Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 Vs Dunfermline Athletic ⚪️⚫️

jagfox

Having previously being disappointed with the draw I’m now really looking to this.  Proper test to see how much we have improved and how much is just down to playing league 1 shite weekly.

With the assumption the dens park swimming pool won’t be playable on Tuesday I’d go 3-5-2 with the only questions being who plays LCB and who to play up front.  Wighton and McCann for me, not bothered if it’s Breen or comrie in defence.

Is the Colin weir stand the old main stand?

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Think a cup upset will happen here and the minnows from Fife will win.

I think it'll be close. Dunfermline look to be fairly comfortably winning league 1, we should have enough with hopefully tiff back though so ill edge it 2-1 thistle

6 hours ago, Reid said:

Think a cup upset will happen here and the minnows from Fife will win.

I get what you mean. Not sure Dunfermline beating us in the cup is an upset though, as that seems to be the norm. 
Docherty will be missing, Lawless and Graham might not have recovered. Reckon, it will be a close contest, but hope our home form will continue.

I've not really kept up with the Championship this season, however a few weeks back it seemed that following a good start Partick had lost about 100 games in a row, seem to have really steadied the ship though and are now one of the form teams. Championship seems wild this year. 

Partick to win 2-0, Tiffoney to score at least one. 

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not confident at all but might venture through if we aren't in the old Main Stand and the prices are reasonable.

You are, and it's £20 entry 😂

26 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Yes mate.

that's a bit shite,  I don't get it,  We've been comfortably accommodated in jackie husband whenever we've been given it and its a much better experience.  Why would you go to the extra expense of opening another stand to provide a worse view?  I highly doubt partick are in the position of top end clubs who can afford to actively discourage away fans.

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

You are, and it's £20 entry 😂

Was considering it, but dodged it because of that and it’ll be fucking freezing. Partick’s pitch still looks a state from last season, so the quality will be utter guff as well.
Couldn’t care less about the result. Main focus is keeping our squad fit and ready to push on to win the league. 

Our pitch should be fine. 

This is the sort of game where I'd love the draw for the next round to be made in advance of the game.

Away to the winner of Elgin vs Drumchapel if we win? Go balls out to win. Away to the winner of St Mirren vs Dundee? f**k that. 

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

that's a bit shite,  I don't get it,  We've been comfortably accommodated in jackie husband whenever we've been given it and its a much better experience.  Why would you go to the extra expense of opening another stand to provide a worse view?  I highly doubt partick are in the position of top end clubs who can afford to actively discourage away fans.

I’m not sure what the current protocol is but for a while we only opened the CW stand for clubs we expected to bring a sizeable away support at that time, ie Dunfermline. That stand has been in desperate need of attention for years though, so your criticisms are definitely valid. 

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Partick’s pitch still looks a state from last season, so the quality will be utter guff as well.

The pitch is fine, it’s absolutely nowhere near close to the state it was at this time last season. 

11 hours ago, JagsCG said:

I’m not sure what the current protocol is but for a while we only opened the CW stand for clubs we expected to bring a sizeable away support at that time, ie Dunfermline. That stand has been in desperate need of attention for years though, so your criticisms are definitely valid. 

The pitch is fine, it’s absolutely nowhere near close to the state it was at this time last season. 

I guess the section allocated to away supporters in the JH could only take about 300 or so. I guess it is expected that Dunfermline will bring more than that, which will be the reason the Colin Weir stand is being used.