Hibernian v Hearts

Lyle Lanley

54 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

tbh, I am hoping its the first match he isnt in charge..................

Could see it getting pretty nasty next Sunday if we are losing. Yesterday's reaction to the result at full time summed it up. 

Hibs will not be as toothless as they were in the first half v us at Tynecastle. As the home team I expect they will attack us from the start (to do otherwise would surely send their support in to a bit of a fury at home), so we need to be set up to exploit any spaces left in midfield and at the back when they do.  Fast attacking players needed on the pitch from the off. Kuol, Ginnelly and McKay are fast, so I would like to see at least one of them on the park at all times, with Shankland there beside them.

I think this one could go the distance. I hope that is to our advantage, as we must be more confident than them at the moment, and hopefully we are better equipped to deal with the pressure of extra time.

With Hibs at the moment, it looks more like they have a few individual players who could hurt us if they are given chances - like Nisbet or Magennis. HMFC are playing well as a team most of the time, so I am hopeful we can deal with their danger men, while staying organised and dominating possession. 

1-1 after regular time

2-2 after extra time

HMFC through on penalties

Edited by Kyle Reese

6 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Hibs will not be as toothless as they were in the first half v us at Tynecastle. As the home team I expect they will attack us from the start (to do otherwise would surely send their support in to a bit of a fury at home), so we need to be set up to exploit any spaces left in midfield and at the back when they do.  Fast attacking players needed on the pitch from the off. Kuol, Ginnelly and McKay are fast, so I would like to see at least one of them on the park at all times, with Shankland there beside them.

I think this one could go the distance. I hope that is to our advantage, as we must be more confident than them at the moment, and hopefully we are better equipped to deal with the pressure of extra time.

With Hibs at the moment, it looks more like they have a few individual players who could hurt us if they are given chances - like Nisbet or Magennis. HMFC are playing well as a team most of the time, so I am hopeful we can deal with their danger men, while staying organised and dominating possession. 

1-1 after regular time

2-2 after extra time

HMFC through on penalties

No doubt we will play Will Fish and Porteous bin midfield again. 

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

No doubt we will play Will Fish and Porteous bin midfield again. 

“bin midfield” … Freudian slip?

Joking aside, has Porteous not been doing quite well when played in the middle? I’ve not been paying too much attention recently, but read a few positive comments from when he was first moved there.

2 hours ago, Slim Charles. said:

Prediction 

tynecastle-park-edinburghscotland-uk-9th-april-22-hearts-vs-hibernian-cinch-premiership-match-hibern-als-hearts-credit-eric-mccowatalamy-live-news-2J3RKDA.thumb.jpg.b371249d02caf5a94c47a24332be5284.jpgIMG_0969.PNG.a97609738a7f65f48579f6aa7ec5a7d1.PNG.92762fbcbd5b46411b071705b768c084.PNG

See you outside the West after the game. 

4 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

“bin midfield” … Freudian slip?

Joking aside, has Porteous not been doing quite well when played in the middle? I’ve not been paying too much attention recently, but read a few positive comments from when he was first moved there.

He's only playing there due to us not having anyone else. Hopefully he's in the back 4 on Sunday and get JDH starting. 

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

Hearts long hoofs antics and throws into the box strategy won't even begin to dent the defensive talents of Will Fish and whatever striker we choose to play at right back on the day.

If he starts again, I will just leave and stand outside for the entire game instead.