Cove vs Raith, 14/1/23

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Every single sub made us significantly weaker. Making them even earlier would’ve left us with a weaker team for a longer period of time. The lack of depth in the squad is shafting us every single week, we need more bodies but have zero money. 

Or a miracle cure for our crocked players.

Today's outfield options on the bench consisted of two players that were loaned out to a League 2 and Highland League side respectively (ergo: the manager thinks they are not ready for this level) and 4 players that otherwise see very little game. 

I am not really sure what changing earlier would've done. 

Better team most of that game but we can’t score when it matters and put teams away and we definitely can’t fucking defend corners. This will be unpopular but bored with this Frederiksen worship already. People calling for him to come on from the first half onwards is tedious. Get behind the players on the park. 

When he finally comes on, what’s his most significant contribution? Handing Cove possession in injury time by trying a fucking wonder goal instead of retaining the ball or taking it to the corner flag. Cove then go upfield and get the equaliser. A lot of errors after Frederiksen gave them the ball but Cove only had the ball because of his stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Same could be said about what's on the pitch

We deserve to be where we are, we have no money to even compete now. It kinda leaves us teetering on a relegation battle.  And btw I hated even typing that. 

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We did absolutely fine second half. You can’t legislate for Frederiksen trying to shoot from the half way line with 30 seconds to go instead of keeping the ball. Pathetic stuff  

I think that Gullan should have been withdrawn about the 60 minute mark if we're manging his time to prevent issues. We do that, and bring on Frederiksen, Mitchell or McBride for fresh legs, and it changes things a bit. Change out Vaughan around the 70 minute mark for another set of fresh legs.  I dislike the use of Mitchell for Easton, as an AM like Arnott seems a better match, Mitchell for Easton is changing a formation that is getting chances. I agree Little John should have held the ball up.

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Time Murray had a long hard look at his game plan, this conceeding in the final minutes is happening all to often 

Haven’t we only lost one late goal all season, which was against Morton? Stretching it to call a Dundee goal in the 78 minute the ‘final minutes’.

Big of an overreaction in here for me. Incredibly frustrating to throw 2 points away at the death, costing what would have been a huge win. However, we’re 7 unbeaten and starting to play better. Legs were bound to be tired after a tough game on Wednesday with limited numbers, the squad is running on fumes at this point with injuries to key players hampering what was already a light squad.

Think we can kiss any vague promotion hopes goodbye after this run, a pretty kind run of fixtures sees us unbeaten in 5 but with only one win. We’ve taken the lead in all five, blown it four times  

Much tougher next 5 with bogey team Caley, Arbroath away and then three of the top 4. 

Lost far too many second balls all over the pitch, midfield were deep and far too weak at times, allowed Cove to pressure us. Was never a penalty, the exact same foul that resulted in their free kick, two hands on the back and this time it was given as a hand ball. Cove worked their equaliser well, but it ultimately came from our decision to shoot from 40 yards instead of adopting any game management and holding it up. That being said, defend, clear your lines. 

As for the ref, Wilson is always poor, believes everyone is there to see him. 

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Think we can kiss any vague promotion hopes goodbye after this run, a pretty kind run of fixtures sees us unbeaten in 5 but with only one win. We’ve taken the lead in all five, blown it four times  

Much tougher next 5 with bogey team Caley, Arbroath away and then three of the top 4. 

The next 5 league games look very tough, would be surprised if we’re not sucked right into the battle at the bottom by the end of it. Would bite your hand off to match the 6 points we took from the same set of fixtures earlier in the season.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I think that Gullan should have been withdrawn about the 60 minute mark if we're manging his time to prevent issues. We do that, and bring on Frederiksen, Mitchell or McBride for fresh legs, and it changes things a bit. Change out Vaughan around the 70 minute mark for another set of fresh legs.  I dislike the use of Mitchell for Easton, as an AM like Arnott seems a better match, Mitchell for Easton is changing a formation that is getting chances. I agree Little John should have held the ball up.

It doesn't necessarily change things for the better.

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

I'd already given up on any of that. For me it's grind out mid table obscurity if possible. 

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

Anyone who even earlier today harboured hopes of promotion needs to take some time out. We've been out of that competition for weeks. Yes I know we're only X points out of playoffs, but few teams, if any, are as inconsistent and careless as us.

28 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Time Murray had a long hard look at his game plan, this conceeding in the final minutes is happening all to often 

How many times have we done that though? The only other one I can think of is the Morton away match. 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Anyone who even earlier today harboured hopes of promotion needs to take some time out. We've been out of that competition for weeks. Yes I know we're only X points out of playoffs, but few teams, if any, are as inconsistent and careless as us.

We would have been 2 points off 4th with half a season to go.  That was a huge 2 points dropped today.  

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

How many times have we done that though? The only other one I can think of is the Morton away match. 

I was going back to the McGlynn days as well, but our inability to defend set pieces  is the biggest problem and scoring at the other end is another

10 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

The next 5 league games look very tough, would be surprised if we’re not sucked right into the battle at the bottom by the end of it. Would bite your hand off to match the 6 points we took from the same set of fixtures earlier in the season.

Yeah it would have been useful to get another couple of points buffer. Having said that, we are still 7 ahead of Cove, 11 ahead of Arbroath and 14 ahead of Hamilton with 14 matches left. 

The Arbroath match has now become the next 'must not lose' match.