Hibernian v Hearts

Lyle Lanley

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’d actually expected it to be easier 

Lee Johnson may deserve a lot of criticism but that Hibs side stubbornly refused to crumble as quickly as expected. They’re not very good but they were well and truly up for it.

In hindsight it may have been better to  off sooner. Once we were in front attacking  was going to be all about running into the space Hibs left behind. In a blood and thunder environment like that McKay’s lock picking intricacies weren’t so useful and Hibs were able to bully him out of the game

Humphrys on the other hand may have weaknesses in his  game but getting bullied easily is not one of them

He's missed two sitters in recent weeks but that assist for Shankland was class. Real footballing intelligence there.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

You’re proving my point for me. Some of the comments being made have you sounding like an entitled Rangers or Celtic fan.

We've just won a second derby in the space of a few weeks and are having a bit of a laugh and a rangers fan is upset. Gies a fucking break. 🙃

We were not great at all for the first hour there, but I felt strangely relaxed about it. Lots of crosses, and shots from in and around the box from Hibs but very little quality and although we were sailing too close to the wind for my liking, I never got the sense they were about to score.. The back three did their jobs very well and we look solid defensively all of a sudden. Rowles and Sibbick in particular were immense.

Lack of ability to build through the midfield was the main issue for us but I thought Grant and Humphrys helped us get a grip of the game when they came on. Grant is a tidy player who's a bit underrated IMO and Humphrys gave us someone for Shankland to play off. I think that's a better blueprint for away games than the 3-4-3 with Gino and McKay where the front three can get a bit isolated.

Buzzing after that. Seeing Shankland smash home a beautiful non-penalty goal and then Sibbick just going "f**k it, I'm scoring here" for the third was just beautiful. I take back what I said before the game about it not being a massive deal if we win: that was class.

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Grant is a tidy player who's a bit underrated IMO

Can't make up my mind about him. He has nice flashes in games, but I don't think he offers enough to start. I think a lot of people have their view of him clouded (fairly or unfairly) by his two reckless red cards.

He's not as guff as some folk say, for sure.

22 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

We've just won a second derby in the space of a few weeks and are having a bit of a laugh and a rangers fan is upset. Gies a fucking break. 🙃

20 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

The concept of having fun is alien to OF fans. The lad's just clueless.

It’s an opinion formed over a longer period than just today. You’re seeing comments like “the rest of Scottish football need to get their houses in order and give us a challenge…” and the like just comes across as obnoxious rather than enjoying a derby win, which is never an issue.

Edited by AJF

40 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, Hearts fans* are quickly becoming pretty obnoxious. It makes you want to avoid giving the team their, deserved, plaudits.

*some of them, anyway

Can't speak for everyone but most Hearts fans are being deliberately OTT because it's winding up Hibs/Aberdeen fans, just having a laugh really.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Can't speak for everyone but most Hearts fans are being deliberately OTT because it's winding up Hibs/Aberdeen fans, just having a laugh really.

That may be the case, to be fair. It’s hard to tell via written text if sarcasm or another meaning is intended 😅

Edited by AJF

Absolutely beautiful result, delighted that we are in the next round, was feeling nervous for some reason today, just felt like we had everything to lose and the pressure was off hibs which usually makes the game that bit more difficult,

by all accounts I have only watched the highlights but from what I can see from our players,  is there is a real togetherness and band of brothers type bond forming in our squad, It's geniunely great to see the players so happy and supportive to each other when they score and we win etc, 

I feel like this could potentially turn into a cup winning squad, maybe not this season but definitely within the next couple of seasons I believe we will win something, 

Delighted for Shankland to hit 20 in a season, but actually even more delighted for Toby Sibbick to put in that level of performance and cap it off with a goal, he really deserved that and is turning into a real rock at the back for us 👏👍

Just a fantastic day and win!

Just now, AJF said:

That may be the case, to be fair. It’s hard to tell via written text if sarcasm or another meaning is intended 😅

I hope its sarcasm more than entitlement anyway 😂

I've never heard any Hearts fans say that the rest of the league need to up their game ect. Although I don't doubt there'll be a few.

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Can't make up my mind about him. He has nice flashes in games, but I don't think he offers enough to start. I think a lot of people have their view of him clouded (fairly or unfairly) by his two reckless red cards.

He's not as guff as some folk say, for sure.

He's maybe less capable of the spectacular than McKay, but he has a habit of taking a good first touch, making space and finding a team-mate. He's definitely had to earn some trust back after a couple of stupid reds but I think he has something to offer, especially in games where we might otherwise going to struggle to get a grip of midfield.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s an opinion formed over a longer period than just today. You’re seeing comments like “the rest of Scottish football need to get their houses in order and give us a challenge…” and the like just comes across as obnoxious rather than enjoying a derby win, which is never an issue.

Tell me you can't spot folk taking the piss without telling me you can't spot folk taking the piss.

Fucking hell 😀

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

It’s obviously a joke tbh - I think you may be overestimating how much it’s winding people up though.