Hibernian v Hearts

Lyle Lanley

On paper we should be winning this. We are in good form without really hitting top gear performance wise and are scoring goals for fun, 18 in our last 7, plus Hibs look an absolute rabble at the back and in midfield. 

Yet I have a horrible nagging feeling I can't shake that this is going to be far closer than the majority expect. 

I do think if we can put a full 90 minute performance in we are capable of winning comfortably, and our depth off the bench is great, but Hibs carry a goal threat. If they get the first it'd be interesting to see how we'd react.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

On paper we should be winning this. We are in good form without really hitting top gear performance wise and are scoring goals for fun, 18 in our last 7, plus Hibs look an absolute rabble at the back and in midfield. 

Yet I have a horrible nagging feeling I can't shake that this is going to be far closer than the majority expect. 

I do think if we can put a full 90 minute performance in we are capable of winning comfortably, and our depth off the bench is great, but Hibs carry a goal threat. If they get the first it'd be interesting to see how we'd react.

Have you seen our defence and midfield in recent weeks? If you can’t beat us on Sunday then Neilson should be sacked. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Have you seen our defence and midfield in recent weeks? If you can’t beat us on Sunday then Neilson should be sacked. 

It's exactly that kind of expectation that's giving me the fear. We should win. But we also are capable of chucking in a stinking half like St Mirren away and I worry it could hurt us in a one off game.

I'm also not saying I don't think we'll win, but I'm not playing the old "form goes out the window" card either. Normally if we are playing well and you aren't I'm very confident of derbies. For some reason that's not there just now. Maybe it will come as the game gets closer.

Tragically, I am not even drinking ahead of this one, as I have to jump in the car straight after and get back in time for a birthday dinner (mine, as it happens 🥳).

Hibs in poor form, Hearts scoring for fun, Robbie never won at Easter Road, my birthday cake awaits.....................

What can possibly go wrong in this scenario?  🙄

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Tragically, I am not even drinking ahead of this one, as I have to jump in the car straight after and get back in time for a birthday dinner (mine, as it happens 🥳).

Hibs in poor form, Hearts scoring for fun, Robbie never won at Easter Road, my birthday cake awaits.....................

What can possibly go wrong in this scenario?  🙄

If Hibs win I suspect someone may not make their own birthday party.

I'm sure you'll be fine though.

Aye I’m doing a few weeks off the drink until next weekend so it’ll be my first sober derby since the 2018 horrendous 0-0 game at Tynie where Lennon got hit by a coin and Kamberi got sent off.

However if Hibs somehow do fluke a 1-0 win then I’ll definitely be breaking my sobriety and spend my Sunday being a menace in the pubs of Leith Walk followed by my Monday getting absolutely 0 work done due to over indulgence.

14 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

You do not need a full 90 minute performance and you never have needed one in a derby. 

What you need is your two customary screamers that ping in from nowhere or a scrappy stramash that ends with an unknown player scoring.

The rest of the game you can actively be trying to sabotage yourselves and you still won't lose. See last year's semi final for more.

13 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

We've yet to win a game at ER under Robbie, which is where any nervousness comes from.  We should be winning it but like TW said, we've every chance of throwing in a shocker and Hibs winning isn't exactly the biggest cup shock ever.

I think we'll win right enough

Somewhat amusingly, Neilson is in the stand for this one.

I'm confident, our team is in good shape and we are finding the back of the net. Hibs will have a somewhat makeshift midfield aswell. 

I thought Mcgeady looked sharp at Tynecastle second half and Youan I think is a hood player but my hibs matesaren't keen. Nisbet is in fine form, he's the worry I suppose. 

18 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

If that was to happen, there will be calls for his head, guaranteed.