Hibernian v Hearts

Lyle Lanley

4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Doesn't really matter. It's our job to take the piss, it's your job to insist you're not bovvered.

This is the life we have chosen.

That’s fair. 

Although I conceded I was an absolutely seething mess half an hour ago or so. I already lost this serious internet business. 

On 20/01/2023 at 07:03, Leith Green said:

Tragically, I am not even drinking ahead of this one, as I have to jump in the car straight after and get back in time for a birthday dinner (mine, as it happens 🥳).

Hibs in poor form, Hearts scoring for fun, Robbie never won at Easter Road, my birthday cake awaits.....................

What can possibly go wrong in this scenario?  🙄

Happy Birthday LG

(well apart from the obvious)

1 hour ago, Austin McCann said:

We've just won a second derby in the space of a few weeks and are having a bit of a laugh and a rangers fan is upset. Gies a fucking break. 🙃

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

The concept of having fun is alien to OF fans. The lad's just clueless.

C**t's probably not even from Glasgow.

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

He's definitely had to earn some trust back after a couple of stupid reds 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think a lot of people have their view of him clouded (fairly or unfairly) by his two reckless red cards.

Zurich was the obvious one (although I'm all fairness to him, the ref had a mare and probably would have given that one had it been the opposition), what was the other? Was it in the closing stages of a match? Can't quite remember?

Delighted for Sibbick, he was unlucky not to get one last time out, so this was deserved. I can't believe he had 2 attempts - the first wasn't bad either. Incredible fitness too to gallop up the pitch like that at the end (twice!!! 😱

I think the fact that Nisbet didn't do much isn't a reflection on him, more on how well we've played. He's been on red hot form since he came back - except against us. 

Possibly rode our luck a little with the woodwork, but we've won which was the most important thing 

19 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Zurich was the obvious one (although I'm all fairness to him, the ref had a mare and probably would have given that one had it been the opposition), what was the other? Was it in the closing stages of a match? Can't quite remember?

No, it was after about half an hour against Motherwell at home. We went onto win obviously.

It was slightly harsh but he gave the referee the opportunity and he'd got away with a couple of worse challenges earlier in the season.

I thought Hearts were poor in possession until the subs, don't think we got going at all.

Defensively we were solid and hibs didn't feel like they were going to score despite them being the better team.

Nisbet I think is a good player but was never going to get the space he got against Motherwell and united today. We defended the box well today.

Hibs fans will be unhappy with the result but their team put in a shift, they just lack quality. Porteous away, bushiri injured and Nisbet being touted for a move suggests anothersquad revamp needed, not sure LJ is who id have doing it.

Two great second half goals by Shankland and Sibbick.

What made those goals even better was that they were scored at the Hearts end.

You just can’t beat seeing those limbs young and old celebrating at your rivals ground.

The last goal with 10men was fcuking sublime! 

I watched a number of no score bores from the EPL over the weekend.

Those two goals would not have looked out of place if scored by top class players in that country.

I know people knock our game but it’s great but would be even better if the bigot brothers would just fcuk off and die.

Edited by Molotov

31 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Two great second half goals by Shankland and Sibbick.

What made those goals even better was that they were scored at the Hearts end.

You just can’t beat seeing those limbs young and old celebrating at your rivals ground.

The last goal with 10men was fcuking sublime! 

I watched a number of no score bores from the EPL over the weekend.

Those two goals would not have looked out of place if scored by top class players in that country.

I know people knock our game but it’s great but would be even better if the bigot brothers would just fcuk off and die.

Aye, 2 real quality goals.

Humphreys caused chaos when he came on and got Hearts right up the park. His wee lay off for Shankland was perfect.

Then Sibbick actually threatened to do something similar 10 minutes before his goal - some pace on him.

We were poor on the ball for about an hour, however we pretty much sussed out that if you isolate Nisbet and sit off Hibs they aren't good enough to actually do much.

We defended well and then the subs changed the game. Humphrys added physicality and an out ball, and Grant going into the middle allowed Devlin to press about 15 yards higher up. 

The goals were quality. Overall a thoroughly deserved win without being at our best. Will take it every day.

Only blemish was Shankland's red which was a joke. Never touched him and is entitled to go for it. Ref fell for Bushiri's rolling about.

Something which I really liked was that Neilson has had previous for making poor substitutes in games like this, but he got them absolutely spot on in this game. Cochrane wasn't himself today and was struggling against Youan, McKay probably had his worst game in a hearts jersey and Humphreys just added a presence up top, plus Grant I thought really showed up off the bench.

Edited by the jambo-rocker