Ross County game as a way to have a purchase history, all sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

The guys I know that have got tickets are all via hibs mates (which is stupid from the hibs guys) but also hearing the Ross County game as a way to have a purchase history, all sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

We hear this nonsense occasionally from Rangers and Celtic fans too.

The reason I call bullshit on most of these stories is that any purchases (by Hibs fans) are the responsibility of the account holder. Any issues (inc your mates being thrown out) will be traced back to that account holder.

I simply dont believe the story that people bought a ticket for an away match at Ross County to get on the database.

However, as I said lets see - and imo anyone that does circumvent the system deserves whatever comes their way.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

Hearing from loads of Hearts pals they've got tickets in the home end and got offered one 

We hear this pish every time the attendance is not going to be anywhere near as low as Hearts fans like to pretend it's going to be.

Edited by StellarHibee

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Suspended

I'm interested to know, from a Hibs perspective is that generally a good or a bad thing? Any time I've seen him play I've always felt there's a player in there, but he makes a lot of bad decisions. Surprised he isn't sent off more TBH 

1 minute ago, Stylish Kid said:

I'm interested to know, from a Hibs perspective is that generally a good or a bad thing? Any time Ive seen him play I've always felt there's a player in there, but he makes a lot of bad decisions. Surprised he isn't sent off more TBH 

He has decent ball skills but hides too much for my liking.

Problem is that our midfield is very thin already tomorrow - if it wasnt for that I wouldnt give a toss about him being out.

33 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I'm interested to know, from a Hibs perspective is that generally a good or a bad thing? Any time I've seen him play I've always felt there's a player in there, but he makes a lot of bad decisions. Surprised he isn't sent off more TBH 

Honestly a superb thing.

He’s an incredibly average player that regularly slows us down with unnecessary petulance, and he regularly goes missing when the going gets tough.

He’s also a horrible human being aswell, the fact he’s been at the club for the whole of this incredibly crap period of our history says it all really.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

He has decent ball skills but hides too much for my liking.

Problem is that our midfield is very thin already tomorrow - if it wasnt for that I wouldnt give a toss about him being out.

The bad news is he may start Henderson. 

49DE0F06-18AE-4F85-97C7-A3C1197A6CC6.gif

41 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Honestly a superb thing.

He’s an incredibly average player that regularly slows us down with unnecessary petulance, and he regularly goes missing when the going gets tough.

He’s also a horrible human being aswell, the fact he’s been at the club for the whole of this incredibly crap period of our history says it all really.

A passenger in most games.